Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

What? Why wouldn't be happy about that? She liked Sansa, why would she want to harm her?

I think you misunderstood my post. Sansa is a powerful chess piece and is "the key to the North." Littlefinger and the Tyrells were allies in the Purple Wedding, but I don't think Littlefinger acquiring Sansa was ever part of the deal. After all, the Tyrells originally made a play for Sansa before Littlefinger managed to thwart it. If Olenna suspects that Littlefinger is holding Sansa at the Vale with the purpose to gain more power, she may perceive that as a threat.

Cant. Gotta devote more time to some tedious shit like Missandei and Grey Worm.

The two are hardly equitable in terms of time that the Greyjoys would have required in the show, and how much time they will give Missandei and Grey Worm in the show. Added up, this storyline probably won't have more than 5-10 minutes of film time over the entire season.

Doesn't Missandei's brother die in the book? Maybe they replace that with Grey Worm in the show. I've got no complaint with the inclusion of a romance between the two of them whatsoever, and let's see where this goes first before tearing it to shreds. Whereas Dany is completely separated from all the other main characters, I think its worth giving more development to the characters in her storyline.

This.

Especially the second 2 parts.

Critical point for me was the 'But we are not men' invented line. At that point in the books, she was genuinely afraid for what lay ahead for those who joined her (at that moment Missandei specifically) They want for stoic wooden 'Badass Gurl Powah' instead and stripped tvDany of emotional nuance thereafter.

Great example. It's a perfect illustration of the lack of depth in her character in contrast to the books. ("Yes, all men must die, but not for a long while we may pray" vs "Yes, all men must die, but we are not men" ... which doesn't even make sense; nor does it convey that Dany understands Valyrian, which is one of its purposes in the book.)

Great response, but the blank stare was my favorite part. Perfectly worded.

Haha thank you.

I understand that Dany is supposed to be hiding her emotions from her court, but that doesn't exactly work out if the audience aren't given scenes where she can express her emotions. And it certainly doesn't work out if Clarke isn't turning in good performances.

How do we know how much screen time she has?

we don't know how much screentime she has. we're just guessing she'll have more screentime than she did in the books because she's an extremely extremely minor character in the books that was already made more important in the show in season 4 by casting indira varma (who's one of the more high-profile actors on the show)

We know she has a scene with Doran and Areo early in the season (501 or 502?) probably corresponding with Areo's first chapter, scenes with the Sand Snakes in ep. 504 and a scene with Jaime, Doran, Trystane, Myrcella and co. in 509. I imagine she'll also have scenes in the time between 504 and 509 as well (because, you know, she's Indira Varma and she ought to be given SOMETHING to do). So, I'd say she gets a fair amount of screentime. Probably more than the Snakes do.

Kidding, right? Yeah because they require the same amount of screen time.

I was using them as one of a few examples they have that require undue time on their programming.

The other part would be that instead of giving us a full hour of time, they give us sometimes 48 minute shows, all because HBO now knows this show is where they can devote time in the begining to promoting all their other programs as lots of people will be watching.

Not to mention the recaps of the last week and the longer opening theme.

Here is a good breakdown of the trailer: http://winteriscoming.net/2015/01/31/game-thrones-season-5-trailer-gif-breakdown/

I had assumed the two girls in the forest are Sansa and Margaery, but from the link, I now think its more likely Cersei and Melara.

Lady Olenna warning someone: People have suggested Olyvar, LF, Margaery etc. The silhoutte does look like a man, and Lady Olenna is unlikely to visit brothels. So Marg and Olyvar is less likely. I think it could be either Cersei(she wears her hair up) or Loras. What if we get some insider info of what happened at dragonstone (grandTyrell conspiracy) ?

Archived