Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

I appreciate that but I'm asking whether that might have happened to a specific group of Silent Sisters.

I don't thinkbot can be ruled out bit in the absence of a specific hint I think we have to assume the George was conveying the wickedness of the Brave Companions.

nothing significant, but i like this (unintentional?) call back:

The victor was the red priest, Thoros of Myr<...> He had won melees before; the fire sword frightened the mounts of the other riders, and nothing frightened Thoros.

(Thoros) “Then why show the world their face? Savage, snarling, twisted . . . is that who you would be, Lem?”

(Lem) “The sight of it will make my foes afraid.”

(Thoros) “The sight of it makes me afraid.”

The Tullys would have Valyrian blood through House Qoherys. If Edmyn Tully and Qoherys Girl are the ancestors of the current Tullys, and their line hadn't ended.

Tully could have potentially had additional Valyrian blood if Jaeherys II (grandfather of Daenerys) had married his betrothed, Celia Tully. He chose to reject this betrothal set up by his father in favor of marrying for love to Betha Blackwood his sister Shaena. Also, if Jaeherys had not broken this betrothal, Tully's allegiance during Robert's Rebellion could've been quite different.

ETA: Oops! Wrong wife. ;)

Tully could have potentially had additional Valyrian blood if Jaeherys II (grandfather of Daenerys) had married his betrothed, Celia Tully. He chose to reject this betrothal set up by his father in favor of marrying for love to Betha Blackwood. Also, if Jaeherys had not broken this betrothal, Tully's allegiance during Robert's Rebellion could've been quite different.

Betha Blackwood was Jaehaerys' mother ;) Jaehaerys married his sister, Shaera, for love.

Correct on the rebellion thing, but at the same time, such a marriage isn't everything, as we've seen with House Baratheon.

i thought that a pale horse was a traditional sign of disease? like one of the four horsemen

The phrase "Death rides a pale horse" comes from the book of Revelation and describes one of the four horseman of the Apocalypse. Interestingly the rider is supposed to signify conquest, not necessarily disease.

to lazy to edit post above... just noticed that during the chapter when he's talking with Cat, he also starts to talk about Aerys. It's mostly due to the wine. Later, when he tells Brienne how/why he killed the King, he's not drunk but he's a bit feverish. It's like he has been DYING to tell someone, and for some reason, he has trusted only women into telling his darkest secret. He hasn't told Cersei, though.

to lazy to edit post above... just noticed that during the chapter when he's talking with Cat, he also starts to talk about Aerys. It's mostly due to the wine. Later, when he tells Brienne how/why he killed the King, he's not drunk but he's a bit feverish. It's like he has been DYING to tell someone, and for some reason, he has trusted only women into telling his darkest secret. He hasn't told Cersei, though.

That's one of the reasons I like the poor bastard so much. There's so much bitterness when he tells Brienne why he never told anybody too, like "do you really think self-righteous lord Stark would have even listened?"

I would call it his brighest secret though. :)

That's one of the reasons I like the poor bastard so much. There's so much bitterness when he tells Brienne why he never told anybody too, like "do you really think self-righteous lord Stark would have even listened?"

I would call it his brighest secret though. :)

Yep. I'm making a small Jaime re-read and it's amazing all the things that he does that contradict what he says aloud.

I thought this was noteworthy given Bloodraven's association with white mist...

Tormund turned back. "You know nothing. You killed a dead man, aye, I heard. Mance killed a hundred. A man can fight the dead, but when their masters come, when the white mists rise up how do you fight a mist, crow? Shadows with teeth air so cold it hurts to breathe, like a knife inside your chest you do not know, you cannot know can your sword cut cold?"

Jon XII, Dance

Did anyone get that Maggy the Frog was actually a maegi before it was revealed by Qyburn? I sure didn't

Kevan Lannister stated it in Storm ;)

Gawen is a good man, but his wife is Sybell Spicer. He should never have wed her. The Westerlings always did have more honor than sense. Lady Sybell’s grandfather was a trader in saffron and pepper, almost as lowborn as that smuggler Stannis keeps. And the grandmother was some woman he’d brought back from the east. A frightening old crone, supposed to be a priestess. Maegi, they called her. No one could pronounce her real name. Half of Lannisport used to go to her for cures and love potions and the like.” He shrugged. “She’s long dead, to be sure. And Jeyne seemed a sweet child, I’ll grant you, though I only saw her once. But with such doubtful blood...”

Archived