Jon's "Resurrection"

Fire Eater

this made me laugh.

this whole post is one of my all time favourite posts on this website, well done lol

Thanks I am glad you liked it, sometimes you get on google and you just don't know what you will learn. Started with house Waynwood and a broken wheel with 8 spokes and followed my nose.

Hmmmm, you know I just wrote something in R+L=J about resurrection, not so much about Jon but there is an association there. It's pretty much drowning in symbolism and religion. But some interesting things. But be warned it is based off of numerology and the Tower of Joy. It's pretty complex and you have to have a good understanding of symbolism and religion. I am not religious, but... Just here. It's about the number 8.

snip

Just to put this out there for those who are familiar with my astronomy ideas...

The idea of there being a second moon in the distant past, per the Qarthine legend of the origin of dragons coming from a cracking moon, means that there used to eight planetary wanderers. In the real world, the seven wanderers is a well know concept, all over the world - they are the 5 planets visible form earth (not counting earth), the sun, and the moon. They are wanderers because they do not move with the backdrop of stars (and the planets appear to be stars from earth of course).  

Two moons means eight wanderers. My theory is that it was a comet striking the moon which cracked it like an egg - during the story of Lightbringer's forging, Nissa Nissa has a cry of anguish and ecstasy which leaves a crack across the face of the moon, so I have connected the two stories. Lightbringer is the comet, Nissa Nissa is the moon, and Azor Ahai the sun who is seen to "thrust" the comet sword into the moon's heart. So, the 7 = 1 math seems to fit very nicely here. Furthermore, George has used a lot of Ishtar mythology and symbolism to create Daenerys, Nissa Nissa, and the second moon concept (long explanation required), and Ishtar is associated with the number 8. And sphinxes, for what its worth. Her idols are gold with amethyst gemstone eyes. This is relevant because I think the Bloodstone Emperor / Amethyst Empress story is another version of AA and NN. Daenerys is also said to have eyes like amethysts by Euron Crows eye. The Am Empress was the 8th ruler of the Great Empire of the Dawn, and she was killed during the Long Night just like Nissa Nissa. 

The ninth wanderer is the comet, which cast down the eighth wanderer, the second moon. The Bloodstone Emperor is the ninth ruler, who cast down the eighth. Ned is associated with the number nine because the crown of the King in the North (and the Kings of Winter before them) wore a crown of nine iron swords. Yes, Ned wasn't KitN, but symbolically, the head Stark represents the KitN, or the KoW more accurately. 

Arhtur Dayne is associated with the number 8, sort of. The idea of a white bull being sacrificed at the birth of a saviour is a direct nod to Mithras slaying the white bull to be reborn. The white bull becomes the moon. So he's at least associated with a dying moon... Lyanna was a moon maiden as well, the mother of Lightbringer Jon Snow (per Schmendrick's well known essay). So any way you slice it, 8's and moons were slaughtered at the ToJ by the ninth wanderer. Ned's sword has also been used to symbolize Lightbringer in many metaphors (according to theory, of course). 

The three represents the three heads of the dragon, which I have interpreted as referring to three large meteors coming from our destroyed moon. Its a parallel to Dany, a moon maiden, burning herself in her sun king Drogo's pyre (think of the moon cracking from the sun's heat in the one story), and birthing three dragons. The moon burned in the sun's fire (his comet being an extension of his fire, a fiery sword), and gave birth to three flaming meteors, which are equivalent to dragons. 

Hopefully that makes a bit of sense to some people; it's hard to quickly summarize my ideas sometimes. But your pointing out of the numerology at the ToJ reminded me of the pattern. Jon, symbolizing Lightbringer, being one of the three to walk away fits with the idea of the flaming meters birthed by the moon also representing Lightbringe (which I think they do). 

Archived