The Back of a Westeros Milk Carton

DarkSister1001

I’d like to compile a complete list of those characters that have gone missing in action or whose fates have not yet been confirmed, no matter how “minor” a character they are at this point in the story.

That includes every other character, as the books haven't yet been finished. You need to narrow it down a bit.

Also, a lot of those characters aren't "missing". They haven't simply yet appeared but might at some point, or definitely will. Gerold, for instance, is not missing. We know he's in High Hermitage. Howland Reed is also going to appear. I'd say only Benjen, Tyrek and Raynald are really missing. Old Nan, Beth, Stonesnake and similar are missing but likely dead. And Aemon, Nettles and old dragons are also probably dead.

is anybody looking for half the names on the list? Need some rules

Well, the criteria should obviously not be "not seen by readers since Jaime's last chapter in ADWD" because that is too broad. All I am saying is that there are specific reasons to regard Jaime as "missing" that do not apply to Brienne.

Well, the criteria should obviously not be "not seen by readers since Jaime's last chapter in ADWD" because that is too broad. All I am saying is that there are specific reasons to regard Jaime as "missing" that do not apply to Brienne.

Thats why i said need some rules. If 2 people are together you can`t only count 1 as missing

Thats why i said need some rules. If 2 people are together you can`t only count 1 as missing

I agree with your first statement, but not (as applied here) your second. Brienne and Jaime were together WHEN LAST SEEN. But, obviously, neither of were yet "missing" at the time.

Since then, Jaime is explicitly noted in the text as having gone missing for a period of weeks or months. He has been missing for a much longer period than he had planned to be absent from his camp. Something is wrong.

Brienne is never noted as missing. We don't know what's up with her, but that's as expected as her POV seems to have ceased. We don't know what happened between her hanging and her encounter with Jaime either. For all we know she could be hanging out with Illifer the Penniless, who has not been seen for an even longer time than Brienne.

But if "missing" merely means "whereabouts unknown", then her whereabouts are indeed unknown, and we can add Ser Illifer the Penniless to the list, along with his pal Ser Creighton.

Edited by ChillyPolly

Sheepstealer as well.

The bones are in the cave with BR because Nettles was really aCotF, maybe Leaf.

"She was born in the time of the dragon and walked the world of men for 200 years to watch, listen and learn. Exactly where she went and what she did she did not mention. She might be walking still, but her legs were sore and her heart was weary," (Prince Daemon), "so she turned her feet for home."

:thumbsup:

Edited by Alia of the knife

Nice OP now that it's cleaned up. One correction eeds to be made, though...

Raynald Westerling, squire and good-brother to King Robb Stark. Last seen 299 AC at The Twins during the Red Wedding. He released Grey Wind and was shot with crossbow arrows. He left a blood trail to the river.

Raynald was not Robb's squire, he was a knight. You are confusing him with his kid brother Rollam who is alive because he was not at the Red Wedding.

It jumped to my attention because Raynald is my favorite minor chracter and I rather hope he miraculously survived.

Edited by Mal Malenkirk

I don't have any new ones, just wanted to say that I love the new updated version of the OP. Great work! :thumbsup:

ETA: I actually do have some: Justin Massey and Tycho Nestoris, both last seen attending Stannis before the Battle of Ice and presumably heading to Braavos (via Eastwatch?). Massey is not to return without a sellsword company while Tycho seems to be going home.

If it counts, about a third of the Iron Fleet is missing, having failed to make the arranged rendezvous at the Isle of Cedars.

Edited by Maid So Fair