The Back of a Westeros Milk Carton

DarkSister1001

9 hours ago, Arry'sFleas said:

That thread is a great idea, sorry if i join it so late...

No worries, welcome to the club!  And BTW, love your handle.  I was just reading the part where she doesn't want to bathe bc the fleas have been with her so long that it felt wrong to drown them.  lol

So many loose ends, I doubt that they will all be resolved, perhaps GRRM lost his database at some point.

About this one:

I suggest you can add the 600 men quoted in the Grand Northern Conspiracy:

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn VI
Gregor Clegane was always ill news, Catelyn reflected. Would Robb need to march south again to deal with him? Or was the Mountain coming here? "Is Clegane across the river, then?"
"No." Bolton's voice was soft, but certain. "I left six hundred men at the ford. Spearmen from the rills, the mountains, and the White Knife, a hundred Hornwood longbows, some freeriders and hedge knights, and a strong force of Stout and Cerwyn men to stiffen them. Ronnel Stout and Ser Kyle Condon have the command.

Good call, I'll get that added.  Thanks!

Under MIA and related to your thread on Craster's boys:

-- the 6 WW seen in the first chapter of the first book. MIA since 297. (20 years and 5000 pages for us). We can't be sure that ser Puddles was one of them. Last seen butchering Waymar Royce north of the wall.

Since there's no way to identify them I'll leave them off, for now.  I wonder what their names are.  Do they even have names?  Would they have knick names?  Like calling one Fire in the way you would call a tall person Tiny?  Haha

and of course:

TWoW.

*Sigh, I know.  But we may regret wishing for it.  Gods alone know who will die or change in the next book.

On 1/22/2015 at 7:34 PM, DarkSister1001 said:

A list of missing or otherwise unseen characters from the series. If you haven't read all of the books, turn back now. :)

Thanks to all that helped compile this list. It should be more organized and thorough now.

MIA (Whereabouts unknown to readers and POV characters)

Benjen Stark, First Ranger of the Night’s Watch. In 299 AC during the Great Ranging, Craster tells LC Mormont that Benjen passed through 2 years ago.

Stonesnake, A ranger in the Night’s Watch from the Shadow Tower. About 299 AC he was North of the Wall. Aside from Jon Snow, Stonesnake was the only other member of Qhorin Halfhands’ group to be last seen alive. Qhorin instructed him to make for the Fist of the First Men. Rattleshirt tells Mance that Stonesnake was lost in the Skirling Pass out of reach.

Ser Brynden “Blackfish” Tully, Warden of the Southern Marches was a staunch ally to King Robb Stark. He was last seen in 299 AC at Riverrun. According to his nephew, Lord Edmure Tully, the Blackfish escaped under the portcullis of Riverrun and swam down the Red Fork.

Maege Mormont & Galbart Glover, Staunch supporters of King Robb Stark. Dispatched by the KitN from Hag’s Mire in 299 AC (prior to the Red Wedding) to seek out Howland Reed. Yet to resurface. Both were given false order from the King to carry.

Kyle Condon & Ronnel Stout, bannermen to King Robb Stark. They were last mentioned in approximately 299 AC. They were left on the Trident with 600 men to defend against the Lannisters on orders of Roose Bolton.

Remains of Lord Eddard “Ned” Stark. His remains were sent to his Lady wife, Catelyn Tully Stark at Riverrun by Tyrion Lannister. She then sent them North with Hallis Mollen and an honor guard to be entombed with the other Lord Starks in the crypts of Winterfell. As of the end of ADwD his remains have not resurfaced and Lady Barbrey Dustin remarks that she does not intend to allow them to make it to the crypts.

Hallis Mollen, captain of the Winterfell Guards. He was sent in 299 AC from Riverrun with an honor guard to Winterfell with the remains of Lord Eddard Stark. Later Catelyn wonders if he made it past Moat Cailin before it was taken by the ironmen.

Gerold Dayne “Darkstar” of House Dayne was last seen in 300 AC on the Greenblood River in Dorne after he attempted assassination of Myrcella Baratheon.

Weasel, a young child found by Yoren or the Night’s Watch in the Riverlands. She ran off into the woods around 299 AC during the attack of Gregor Clegane.

Edric Dayne of Starfall (milk brother to Jon Snow), Anguy the Archer, Merrit O’Moontown, Watty the Miller, Melly and Puddingfoot were all members of the Brotherhood without Banners up until leadership of the group changed to Lady Stoneheart around 299 AC. None have been seen since.

Pello of Tyrosh “Greenbread” & Mad Huntsman, members of the Brotherhood without Banners, have not been seen since being sent south of the Mander River in 299 AC in search of food.

Pyat Pree, a warlock from the House of the Undying in Qarth was last seen when Dany and Drogon burned the House of the Undying for their attempt to drain her life force. Pyat is said to have survived and traveled to Pentos in search of Dany. It is heavily implied that he was captured by Euron Greyjoy and is teaching Euron black magic.

Aeron Greyjoy, Damphair a high priest of the Drowned God was at Nagga’s Hill on Old Wyk in the Iron Islands and orchestrated the kingsmoot in 299 AC. Damphair was openly against the election of Euron Greyjoy and has not been seen since.

Zei a whore from Mole's Town. She fled to Castle Black and helped defend is against wildlings using her crossbow. She stayed to help defend the gates in the following attack. Jon Snow sent her to Mole's Town for more help. She never made it back. Jon sent Mully. Mully said Mole's Town was deserted and there was no sign of Zei.

Alys Rivers was a paramour to Price Aemond Targaryen of the Greens during the Dance of the Dragons. She was pregnant with his child when she was last seen kissing him goodbye before his fight with Daemon Targaryen above the God's Eye.

Unnamed Daughter of Alys Arryn & Elys Waynwood was their fourth daughter and was kidnapped by the Burned Men when she was traveling to marry a Bracken.

Qarl Correy was a knight in service to House Velaryon at High Tide. He was rumored to be the lover of Laenor Velaryon, Queen Rhaenyra's husband. Qarl killed Laenor in Spicetown for unknown reasons. He has not been seen since he escaped after their quarrel.

Cutjack was a stonemason and Tarber was an orphan. They were making their way to the Wall as new recruits with Yoren. The survived an attack by Amory Lorch at a holdfast near the God's Eye. They abandoned the others and took everyt5hing of value they could find.

Presumed Dead (body not recovered)

Raynald Westerling, knight and good-brother to King Robb Stark. Last seen 299 AC at The Twins during the Red Wedding. He released Grey Wind and was shot with crossbow arrows. He left a blood trail to the river.

Tyrek Lannister of House Lannister was last seen in King’s Landing in 299 AC during a mob attack. Despite multiple searches his body has yet to be recovered probably due to his body being rendered unrecognizable by the mob.

Daemon Targaryen of House Targaryen fought for his wife/niece Rhaenyra and the Blacks. In 130 AC at the God’s Eye he engaged Aemond Targaryen of The Greens in a fight on dragonback. Both men and their dragons slammed into the lake. His body was the only one not recovered.

Gerion Lannister of House Lannister set sail from Lannisport in 291 AC to search for the family ancestral Valyrian steel blade. He is rumored to have gone as far as Volantis before being abandoned by his crew.

Ashara Dayne of House Dayne and sister to Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, is said to have been driven by grief to throw herself off a cliff in Starfall in 283 AC. Her body was never recovered.

Nettles, a dragonseed and rider of Sheepsteeler fought for her lover, Daemon Targaryen for the Blacks. She and her dragon were last seen around 130 AC flying over the Bay of Crabs.

Rhaeger Frey, Seymond Frey & Jared Frey of House Frey all traveled to White Harbor to return the remains of Lord Manderly’s son to him following his death at the Red Wedding. They were to depart for the Bolton/Stark wedding in Winterfell and were given palfreys as guest gifts on their day of departure. They have yet to show up. It’s heavily implied they were the meat in the pies Manderly served at the wedding feast.

Maester Wyllis traveled to Hardhome as a healer and counselor before it's destruction and was under the protection of Gorm the Wolf, one of 4 chieftains of Hardhome. When Gorm was killed in a drunken brawl Maester Wyllis fled back to Oldtown and wrote Hardhome: An Account of Three Years Spent Beyond-the-Wall among Savages, Raiders, and Woods-witches. Wyllis vanished a year after the illuminations were done. He was last seen on the docks of Oldtown looking for a ship to carrying him to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea.

Likely Changed Identities

Aurane Waters, The Bastard of Driftmark of House Velaryon and Master of Ships of the royal fleet was last seen in approximately 300 AC informing Cersei of the fighting at Storm’s End led by Ser Loras Tyrell. Later, Qyburn tells Cersei that Aurane fled King’s Landing with the ships. An exact description of these ships is mentioned as being under the command of a new pirate king, the Lord of the Waters.

Jaqen H'ghar, presumably a member of the assassins order known as Faceless Men. Arya Stark watched him change his face as he left Harrenhal in 299 AC. Later, an alchemist in Oldtown surfaced matching the description of Jaqen’s new face. The alchemist then encountered and killed Pate, a novice in training at the Citadel. Later, Sam meets “Pate” who is most likely Jaqen in yet another disguise.

Sandor Clegane, formerly a member of Joffrey Baratheon’s Kingsguard. He deserted his post during the Battle of the Blackwater. His current allegiance is unknown though he was an unlikely protector of Sansa Stark and a somewhat mentor and protector to Arya Stark. He was gravely injured in 300 AC at the Saltpans. Arya denied him the gift of mercy and left him. Later, Brienne of Tarth encounters the Elder Brother and sees a Grave Digger matching the enormous size and somewhat description of Sandor.

Gregor Clegane, The Mountain that Rides of House Clegane and brother to Sandor Celgane was a loyal bannerman to House Lannister. He championed the Iron Throne against Oberyn Martell in Tyrion Lannister’s Trial by Combat following the allegations that Tyrion poisoned King Joffrey Baratheon. Gregor took a fatal and poisoned injury from Oberyn before crushing Oberyn’s face. Qyburn was sent to tend to his wounds. Later, a knight matching Gregor’s unnatural size was introduced as the newest member of the Kingsguard named Ser Robert Strong.

Unsolved Mysteries

Syrio Forel, First Sword of Bravos (formerly), hired by Lord Eddard Stark to train Arya Stark in the art of water dancing. In 298 AC during the purge of the Winterfell household from the Red Keep he held back the Lannister guards for Arya to escape. Ser Meryn Trant of the Kingsguard tells Cersei that he killed the “dancing instructor”. Meryn’s account leaves questions as readers know that Syrio introduced himself as the First Sword and not a dancing instructor.

Unknown Players

Richard Lonmouth, Rhaegar Targaryen’s closest friend and an ally of House Targaryen was last seen in 281 AC during the Tourney at Harrenhal.

The Night's King, 13th Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch lived during the Age of Heroes. It is said that he took an Other for a wife and lost his soul in the process. Old Nan tells Bran Stark that the Night’s King was also named Brandon Stark and was brother to the King of Winter. Oddly, she also claims that Brandon the Breaker, the King of Winter brother to the Night’s King came together with the King-Beyond-The Wall, Joramun to defeat the Night’s King. They then wipe his name from the records of history.

Tysha Lannister, first wife of Tyrion Lannister, disappeared after their whirlwind elopement and subsequent devastating punishment brought on by Tywin Lannister. Based on Tyrion’s age at the time of the marriage and his current age it’s surmised that they were married around 280 AC.

Lady Lyarra Stark, of House Stark was the wife of Rickard Stark and mother to his children, Brandon, Ned, Lyanna and Benjen. Other than her lineage, no other information is known.

Willas Tyrell of House Tyrell is the heir to Highgarden. He has yet to been seen, only said to be in Highgarden.

Howland Reed of House Reed is a staunch ally of Ned Stark and House Stark. He sent his children, Jojen and Meera, to Winterfell in 299 AC to pledge fealty during the Harvest Feast and to help Bran Stark based on the greendreams of Jojen. Ned Stark states Howland saved his life at the Tower of Joy during Robert’s Rebellion.

Swampy Meg & Jon O’Nutten are members of the Brotherhood without Banners. They have not been seen, only as appendix entries.

Maegor Targaryen of House Targaryen was the son of Aerion Brightflame. Aerion died drinking wildfire in 232 AC, the same year Maegor was born. Maegor was a contender for the Iron Throne during the Great Council in 233 AC. He was passed over due to fear of him having inherited his father’s madness and because his namesake was Maegor the Cruel. He’s not been seen since the Great Council.

Shiera Seastar, a Targaryen Great Bastard was a known paramour of her half-brother, Lord Brynden “Bloodraven” Rivers. She was known to have spent time in the Red Keep though when she left and where she went is not known.

Wenda, the White Fawn was a member of the Kingswood Brotherhood during the reign of Aerys II. She was known to brand the butts of her highborn captives. Merret Frey was a victim of her branding sometime between 277 and 282 AC (based on when Merret Frey would’ve been old enough to be looking for the Brotherhood and before his marriage). Wenda’s fate is unknown after the defeat of the Kingswood Brotherhood.

King Brandon Stark, the Shipwright, was last seen setting sail on the Sunset Sea prior to Aegon’s Landing.

Emperor Aurion was one of the few dragonlords to survive the doom of Valyria. He raised an army of 30,000 Qohorik colonists, declared himself Emperor of Valyria and flew away on dragonback to reestablish Valyria. Neither he nor his host were seen again.

This is such a clever, fun topic idea,:D and you did an excellent job detailing those unfortunate souls who have gone missing.  Since I cannot meaningfully contribute as you and everyone else has mentioned those folk I would have put on a milk carton, I thought I would add my support to another excellent OP by Dark Sister.  Good Job!:wub:

15 hours ago, DarkSister1001 said:

And BTW, love your handle.  I was just reading the part where she doesn't want to bathe bc the fleas have been with her so long that it felt wrong to drown them. 

ah yes, it is my favourite line in the books! and after reading further i realised she (Arya) actually saved these fleas from the drowned god!

so not only she eventually owed 3 lives to the red god, but she also owes several to the drowned god...though i refuse to link this with her current occupation (yet)

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, evita mgfs said:

This is such a clever, fun topic idea,:D and you did an excellent job detailing those unfortunate souls who have gone missing.  Since I cannot meaningfully contribute as you and everyone else has mentioned those folk I would have put on a milk carton, I thought I would add my support to another excellent OP by Dark Sister.  Good Job!:wub:

Thanks!

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:34 PM, Brother of edd tollett said:

Am i the only wondering how harrenhall can be so easily be rewarded to others even though the owner Lady whent is not confirmed death but should also be on the back of the local milk carton?

Good call!  I forgot about her.  I'll read up and get her added.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:46 PM, Arry'sFleas said:

ah yes, it is my favourite line in the books! and after reading further i realised she (Arya) actually saved these fleas from the drowned god!

so not only she eventually owed 3 lives to the red god, but she also owes several to the drowned god...though i refuse to link this with her current occupation (yet)

Haha!  Where's the God of fleas and ticks!?

• 2 years later...