Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

Varys' words are pretty insane!

Varys: "The Seven Kingdoms needs a ruler loved by millions with a powerful army and the right family name."

Tyrion: "Good luck finding him."

Varys: "Who said anything about HIM?"

Do you think they merged Varys and Illyrio's storylines? It would explain why Varys reached Essos, instead of remaining in King's Landing. And what about "Aegon", if Varys clearly supports Daenerys?

Varys' words are pretty insane!

Varys: "The Seven Kingdoms needs a ruler loved by millions with a powerful army and the right family name."

Tyrion: "Good luck finding him."

Varys: "Who said anything about HIM?"

Do you think they merged Varys and Illyrio's storylines? It would explain why Varys reached Essos, instead of remaining in King's Landing. And what about "Aegon", if Varys clearly supports Daenerys?

That means the story has been severely streamlined and he's probably been cut. Unfortunately.

There's the possibility that he's misleading Tyrion, but my brain is too tired now to figure out why and how that could work.

:blink:

Didn't like the BG song. Jon Snow as IT claimant? Sansa in a bath tub? I am curious towards what they do to Sansa, with LF telling her to 'avenge them'(her family?). With the Justice theme, maybe Sansa storyline is merged with Stoneheart's.

And I wonder who is Melisandre's latest sex victim, Anyone but Jon, please. Anyone but Jon.

I think they really cut Aegon, but that storyline can still happen. In the books too, neither Varys nor Illyrio tells Tyrion about Aegon.

The bloodied finger part is from the flashback with Maggi the frog, I guess. Is that young Cersei?

Not eager about the Dorne storyline, except if Jaime is taking Arys Oakhart's role, will he meet the same fate by Aero? (If he gets killed by LSH & Co. in WoW)

I don't care what changes they bring to Dany's storyline as long as there is Tyrion in there. In the pit scene, the slavers(?) appears to be attacking Dany, surrounded by Missandei, Jorah, Dario and Grey Worm as well as a few unsullied, I did not spot Tyrion anywhere, but maybe this is the scene they needed a Dinklage double.
ETA: Where is Hizdahr in this scene? in the leaked pics of the pit scene which was all over the web, Hizdahr and Tyrion was with Dany, both wearing yellow robes. Another treason maybe, since we don't have Strong Belwas in the show.

It seems they will build some interesting relationship between Margaery and Tommen. After the trailer, I am eager for the Tyrell and Arya storylines most.

The guy with the battle planning table could be Stannis, but did Jon lead any battles after Stannis defeated Mance? I don't recall, but maybe they are fighting the weeper ?

They are cutting and changing a lot at this point, going more and more away from the books, my only problem with it is that we won't see some awesome characters and storys on screen. I don't understand that Grey Worm love story thing, you cut out Greyjoy's, Martells ,Aegon, LS and so on but give time to some bs love story? Now that is lame... Still show is a show ,book is a book, It will probably be good and good watch, just sad we wont see some epic people.

Looks really good to me. I was hoping they'd cut off that mummer's dragon and concentrated on the main characters instead. The falling statue of the Harpy got me excited because it's a sign they'll do the whole Sons of the Harpy -storyline and have some depth in Dany's story in Mereen. (Season 4 had me worried since they had her do nothing there.) I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they will go further than the books. I take the falling Harpy as an indication of that.

And Arya in Braavos, Sansa becoming a player, Jaime in Dorne, Tyrion in Mereen... I have to say I'm really excited for this season.

They are cutting and changing a lot at this point, going more and more away from the books, my only problem with it is that we won't see some awesome characters and storys on screen

I find this line of criticism silly since GRRM himself is unable to finish his story. The show has to do the work his editor failed to do and actually finish this.

1:43 you have Dany, Missandei, Daario and a 4th person in the middle of the Fighting Pit.

Anyone think the 4th looks like Ser Jorah?

http://imgur.com/sH2YuJ8

Edit: Might be Barristan, but the hair looks too dark

I think its Jorah, because of these pics from the set: http://commdiginews.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/got-johar.jpg

There was no Barristan Selmy spotted in any of the pics available from Daznak Pit scene. Eg: see http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/closeup.jpg Barristan should be there guarding Dany, but he isn't. I wonder where Hizdahr and Tyrion went, leaving Dany to the Ghiscari.

I loved it, and I for one am pumped. They're going to cut what they cut and I will spend my hour every week enjoying this season regardless. I was disappointed in the screen versions of many things I grew up reading but still found away to enjoy them.

I look for the good, and I find the good.(that goes for all things)

Some of those fight scenes look pretty intense. Arya is still there. Wouldn't have thought to ever see hard home. Varys is such a great character.

Plus when we see a trailer for a show of HBOs they only typically show you clips from early in the season.

Looks really good to me. I was hoping they'd cut off that mummer's dragon and concentrated on the main characters instead. The falling statue of the Harpy got me excited because it's a sign they'll do the whole Sons of the Harpy -storyline and have some depth in Dany's story in Mereen. (Season 4 had me worried since they had her do nothing there.) I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that they will go further than the books. I take the falling Harpy as an indication of that.

And Arya in Braavos, Sansa becoming a player, Jaime in Dorne, Tyrion in Mereen... I have to say I'm really excited for this season.

I find this line of criticism silly since GRRM himself is unable to finish his story. The show has to do the work his editor failed to do and actually finish this.

Yes,because they have only 2 more book material...So basicly they need to cut in order to have more...That's not silly at all, if they dont make 1 character act as 10 different ones maybe they wouldn't need to hurry up.

Archived