Wow, I never noticed that... v.10

Lost Melnibonean

'Septs have been despoiled, maidens and mothers raped by godless men and demon worshipers. Even silent sisters have been molested.'

We know about septs being destroyed and various rapes by the Brave Companions, who can be considered godless/demon worshippers as some are foreign and worship different gods. How about the silent sisters though? Is this what happened to Ned's bones?

We know about septs being destroyed and various rapes by the Brave Companions, who can be considered godless/demon worshippers as some are foreign and worship different gods. How about the silent sisters though? Is this what happened to Ned's bones?

it means silent sisters have been raped

We know that the silent sisters taking Ned's bones back to Winterfell were being accompanied by Hallis Mollen. By the time that Cat sends Hallis north with Ned's bones and the silent sisters, Edmure's already sent Roose to take Harrenhal. The Brave Companions switch sides somewhere around that time. So, while the fates of Hal and Ned's bones are unresolved as of now, I'd think it'd be rather short-sighted of Vargo Hoat to have his men attack Hallis, who'd almost certainly be bearing the direwolf of House Stark, while they're in the process of betraying the Lannisters in favor of Roose and the North.

Instead he had whimpered through his broken teeth and said, "I am "

" a turncloak and a kinslayer," Crowfood had finished. "You will hold that lying tongue, or lose it."

But Umber had looked at the girl closely, squinting down with his one good eye. "You are the younger daughter?"

And Jeyne had nodded. "Arya. My name is Arya."

"Arya of Winterfell, aye. When last I was inside those walls, your cook served us a steak and kidney pie. Made with ale, I think, best I ever tasted. What was his name, that cook?"

"Gage," Jeyne said at once. "He was a good cook. He would make lemoncakes for Sansa whenever we had lemons."

Crowfood had fingered his beard. "Dead now, I suppose. That smith of yours as well. A man who knew his steel. What was his name?"

Jeyne had hesitated. Mikken, Theon thought. His name was Mikken. The castle blacksmith had never made any lemoncakes for Sansa, which made him far less important than the castle cook in the sweet little world she had shared with her friend Jeyne Poole. Remember, damn you. Your father was the steward, he had charge of the whole household. The smith's name was Mikken, Mikken, Mikken. I had him put to death before me!

"Mikken," Jeyne said.

Mors Umber had grunted. "Aye."

Theon I, Winds

Does Mors know that Theon did not kill Bran and Rickon? Is that why he shut him up that way so quickly? And obviously he suspects Arya's authenticity, but does he know?

Theon I, Winds

Does Mors know that Theon did not kill Bran and Rickon? Is that why he shut him up that way so quickly? And obviously he suspects Arya's authenticity, but does he know?

Another question, how does he know who Gage and Mikken are? Most nobles don't bother to learn the names of their host's servants.

Jon XI, Dance

Is this a subtle dig at Sansa?

I think so...not at Sansa, really though, but at what he may consider to be 'southron culture' (courtly, knightly culture) in general, of which pre-Joffrey Sansa is the embodiment. Jon and 'southron culture' don't get on.... that's also probably due to Catelyn and to the widespread northerner's prejudice against the 'soft' south (and vice et versa).

Archived