Talking in your sleep

Stubby

I remember me and my sister used to share a bunk bed and once I heard her very clearly say "NO SIAN!!! thats MY toast"

LOL... This reminded me of when I was 12 and my mom and cousin went out for their birthdays (mom's was 3/11 cousin's was 3/12)....

My mom came home drunk as f*** and went to sleep in my parents room... well the thing is my parents had one of those locks above the handle that you pull to the right to lock people out....

Now my dad was about to go to sleep but realized that he was locked out.... So he kept knocking louder and louder asking her to unlock the door.... My mother's ONLY response for 10-15 mins before my dad just busted the door open was:

"It's on the envelope!!!!"

My dad: Carmen open the door!

My Mother: IT'S ON THE ENVELOPE!!!!!

DAD: Open the door!

Mother: IT'S ON the envelope....

DAD: OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!

Mother: ENVELOPE!!!!!

Omg... It was hilarious!!!

ENVELOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13]

I'm a prolific sleep-talker. Almost garrulous. My wife sleeps with ear plugs these past several years but used to relay some of the bizarre nonsense from my REM. Definitely nothing profound or incriminating.

One time I dived across the bed to grab her. When she angrily demanded what the hell I was doing I told her I was saving her from the earthquake (in an injured, unappreciated tone).

I'm a prolific sleep-talker. Almost garrulous. My wife sleeps with ear plugs these past several years but used to relay some of the bizarre nonsense from my REM. Definitely nothing profound or incriminating.

One time I dived across the bed to grab her. When she angrily demanded what the hell I was doing I told her I was saving her from the earthquake (in an injured, unappreciated tone).

Except unless you are one of the rare persons with REM Behavior Disorder, it is NOT the REM stage you are sleeptalking in, but the deepest stage of sleep (now called NREM-3).

My wife occasionally talks in her sleep and it has really picked up since she's become pregnant. A few weeks ago she said that we "need to eat sausage links for the baby" and to "puree the meat eyes". I'm guessing because the doctor told her earlier that day to eat more red meat because she's borderline enemic. Last week she said "I need butter for circulation". And a few nights ago she said "we need to turn off the potato cars".

Apparently I kept muttering "bugle fingers" in a drunken slumber last summer after my friends' wedding. I listened to an episode of the Nerdist Podcast earlier in the day, titled "Bugle Fingers". I guess it left an impression on me.

I used to sleep walk as a child, constantly trying to sleep in the bath tub. No idea why.

Sometimes I mumble stuff in sleep, when I'm somewhere between dreamland and real life (in the process of waking up) I can feel myself muttering something and then I wake up. It's pretty rare though, I'm normally a very deep sleeper.

Last time it happened, I woke muttering 'you fucking piece of fucking shit' because I was really pissed at someone in my dream XD

Archived