R+L=J v.132

BearQueen87

You're jumping to a really big conclusion without any evidence. Yes, Jojen knows how he will die but he never expresses how that will take place. I mean, the show had him blown up by a COTF hand bomb or something equally stupid. But Jojen has never given any indication that he knows his death is by direwolf.

As to Jon eating Jojen....I don't think so. I don't think Jon is going to get that far up north. While he's in Ghost, I think he'll realize (through his connection with Summer) that Bran is held up in the cave with BR and he'll set out to save his brother--much like Jon was going to set out to save Arya from Ramsey. But on his way there he will realize that he's choosing love over duty once more and that it didn't exactly end well the first time. One of Jon's personal arcs and conflicts is the continued struggle of love vs duty. Jon-As-Ghost will realize that he must go back and fulfill his duty as LC/leader of the NW during the War.

That's a misconception, Jojen was killed by a Wight, Leaf blew his body up so he would not rise.

Oh just a heads up for those of you that do watch the show, tonight is the HBO special "A day in the life, Game of thrones season 5." If you like seeing how the show is made and you will get some new scenes, also it seems Jon will in fact be at Hardhome, which seems supported in the trailer, and something else is there.

I have been wondering if Jon actually gets stabbed this season, seems odd given we will know the casting details and people take pics of the filming all the time. It's not much of a cliffhanger even for the unsullied. But I do think this and it may be a clue to the books, Jon gets injured while north of the wall, cause that is where the fishing villiage is and Baba Yaga.

That's a misconception, Jojen was killed by a Wight, Leaf blew his body up so he would not rise.

Oh just a heads up for those of you that do watch the show, tonight is the HBO special "A day in the life, Game of thrones season 5." If you like seeing how the show is made and you will get some new scenes, also it seems Jon will in fact be at Hardhome, which seems supported in the trailer, and something else is there.

I have been wondering if Jon actually gets stabbed this season, seems odd given we will know the casting details and people take pics of the filming all the time. It's not much of a cliffhanger even for the unsullied. But I do think this and it may be a clue to the books, Jon gets injured while north of the wall, cause that is where the fishing villiage is and Baba Yaga.

What is this "something else" you speak of? :drool:

What time does it come on, because it is "Walking Dead" night.

...so something equally silly (the silly being the fact that the COTF have hand bombs)

What is this "something else" you speak of? :drool:

What time does it come on, because it is "Walking Dead" night.

Well 1. there is always on demand so it's all gravy baby and 2. There is something in the mist in one of the scenes in the trailer, something scary, something cloaked.

...so something equally silly (the silly being the fact that the COTF have hand bombs)

Yeah it seemed a little odd, the special effects in that scene and the editing were just fucking bad. The thing with Jojen laying there was really bad. However it may make more sense than you think.

Eh, no sillier than about 90% of the magical things that happen in this series.

Magic is not silly, it's real, when I was kind I saw this guy, I think he was like a wizard or someting, he could make birds appear, saw people in half and reunite them and even pulled a fucking rabbit out of his hat. So how you going to tell me magic is not real?

Here real magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRcp8FccfM

What do think this stuff is done with slight of hand, or camera tricks and editing? No, totally real. Just cause you don't have the magic in you does not mean you have to be all jelly about it. It's presto magic and that is all there is to it. That video is all about the abracadabra. It's real damn it, I bet you think Santa is fake too?

Well 1. there is always on demand so it's all gravy baby and 2. There is something in the mist in one of the scenes in the trailer, something scary, something cloaked.

1.) Have to watch WD in real time, because I can't miss Talking Dead either. :laugh:

2.) Whats in the mist? :stunned:

1.) Have to watch WD in real time, because I can't miss Talking Dead either. :laugh:

2.) Whats in the mist? :stunned:

Don't know, you can only see an outline, like I said it's in the trailer and you can only see it for a second but it suddenly appear. I think it's an Other. Also on the special we see the final shot of Jon looking up at something big. Maybe we get Wun Wun. Don't see what he is looking up at and Kit looks up at everyone so could be anything.

We have seen Varamyr after his death.. Summer encounters the wolves beyond the Wall.

Varamyr has been dead for some time now already, and the longer he remains in the wolf, the more he becomes a wolf, and stops being human of mind.

So whether Varamyr will be capable to influence Bran or Jon..? I don't feel that it is very likely... At least not in the sense that Varamyr the human will be fully aware of what he is doing.

Could he influence them as a wolf, due to animal instincts? Possible.. wolves do hunt.. ;)

Yep, One-Eye/Varamyr is a member of Summer's Pack now...

I believe that we will learn that Varamyr was powerful enough to keep himself from fading away into the wolf... Varamyr was also uncertain of the rules of one's 2nd life... He knew what Haggon had told him, but Varamyr was not certain that would be the way it really is.

It is a pet theory, I admit, but I'm trying to figure out two things:

• How is Jon corrupted
  • How will Jon gain the warging knowledge required to bind entire armies to his will, just as the Night's King did.

--

There is just no reason for GRRM to have given us the extensive & detail rich backstory of Varamyr, if Varamyr's impact on the story ends in the ADWDs Prologue... That Prologue is HUGE & it is all about a character who is about to exit the stage for good... Nope, in my opinion, that does not pass the smell test, GRRM is not finished with this character (in my opinion)...

There is just no reason for GRRM to have given us the extensive & detail rich backstory of Varamyr, if Varamyr's impact on the story ends in the ADWDs Prologue... That Prologue is HUGE & it is all about a character who is about to exit the stage for good... Nope, in my opinion, that does not pass the smell test, GRRM is not finished with this character (in my opinion)...

Martin gives us extensive and colorful backstories for a lot of minorish characters. It's one of the things he's really good at, making even the lesser characters feel real. That Varamyr's backstory comes just before his death doesn't really suggest he has a further part to play in the story. Do you also expect Chett to return?

I think the point of that prologue was to establish that what Bran was doing to Hodor is an abomination, and establish the idea of a "second life" for when Jon dies.

Martin gives us extensive and colorful backstories for a lot of minorish characters. It's one of the things he's really good at, making even the lesser characters feel real. That Varamyr's backstory comes just before his death doesn't really suggest he has a further part to play in the story. Do you also expect Chett to return?

I think the point of that prologue was to establish that what Bran was doing to Hodor is an abomination, and establish the idea of a "second life" for when Jon dies.

I feel like Chett got about 1/20th the backstory that Varamyr received... Seriously, Varamyr's Prologue, if it were a chapter, would probably be one of the longer chapters in the series...

But no, I do not see Chett impacting the plot from hence forth, I'm still not counting varamyr out... He was the most power of all the Wargs, or so he believed... I not so sure that GRRM is finished with Varamyr-six-skins...

I feel like Chett got about 1/20th the backstory that Varamyr received... Seriously, Varamyr's Prologue, if it were a chapter, would probably be one of the longer chapters in the series...

But no, I do not see Chett impacting the plot from hence forth, I'm still not counting varamyr out... He was the most power of all the Wargs, or so he believed... I not so sure that GRRM is finished with Varamyr-six-skins...

Cersei believes she's one of the best politicians...

Yep, One-Eye/Varamyr is a member of Summer's Pack now...

I believe that we will learn that Varamyr was powerful enough to keep himself from fading away into the wolf... Varamyr was also uncertain of the rules of one's 2nd life... He knew what Haggon had told him, but Varamyr was not certain that would be the way it really is.

It is a pet theory, I admit, but I'm trying to figure out two things:

• How is Jon corrupted
  • How will Jon gain the warging knowledge required to bind entire armies to his will, just as the Night's King did.
--

While I am unsure what will come from it, I do agree that Varamyr as One Eye has some significance to the story. If GRRM wanted to end Varamyr's story at the prologue he would not have One Eye becoming part of Summer's pack and sticking close by Bran's new home.

This makes me think of Pate's prologue and death where he is used to advance the story later on at the Citadel and is still part of the Oldtown story arc.

So I will keep an eye out for ol' One Eye/Varamyr in Winds of Winter to play some role even though I am leaving an open mind to what the significance will be.

While I am unsure what will come from it, I do agree that Varamyr as One Eye has some significance to the story. If GRRM wanted to end Varamyr's story at the prologue he would not have One Eye becoming part of Summer's pack and sticking close by Bran's new home.

This makes me think of Pate's prologue and death where he is used to advance the story later on at the Citadel and is still part of the Oldtown story arc.

So I will keep an eye out for ol' One Eye/Varamyr in Winds of Winter to play some role even though I am leaving an open mind to what the significance will be.

Given how powerful Varamyr is, I would peg him as a future teacher for Bran. BR can teach Bran much, but Varamyr seems to be super elevated in terms of skinchanging abilities.

I guess I'd have to do some wordmath to confirm what you're saying. In any event Varamrys prologue was as much about establishing rules for skinchanging as it was about explaining where Varamyr came from (and of course lettings us know that presumably at one point he actually went around calling himself "Varamyr Foreskins")

Oh wait I have an idea.

Ok so according to the audiobooks, and I realize this is not an exact comparison but hey it's easy, Chett's prolouge is three minutes longer than Varamyrs.

I guess I'd have to do some wordmath to confirm what you're saying. In any event Varamrys prologue was as much about establishing rules for skinchanging as it was about explaining where Varamyr came from (and of course lettings us know that presumably at one point he actually went around calling himself "Varamyr Foreskins")

Oh wait I have an idea.

Ok so according to the audiobooks, and I realize this is not an exact comparison but hey it's easy, Chett's prolouge is three minutes longer than Varamyrs.

Chett: 6,580

Varamyr: 6,075

The longest chapter in the entire series thus far is the prologue in ACOK. It has 10,128 words. And there are many, many more chapters longer than Varamyr's.

Chett's is most definitely longer than Varamyr's. ATS is full of shit, as usual.

Chett: 6,580

Varamyr: 6,075

Chett's is most definitely longer. ATS is full of shit, as usual.

But guys. Chett's storyline clearly sets us up for the imminent betrayal of Lord Commander Snow!!! (Actually, I would agree, if Mormont's ending didn't do that perfectly well). And without the betrayal, Jon can't warg Hodor!!!

The longest chapter in the entire series thus far is the prologue in ACOK. It has 10,128 words. And there are many, many more chapters longer than Varamyr's.

Damn. I knew it was long but...damn.

Archived