Bakker XXXIII: Truth shines

Bakker XXXIII: The Thing Called A Thread

Bakker XXXIII: That which precedes everything

Bakker XXXIII: Love is lust made meaningful

Bakker XXXIII: Love is for lesser souls

Bakker XXXIII: The truth of nothing

Bakker XXXIII: Truth shines

Bakker XXXIII: The Thread for Lovers

I'd asked him over the summer if he might consider joining us for an episode (at that point we'd literally done TSACast #1). He didn't say no but he also didn't respond affirmatively. I think our best bet is to keep legitimizing the Cast by participating in more regular content-creation

Such conceit! Have you tried offering him a gold coin? What better way to legitimize it than by having the author appear?

From the New Bakker Story Thread:

That was some time ago though, so we don't know that that hasn't been pushed into TSTSNBN. I assume Eänna will play some role in the future of the series, but mainly in the sense that that Xiuhianni, like the rest of humanity, pose a problem if the Consult want to solve the 144,000 problem. I therefore assume the Consult have in some way been active in Eänna, but I think if they'd exterminated the Xiuhianni there we'd have heard about it, so I assume they've made use of them or that they are not numerous enough to be useful.

It's possible there ruled by the consult and will pour over the mountains like Shara in WoT.

It’s better to have this discussion in the regular thread.

Any further thoughts? I think Darzin is right and Eanna may well play the role of a Chekhov's Continent a lá Shara in WoT.

I also wanted to make an enquiry regarding Chorae. I noted that Plato refers to the khora (originally referring to the territory of a Greek polis outside the city proper) as being spaces enfolded between being and non-being which act as receptacles for the Forms. If Bakker's chorae references Plato's khora, can we think of the chorae as being receptacles for the objective (i.e. the God), which 'correct' any woundings to the onta in their vicinity (so the salting of sorcerors is really a healing of their Mark).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kh%C3%B4ra

Great find! I didn’t know that.

[…] a way of evading the allegedly phallocentric character of symbolic activity (signification through language),[…]

You can’t make that up.

If this appears in Derrida, Lacan, and Heidegger then Bakker is sure to know this. So is solo? Have I just not been paying attention?

Archived