Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

Well, I found the trailer sort of confusing, but it did get me excited. I've read the books only once a few years back, I haven't been in the fandom since Season 4 ended, so, for me, a fan lite, watching the trailer was like a call to arms. A call to resume my favourite spring activity of the last few years (thinking and talking about ASOIAF).

I think the problem with show-Dany is a mix of mediocre acting, mediocre writing, and bad directing.

This.

Especially the second 2 parts.

Critical point for me was the 'But we are not men' invented line. At that point in the books, she was genuinely afraid for what lay ahead for those who joined her (at that moment Missandei specifically) They want for stoic wooden 'Badass Gurl Powah' instead and stripped tvDany of emotional nuance thereafter.

This.

Especially the second 2 parts.

Critical point for me was the 'But we are not men' invented line. At that point in the books, she was genuinely afraid for what lay ahead for those who joined her (at that moment Missandei specifically) They want for stoic wooden 'Badass Gurl Powah' instead and stripped tvDany of emotional nuance thereafter.

But a totally different actress when speaking High Valyrian, even when it just conversational.

He might treat with the Dornish, maybe wrap up some trailing arcs such as Quentin?

Well, he is definatly going to Mereen, but he could stop off on the way...

I think they filmed Dorne and Mereen in the same location.

Why should Tyrion be in the same place as Jaime? I think it would only make things harder to understand for the show watcher and useless by means of the story... Tyrion is not meant to be found, placing him in a castle with the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, his followers and a bunch of Lannister army won't be the smartest idea ever, IMHO.

Anyway, they filmed Dorne in a completely new location in Spain, so I guess it wasn't the same they used for Meereen.... not sure about Pentos, though.

Even I don't like show-Dany, but I don't think the problem completely lies with Clarke

I think the problem with show-Dany is a mix of mediocre acting, mediocre writing, and bad directing.

Dany is probably the hardest character to portray on this show (and in the books, to be fair).

:agree:

If it were not for the age of Dean-Charles Chapman, we could be talking and speculating about a possible blowjob hahahahaha

http://winteriscomin...er-Margaery.gif

Is HBO, and the actor is 17 years old. I have heard that in England you can shoot some erotic scenes, but we all know what happened in Season 4. Apparently the actress had to intervene in the famous scene of seduction with Tommen. I do not know how an actress can interfere in a script.

Look at the angle of his arms, her head is clearly against his chest. Woman's head below mans neck≠ oral sex, even if it is HBO

I saw this trailer at Imax yesterday. I really didn't care for the song but it got me excited for the next season anyway. I just have to wonder who Mel is taking her clothes off for....I really hope it's not Jon. But the thing that really has be intrigued in Olenna and who she is talking to. Can't wait for next season!

He just learned that word/phrase, larastone. It's like the question mark to him. He's experimenting with it.

(If he learned "hate-watcher" from my own use of it, which I like to think I invoke quite a bit more carefully, then I apologise for potentially creating a monster).

I saw this trailer at Imax yesterday. I really didn't care for the song but it got me excited for the next season anyway. I just have to wonder who Mel is taking her clothes off for....I really hope it's not Jon. But the thing that really has be intrigued in Olenna and who she is talking to. Can't wait for next season!

She's taking her clothes off for Gilly... Jk. And I think Olenna is talking to Littlefinger since the setting she is in looks like the brothel. There is no way in seven hells Cersei would ever step into the brothel.

She's taking her clothes off for Gilly... Jk. And I think Olenna is talking to Littlefinger since the setting she is in looks like the brothel. There is no way in seven hells Cersei would ever step into the brothel.

Or Olyvar. He was instrumental in helping the Lannisters marry Tyrion to Sansa before Loras could marry her. I assumed Lady Olenna is still in King's Landing, and Littlefinger is in the Vale. Why would they be close enough to have a conversation? Where would they be?

Or Olyvar. He was instrumental in helping the Lannisters marry Tyrion to Sansa before Loras could marry her. I assumed Lady Olenna is still in King's Landing, and Littlefinger is in the Vale. Why would they be close enough to have a conversation? Where would they be?

There are pictures of Littlefinger in Dubrovnik, Croatia filming for Season 5. So he is returning to King's Landing at least for a little bit. Probably to find out how Cersei is creating a spiral downfall for herself.

based on the trailer, here are my show predictions.

Brienne will die, (based on Cersei's voiceover) and Jaime will outlive her in the series (0:07)

The armies of the Vale, will enter the Riverlands (The Baelish master plan, will happen earlier).

Dorne's relation with the Iron Throne will further deteriorate into war by the end of the seaon (0:53).

Jaime will go to Dorne, presumably against the wishes of Doran Martell for the sake of Myrcella.

The Arys and Arrianne storyline will become a Sand Snake and Jaime storyline (I just might eat my hat if he does something else rediculously out of character like killing a distant relative for a chance to escape)

Jon is going to have his own funeral pyre scene (0:58)

The Queen and the Queen of Thorns are going to have at least one good scene (1:06).

The Faith Militant are going to be even more of a problem.

Missandei and Greyworm are going to have a scene that no one wants much less needs to see

Melisandre is going to make a shadowbaby.

Ellaria and Doran are going to have problems (1:38)

Podrick and Brienne will be on the run for reasons so far unimaginable (1:41).

The Sons of the Harpy will be even bolder (1.43) and a massacre will happen at Daznak's Pit before Drogon arrives. I think the Harpy will be unmasked at the end, and Dany will most likely not fly away from Mereen for the sake of simplifying the plot.

By season six, Dany will finally move West with the support of Team Varys.

Let me know if I left out any likely changes and\or spoilers

The voiceover at the beginning is Brienne.

I don't think it's Jon on the pyre. I think it's Aemon but it's hard to tell.

The wildling scenes appear to be either Hardhome or maybe they've taken over one of the castles on the wall (or both).

Lady Olenna is probably talking with Margery in that scene. Although, the silhouette actually looks more like a man.

Also,

It looks like Ellaria will have a greater role than in the books. :thumbsup:

I like how "you could help another climb those steps and take that seat" is immediately followed by a shot of Jon Snow. (0:38)

The setting for the conversation between Tyrion and Varys look like Illyro's mance.

I don't see Kevan anywhere in the wedding scene between Margery and Tommen. I don't think he's there in the books, but you might expect him to be there.

I had asked this question in another thread but was wondering. How early do you think we will get the LC election & the beheading?

My guess:

- LC election in episode 2

- beheading in episode 3 or 4

- Hardhome stand-in: 8

- Ides of Marsh: 10

That dragon we saw, was that drogon ? it didn't look like the other two, and what does that mean for Quentyn, will he be added to the show, or will somebody else get burned alive ?

I don't think that was Drogon. First of all, the dragon was surrounded by darkness, which Drogon never is at any point in AFFC/ADWD, secondly, the scales had a sort of greenish glimmer to them (Drogon's have more of a red shine).

He just learned that word/phrase, larastone. It's like the question mark to him. He's experimenting with it.

(If he learned "hate-watcher" from my own use of it, which I like to think I invoke quite a bit more carefully, then I apologise for potentially creating a monster).

You crack me up, Konradsmith :lmao:

Archived