The Back of a Westeros Milk Carton

DarkSister1001

Simon, Jarad, and Rhaegar Frey: The last man to see them alive (Lord Manderly) describe them as sweet guys and never bitter. When he found out they had not mustard at Winterfell as planned Lord Manderly said he would miss chewing the fat with them and he would relish one more opportunity to ketchup with them and pick their brains.

• 1 month later...

A couple threads similar to this one got started a few days back. Now that the board is functional again and I can find things once more, figured I'd bump this one since it's the most complete list I've seen.

Thanks! Now that the boards are up I need to go back and do some editing.

Edited by DarkSister1001

Vayon Poole is presumed dead, though no one has said anything about his fate.

The Shrouded Lord is a big unexplained mystery on the same level as the Night King.

Vayon was killed during the purge of the WF household in KL.

Maester Wyllis

Wyllis was a maester who established himself on the Free Folk settlement of Hardhome, under the protection of the chieftainGorm the Wolf, to write their customs while practicing as a healer and counselor. When Gorm was murdered in a drunken brawl, Wyllis found himself in mortal danger and fled back to Oldtown, where he wrote Hardhome: An Account of Three Years Spent Beyond-the-Wall among Savages, Raiders, and Woods-witches. The year after the illuminations were done, Wyllis vanished. It was said in the Citadel that he was last seen at the docks, looking for a ship that would take him to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea[1]

With what we know about Hardhome I think this is rather interesting.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll get him added.

Simon, Jarad, and Rhaegar Frey: The last man to see them alive (Lord Manderly) describe them as sweet guys and never bitter. When he found out they had not mustard at Winterfell as planned Lord Manderly said he would miss chewing the fat with them and he would relish one more opportunity to ketchup with them and pick their brains.

They're on there. At the bottom of the "Presumed Dead" list.

I'm curious about the fate of the women and children of Witnterfell, including Beth Cassell, Sansa's friend and daughter of Ser Rodrick, last seen headed for The Dreadfort under the command of Ramsay Snow. We know some were killed in hunts and some escaped to White Harbor, but we don't know anything about the rest of them, such as whether they're alive and what shape they're in.

Why is Daemon Targaryen on the list?

Even if the romantic songs are right and he survived the Battle of Gods Eye and lived out the rest of his days with Nettles, he still lived out the rest of those days decades ago and has long since died. Otherwise, he'd be, what, in his 170s?

Of course you can come up with theories that make him a tree-monster southern counterpart to Bloodraven on the Isle of Faces, but even if that were true, it seems very doubtful that anyone in Westeros believes him missing or would ever think to look for him alive.

I'm curious about the fate of the women and children of Witnterfell, including Beth Cassell, Sansa's friend and daughter of Ser Rodrick, last seen headed for The Dreadfort under the command of Ramsay Snow. We know some were killed in hunts and some escaped to White Harbor, but we don't know anything about the rest of them, such as whether they're alive and what shape they're in.

Since we're told they are at the Dreadfort I kept them off the list. But I'd LOVE to know what's been going on with them. Especially Old Nan.

Why is Daemon Targaryen on the list?

Even if the romantic songs are right and he survived the Battle of Gods Eye and lived out the rest of his days with Nettles, he still lived out the rest of those days decades ago and has long since died. Otherwise, he'd be, what, in his 170s?

Of course you can come up with theories that make him a tree-monster southern counterpart to Bloodraven on the Isle of Faces, but even if that were true, it seems very doubtful that anyone in Westeros believes him missing or would ever think to look for him alive.

Since it has been so long he's presumed dead. But the matter of how, when and where he died could be important to the story.

• 1 month later...

Nettles, a dragonseed and rider of Sheepsteeler fought for her lover, Daemon Targaryen for the Blacks.  She and her dragon were last seen around 130 AC flying over the Bay of Crabs.

Jumped straight from the OP to replying so sorry if this has been mentionned before.

I think you can add that Nettles was likely the Burned Men's fire witch, which is imho as safe an assumption as some other theories that made the list.

Somewhat related: I'd maybe add Alys Rivers, last seen carrying Aemond's bastard right before the Gods' Eye showdown - of course the fate of every single character related to the Dance isn't known, but since we know for a fact she was carrying a dragonseed, she was likely the one telling whoever Gyldayn's source was about the fight, and she claims to be a seer, I think she deserves a spot up there :)

Somewhat related (yes, yes it is!), I would definitely add the fourth daughter of Elys and Alys Arryn, who was, as per Littlefinger's words to Sansa:

on her way to the riverlands to marry some Bracken when Burned Men carried her off.

Completely unrelated, and debatable I guess (he sure wasn't pregnant), is Qarl Correy, one of Laenor Velaryon's favourites.

[Mushroom thinks] Prince Daemon paid Qarl Correy to dispose of Princess Rhaenyra’s husband, arranged for a ship to carry him away, then cut his throat and fed him to the sea. [...] Yet there was no shred of proof, then or now, though the Sea Snake offered a reward of ten thousand golden dragons for any man who could lead him to Ser Qarl Correy or deliver the killer to a father’s vengeance.

From the Rogue Prince. The facts that Mushroom's theory is not discarded, and that Gyldayn does not say whether anybody claimed Corlys' reward pretty much establish that we don't know what became of Correy.

Well ya, that is made obvious by the books. I was just wondering if he/his whereabouts/current actions might fit this thread. 

Since he was sent somewhere his storyline is more of the cliffhanger than someone like Benjen who is MIA.  Similarly I left out Rickon since we have a good idea that he's in Skagos even though that books haven't told us that he's definitely there and safe.  I had to purposefully leave out cliffhangers otherwise it became a monstrous list. 

In America, the milk industry puts the names and pix of missing children on the backs of milk cartons.  Almost all of these kids were taken by one parent to keep them away from the other parent.  I've always suspected that the program mostly serves to reunite children with their abusers.

Anyway, if the same thing doesn't happen in other countries this whole thread could be very confusing.  Do they?

Actually, I don't drink that much milk.  Do they still do it here?

Actually I think they quit doing that in the 80's.... at least in my area. I've never seen missing children on a milk carton except on TV and in movies. 

Jumped straight from the OP to replying so sorry if this has been mentionned before.

I think you can add that Nettles was likely the Burned Men's fire witch, which is imho as safe an assumption as some other theories that made the list.

Somewhat related: I'd maybe add Alys Rivers, last seen carrying Aemond's bastard right before the Gods' Eye showdown - of course the fate of every single character related to the Dance isn't known, but since we know for a fact she was carrying a dragonseed, she was likely the one telling whoever Gyldayn's source was about the fight, and she claims to be a seer, I think she deserves a spot up there :)

Somewhat related (yes, yes it is!), I would definitely add the fourth daughter of Elys and Alys Arryn, who was, as per Littlefinger's words to Sansa:

Completely unrelated, and debatable I guess (he sure wasn't pregnant), is Qarl Correy, one of Laenor Velaryon's favourites.

From the Rogue Prince. The facts that Mushroom's theory is not discarded, and that Gyldayn does not say whether anybody claimed Corlys' reward pretty much establish that we don't know what became of Correy.

Good stuff, I'll get into that and update as soon as I can.  Thanks!

Actually I think they quit doing that in the 80's.... at least in my area. I've never seen missing children on a milk carton except on TV and in movies. 

Yes, I'm definitely showing my age.  lol  But the phrase referencing it as meaning a missing person is still fairly common among us elderly.  :)

Since he was sent somewhere his storyline is more of the cliffhanger than someone like Benjen who is MIA.  Similarly I left out Rickon since we have a good idea that he's in Skagos even though that books haven't told us that he's definitely there and safe.  I had to purposefully leave out cliffhangers otherwise it became a monstrous list. 

Makes sense. Sounds good.

Good stuff, I'll get into that and update as soon as I can.  Thanks!

Yes, I'm definitely showing my age.  lol  But the phrase referencing it as meaning a missing person is still fairly common among us elderly.  :)

Hell, it's STILL fairly common now. Oh and I found an article about the history of the practice. It seems it only went on for little over a decade. But it sure left a lasting impression! http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2012/04/etan_patz_case_why_did_dairies_put_missing_children_on_their_milk_cartons_.html

Thanks again.  I added all but the theory on Nettles.  I think she's Leaf and I'm biased.  :) 

Thanks again.  I added all but the theory on Nettles.  I think she's Leaf and I'm biased.  :)

Haha fair enough!
Thanks to you for all the work you put into this :)

ETA: here's another one!

The histories of Qohor likewise claim that a visiting dragonlord, Aurion, raised forces from the Qohorik colonists and proclaimed himself the first Emperor of Valyria. He flew away on the back of his great dragon, with thirty thousand men following behind afoot, to lay claim to what remained of Valyria and to reestablish the Freehold. But neither Emperor Aurion nor his host were ever seen again.

From the World of Ice and Fire, the Doom of Valyria.

And thanks to LM for pointing these guys out in the Small Questions Thread:

Do we ever learn what became of Tarber and Cutjack after they abandoned Arya, Gendry, Hot Pie and Lommy?

Last heard from in Arya V, a Clash of Kings:

They buried him under a mound of stones, and Cutjack had claimed his sword and hunting horn, while Tarber helped himself to bow and boots and knife. They'd taken it all when they left. At first they thought the two had just gone hunting, that they'd soon return with game and feed them all. But they waited and waited, until finally Gendry made them move on. Maybe Tarber and Cutjack figured they would stand a better chance without a gaggle of orphan boys to herd along. They probably would too, but that didn't stop her hating them for leaving.

Edited by Roddy Darwin

Haha fair enough!
Thanks to you for all the work you put into this :)

ETA: here's another one!
From the World of Ice and Fire, the Doom of Valyria.

And thanks to LM for pointing these guys out in the Small Questions Thread:
Last heard from in Arya V, a Clash of Kings:

Awesome.  Thanks for these! 

• 7 months later...

That thread is a great idea, sorry if i join it so late...

So many loose ends, I doubt that they will all be resolved, perhaps GRRM lost his database at some point.

About this one:

On 23/01/2015 at 11:34 AM, DarkSister1001 said:

Kyle Condon & Ronnel Stout, bannermen to King Robb Stark. They were last mentioned in approximately 299 AC. They were left on the Trident to defend against the Lannisters on orders of Roose Bolton.

I suggest you can add the 600 men quoted in the Grand Northern Conspiracy:

A Storm of Swords - Catelyn VI
Gregor Clegane was always ill news, Catelyn reflected. Would Robb need to march south again to deal with him? Or was the Mountain coming here? "Is Clegane across the river, then?"
"No." Bolton's voice was soft, but certain. "I left six hundred men at the ford. Spearmen from the rills, the mountains, and the White Knife, a hundred Hornwood longbows, some freeriders and hedge knights, and a strong force of Stout and Cerwyn men to stiffen them. Ronnel Stout and Ser Kyle Condon have the command.

Under MIA and related to your thread on Craster's boys:

-- the 6 WW seen in the first chapter of the first book. MIA since 297. (20 years and 5000 pages for us). We can't be sure that ser Puddles was one of them. Last seen butchering Waymar Royce north of the wall.

and of course:

TWoW.