Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

BTW, Aemon's death at the Wall might be the official reason why Jon decides to send Sam to Oldtown.

Good one! But will we get Sam and Gilly on a boat?

I hope not. I pretty much like the idea of Jaime going to Dorne with Bronn, it's gonna be both interesting for the plot (Dorne's gonna be awesome) and good for the show (a LOT of fights in the trailer, I guess Dorne is going into war very, very fast), but Jaime having sex with a Sand Snake/Ellaria after he didn't do it with Brienne for Cersei's sake... that's stupid, awful and 100% out of character.

On the contrary, having him crowning Myrcella (or Trystane, as someone's saying he's been merged with Aegon) for revenge with Cersei may be really interesting... from Lannincest to Lannislayer? That'd be fun and still coherent with the character.

Jaime may be seduced though, to further the gap between him and Cersei, for tv purposes.

Interesting question is, will someone lose their head to Aero Hotah and will it be Bronn? It won't be Jaime, for sure.

I don't care what changes they bring to Dany's storyline as long as there is Tyrion in there. In the pit scene, the slavers(?) appears to be attacking Dany, surrounded by Missandei, Jorah, Dario and Grey Worm as well as a few unsullied, I did not spot Tyrion anywhere, but maybe this is the scene they needed a Dinklage double.

ETA: Where is Hizdahr in this scene? in the leaked pics of the pit scene which was all over the web, Hizdahr and Tyrion was with Dany, both wearing yellow robes. Another treason maybe, since we don't have Strong Belwas in the show.

There are several sneaked-photos of what-happens-next in that scene and Tyrion is in one of them.

Crew Dany must have taken position in the Pit when the Sons of the Harpy started an attack and Tyrion was delayed in getting to Dany's group.

Why the attackers have been attacking the crowd is not clear.

The end of this sequence will be one of the biggest (or should be) surprises in the whole series, it was in the book!

I'm more interested in the implications for the show now spoiling the book.....

1. The jab from Varys to Tyrion about "what makes you think it's a man?"....

Either Aegon is a completely unimportant pretender in the books, who is about to die horribly -or-

It was trying to build Aegon's character as a surprise.

Given that we only have 10 episodes, and we've already seen footage of Dinklage with Daeny. well.... yeah... (f)Aegon looks to be a fake in the books, or at least unimportant.

2. Hints that perhaps Sansa's story will be somewhat merged with Lady Stoneheart.

Gives Sansa something to do, and sets her up as a fairly ruthless piece on the board.... Would be an interesting change.... and implies that LSH has some kind of significance too important to cut out, but not important enough that Catelyn needs to be doing it.

3. Jaime in Dorne.... apparently for the Myrcella plot? I can't really think of anything else important actually worth staying in Dorne for, but at the same time I never really saw much point in the Myrcella plot, since it was only a Dornish law...

Darkstar involved? Darkstar actually important?

4. Not so subtle hints that Jon Snow could be in play for the throne.....

Just a nod to the hardcore fans? They do seem to throw a few of those in, if only to toy with people.... but without fleshing out the Lyanna/Rhaegar saga, I feel it would be harder to explain.

5. Olenna has at least one scene.... No idea what she's around for (other than being awesome on the show)

It'll be an interesting season, but mostly because they're deviating so heavily.....

Doesn't really seem like we're getting any of the Ironborne stuff, and hell outside of a really obscure reference to it at Joffrey's wedding, no show watcher would even know Balon had even died.....And certainly nothing to set up a Kingsmoot... or uncles.

I have no idea what the hell Brienne will do all season, with LSH and Jaime both seemingly cut from potential interaction.

1. Agree. Book aegon is going to be Quentyn II. I don't think the show has enough time for Varys to be playing a double game regarding Dany and Aegon. He's out in the show and that means he's not playing a significant role in the book. I am sad.

2. I guess, I never found Sansa leading an army as likely, it seems so out of character, but if it means LSH has a bigger role in the books that they have given to Sansa, I'm all for it, I am 100% Team Stoneheart.

3. No idea. I hate the Martell family and am surprised they're doing so much w/Dorne. It could be turning Trysane into Aegon, but that would be strange.

4. Probably a nod, like the t shirt.

5. Yeah, they like the actress and she is a sort of stand in for the rest of the Tyrell family that don't exist in the books.

Can't imagine they would do the kingsmoot

I guess Brienne will run around with Pod and crack jokes and get into fights until finally getting captured at the end of the season.

At 0:11 and 0:20 I think we see two Hardhome scenes - with Littlefinger speaking "There is no justice in this world" - fits, doesn't it?

and am I the only one here thinking that the more the show leaves the path of the books, the less spoilers from the last two books we will see in the remaining seasons?

I think the stories and fates of the big four (Tyrion, Dany, Arya, Jon) will be pretty similar to the books. I imagine too that Cersei's misgovernment at Kings Landing and Walk of Shame, will be pretty much as they were in AFFC/ADWD. Theon's story will probably be similar to ADWD.

Everything else though, seems to be very fluid. And, clearly, a lot of plotlines from AFFC onwards have been cut out.

I think the original plan was to assassinate Jon during the Hardhome mission but the PL provided a better opportunity. Since it seems like Thorne will be the one to stab Jon, I think the TV show will proceed with the Hardhome mission and Thorne will backstab him in the North, which means the PL might be cut from the show.

I think the stories and fates of the big four (Tyrion, Dany, Arya, Jon) will be pretty similar to the books. I imagine too that Cersei's misgovernment at Kings Landing and Walk of Shame, will be pretty much as they were in AFFC/ADWD. Theon's story will probably be similar to ADWD.

Everything else though, seems to be very fluid. And, clearly, a lot of plotlines from AFFC onwards have been cut out.

I think that finally the same person will sit on the Iron Throne in the books and in the show, but the path which leads to this result might be very different.

I think the original plan was to assassinate Jon during the Hardhome mission but the PL provided a better opportunity. Since it seems like Thorne will be the one to stab Jon, I think the TV show will proceed with the Hardhome mission and Thorne will backstab him in the North, which means the PL might be cut from the show.

It seems much more likely that it will be Thorne and not Marsh who assassinates Jon. I'm not too happy with it, because it will look much more like revenge and less like duty, which was the predominant motive of Marsh.

The more I watch the trailer, the more I'm convinced Sansa and Petyr are going to make the Vale join the war against Lannisters.... meaning that Stannis, Starks, Arryns and Martells are going to fight on the same side... completely non-canon, but still I'd like something like that.

Yet

It is rather early to say it is non-canon when we haven't read WOW. Sansa has very little left to do in AFFC/ADWD. It would hardly be surprising if they moved into her future storyline.

Fingers crossed for this season. They have cut out the right storylines IMO (except Manderly) but in terms of writing this will be their greatest challenge as so much will need to be changed or invented.

It seems much more likely that it will be Thorne and not Marsh who assassinates Jon. I'm not to happy with it, because it will look much more like revenge and less like duty, which was the predominant motive of Marsh.

I disagree. That has nothing to do with duty.

Is that a lemon tree in the background at 0.29?

PS. Hiy'all.

Welcome to the boards.

I'm in the dark about Sansa's storyline this season, but King Tommen gave some interesting speculation over at WOTW. The scene with her in the bathtub is the same as the shot of the hand gripping the side, IMO.

Regarding Marge, I think she could be gripping anyone from Cersei to Tommen to a gold cloak. It appears someone just broke the news about

Loras getting arrested

and it's broken her.

Also, I believe that Mance is just going to get burned, without a switcheroo. Rattleshirt is at Hardhome, and Tormund is at CB (and much more popular a character).

I'm also not unhappy at all that they're deviating from the books. This means I can watch the show, and then read the books in x number of years without being spoiled.

I disagree. That has nothing to do with duty.

Marsh saw it as duty. Changing it to Thorne being bitter about Jon being LC removes a lot of the moral complexity.

Anyway, is there any good place to see show only discussion on the trailer? I always love seeing show only people speculating but the Unsullied don't watch trailers.

Welcome to the boards.

I'm in the dark about Sansa's storyline this season, but King Tommen gave some interesting speculation over at WOTW. The scene with her in the bathtub is the same as the shot of the hand gripping the side, IMO.

Regarding Marge, I think she could be gripping anyone from Cersei to Tommen to a gold cloak. It appears someone just broke the news about

Loras getting arrested

and it's broken her.

Also, I believe that Mance is just going to get burned, without a switcheroo. Rattleshirt is at Hardhome, and Tormund is at CB (and much more popular a character).

I'm also not unhappy at all that they're deviating from the books. This means I can watch the show, and then read the books in x number of years without being spoiled.

Or it could be that Marg is upset about:

Loras got (fatally) burned at the siege of Dragonstone

I was sceptical first (and even thought they might use Tormund instead) but now that I saw Rattleshirt in the trailer:

they might capture him at hardhome and then sacrifice him glamoured as Mance.

Possibilities?

ETA: Tormund is indeed a popular character, but Mance is also very sympathetic in the show.

Or it could be that Marg is upset about:

Loras got (fatally) burned at the siege of Dragonstone

I was sceptical first (and even thought they might use Tormund instead) but now that I saw Rattleshirt in the trailer:

they might capture him at hardhome sacrifice him glamoured as Mance.

Possibilities?

There is speculation that

Loras gets arrested, based on pictures from the set, as well as Hardhome happening in episode 8 based on leaked info

so yes, the glamouring switcheroo might still happen, but it'd be late in the season. I'm doubtful about it.

:dunno:

I feel like the QOT was directing her speech to Cersei. With the bit about "They'll never even find what's left of you", and knowing that Cersei's walk of shame is coming up in this season...I just cannot wait to watch Cersei get taken off her golden throne, if only for a few moments. I don't need to spoiler that part, do I? It's been plastered all over for months!

Is Theon doing anything important? We see him for like a split second...

Does anybody else feel like they are going to run completely out of source material by about episode 8? I'm thinking Season 6 will be completely new to all of us, unless we get TWOW by April 2016.

I wish there was a way to get captioning on my screen. The music is so distracting and I'm trying to listen to what the characters are saying, dang it!

I feel like the QOT was directing her speech to Cersei. With the bit about "They'll never even find what's left of you", and knowing that Cersei's walk of shame is coming up in this season...I just cannot wait to watch Cersei get taken off her golden throne, if only for a few moments. I don't need to spoiler that part, do I? It's been plastered all over for months!

Is Theon doing anything important? We see him for like a split second...

Does anybody else feel like they are going to run completely out of source material by about episode 8? I'm thinking Season 6 will be completely new to all of us, unless we get TWOW by April 2016.

I wish there was a way to get captioning on my screen. The music is so distracting and I'm trying to listen to what the characters are saying, dang it!

Re: the bolded part, I've seen a bit of speculation on different sites, and a lot of people think this. It could be after

Marge's arrest

<-- I don't know whether this thread calls for spoiler tags, so just in case B)

I also think she could be talking to Loras, because he does something to get himself into trouble, right?

Or it could be someone new....Olenna's interacted with so few people, it'd be nice for a new pairing. :)

Is it going to be Dany?

You know, I could make a lot of money if I could answer this question with certainty.

totally agree on this.

Marsh saw it as duty. Changing it to Thorne being bitter about Jon being LC removes a lot of the moral complexity.

That's exactly what i meant.

From Marsh's perspective Jon acted against the interest of the Watch, leaving it in a weak position against the wildlings (which were the only foes Marsh ever knew in his long term of service) AND finally he openly broke the Watch's rule of non-interference in matters of the realm. For Marsh it was a duty to the Watch to remove Jon (with "tears running down his cheeks").

sorry for beeing a little bit off-topic.

I'm more interested in the implications for the show now spoiling the book.....

1. The jab from Varys to Tyrion about "what makes you think it's a man?"....

Either Aegon is a completely unimportant pretender in the books, who is about to die horribly -or-

It was trying to build Aegon's character as a surprise.

Given that we only have 10 episodes, and we've already seen footage of Dinklage with Daeny. well.... yeah... (f)Aegon looks to be a fake in the books, or at least unimportant.

2. Hints that perhaps Sansa's story will be somewhat merged with Lady Stoneheart.

Gives Sansa something to do, and sets her up as a fairly ruthless piece on the board.... Would be an interesting change.... and implies that LSH has some kind of significance too important to cut out, but not important enough that Catelyn needs to be doing it.

3. Jaime in Dorne.... apparently for the Myrcella plot? I can't really think of anything else important actually worth staying in Dorne for, but at the same time I never really saw much point in the Myrcella plot, since it was only a Dornish law...

Darkstar involved? Darkstar actually important?

4. Not so subtle hints that Jon Snow could be in play for the throne.....

Just a nod to the hardcore fans? They do seem to throw a few of those in, if only to toy with people.... but without fleshing out the Lyanna/Rhaegar saga, I feel it would be harder to explain.

5. Olenna has at least one scene.... No idea what she's around for (other than being awesome on the show)

It'll be an interesting season, but mostly because they're deviating so heavily.....

Doesn't really seem like we're getting any of the Ironborne stuff, and hell outside of a really obscure reference to it at Joffrey's wedding, no show watcher would even know Balon had even died.....And certainly nothing to set up a Kingsmoot... or uncles.

I have no idea what the hell Brienne will do all season, with LSH and Jaime both seemingly cut from potential interaction.

1. yeah, I think it's pretty clear.

2. I also have that theory, which leads to Brienne when you wonder what she would do this season. If Sansa is being merged with LSH's storyline then what happens between Brienne&LSH will happen with Sansa. Say Sansa wants vengeance and asks Brienne to get Jaime, so she captures Brienne. If Brienne summons Jaime, he'll come running... Idt we'll get much Brienne this season though.

3. imo the Jaime goes to Dorne thing is totally made up crap to give NCW work and maybe tie some relevant plot.

4. yeah well, we kinda knew already :P

5. who knows. they probably just like the character.

Archived