Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

More questions on rewatching the trailer...

I think its Mance on the pyre. They show Rattleshirt when Varys speaks about men of talent taking part in upcoming battle. From Jon, Stannis or Mel's point of view, they kept Mance alive for that very reason.

Ellaria looks cool. In the books she was a peaceful character, the show seems to have mixed her with Arianne/Tyene.

No sign of Sam and Gilly, There are no babies to switch, Balon Greyjoy still rolling on, what will happen to Sam-Oldtown events?

Who are the horseriders in the north-looking region (not Arryn soldiers)?

Jon Snow is fighting someone one-on-one. Who?

Lots and lots of boats in the new season, but no ironborn.

Between the dreaded possibilty of Sansa-Petyr and/or Jon-Melisandre intimate scenes, i can almost forgive Miss Worm taking it to next level.

Great to finally have a trailer

I can understand some book changes like Jaimie in Dorne and Ellaria as Arianne (to a degree) because in the V medium they need to introduce a host of new characters via established ones, being Jaimie and Ellaria

Part of me thinks they could have had 2/3 major Sand Snakes (especially as they've melded them together to be nearly indescernible, almost the opposite of TV but anyway) and had Arianne but simpler just to be able to say, those 3 are Oberyns daughters rather than those two there are but that woman there is Prince Dorans

If they were going for 10 seasons they could and probably would add Aegon and Greyjoys Kinsmoot but given they are going for 7 or 8 then I guess they have jettisoned some stuff

Great to hear the High Sparrow btw, great that we are only hearing him at first and they are focusing on a revenge on Tyrion arc for Cersei....great to see Olenna/Dianna Rigg making an appearance/s too

I'm more interested in the implications for the show now spoiling the book.....

1. The jab from Varys to Tyrion about "what makes you think it's a man?"....

Either Aegon is a completely unimportant pretender in the books, who is about to die horribly -or-

It was trying to build Aegon's character as a surprise.

Given that we only have 10 episodes, and we've already seen footage of Dinklage with Daeny. well.... yeah... (f)Aegon looks to be a fake in the books, or at least unimportant.

2. Hints that perhaps Sansa's story will be somewhat merged with Lady Stoneheart.

Gives Sansa something to do, and sets her up as a fairly ruthless piece on the board.... Would be an interesting change.... and implies that LSH has some kind of significance too important to cut out, but not important enough that Catelyn needs to be doing it.

3. Jaime in Dorne.... apparently for the Myrcella plot? I can't really think of anything else important actually worth staying in Dorne for, but at the same time I never really saw much point in the Myrcella plot, since it was only a Dornish law...

Darkstar involved? Darkstar actually important?

4. Not so subtle hints that Jon Snow could be in play for the throne.....

Just a nod to the hardcore fans? They do seem to throw a few of those in, if only to toy with people.... but without fleshing out the Lyanna/Rhaegar saga, I feel it would be harder to explain.

5. Olenna has at least one scene.... No idea what she's around for (other than being awesome on the show)

It'll be an interesting season, but mostly because they're deviating so heavily.....

Doesn't really seem like we're getting any of the Ironborne stuff, and hell outside of a really obscure reference to it at Joffrey's wedding, no show watcher would even know Balon had even died.....And certainly nothing to set up a Kingsmoot... or uncles.

I have no idea what the hell Brienne will do all season, with LSH and Jaime both seemingly cut from potential interaction.

If Mel is

More questions on rewatching the trailer...

I think its Mance on the pyre. They show Rattleshirt when Varys speaks about men of talent taking part in upcoming battle. From Jon, Stannis or Mel's point of view, they kept Mance alive for that very reason.

Ellaria looks cool. In the books she was a peaceful character, the show seems to have mixed her with Arianne/Tyene.

No sign of Sam and Gilly, There are no babies to switch, Balon Greyjoy still rolling on, what will happen to Sam-Oldtown events?

Who are the horseriders in the north-looking region (not Arryn soldiers)?

Jon Snow is fighting someone one-on-one. Who?

Lots and lots of boats in the new season, but no ironborn.

Between the dreaded possibilty of Sansa-Petyr and/or Jon-Melisandre intimate scenes, i can almost forgive Miss Worm taking it to next level.

If Mel is getting her clothes off, I assume that it's either Mance or Jon who'll be the proud father of a shadow baby.

The Queen and the Queen of Thorns are going to have at least one good scene (1:06).

You think her line is said towards Cersei? Now that would be an extremely bold move. I was first thinking she could be threatening LIttlefinger there but even then that's a bit too much on the nose for me. Now Olyvar (for messing with Loras) I can totally see.

If Mel is getting her clothes off, I assume that it's either Mance or Jon who'll be the proud father of a shadow baby.

Hm. After having seen the trailer a few times I actually think she is just going after Stannis once more here. Poor Stannis has turned pretty white haired already.

I'm a bit worried about Margaery. She looks terrified, of what I don't know.

Yeah, I think the Septas a here for a little inspection. Ugh.

Season 5 crackpot: Ellaria isn't replacing Arianne but Darkstar. :rofl:

You think her line is said towards Cersei? Now that would be an extremely bold move. I was first thinking she could be threatening LIttlefinger there but even then that's a bit too much on the nose for me. Now Olyvar (for messing with Loras) I can totally see.

I could see her threatening Littlefinger. They were allies for the Purple Wedding, but if Olenna thinks Littlefinger is hiding Sansa up his sleeve, I'm sure she wouldn't be too happy about that.

I can't help but be a little bit underwhelmed. With the show pretty much forging it's own path now, I have serious doubts about the quality of the show in it's final seasons.

Just one note though - did we see Wun Wun? Knocking on the gates of the Wall?

Archived