Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Who could the new Hand be?

Kevan or Mace are I suppose the likely established characters. Kevan is closer at hand sooner. Pycelle or Qyburn as (very) outside candidates?

It's not Jaime or Cersei herself, as they speak with the new Hand.

A new character, a joke minor lord like Orton Merryweather earmarked for early failure, flight or death?

Just possibly the High Septon??

If it were that late in the game, there'd be time for Varys to return and dispatch Kevan and Pycelle (but if not Varys, it occurs to me, perhaps the Dornish might stand in?) and for Mace to return from Braavos, so it's probably him! Probably too much to hope for the hand-throne, which is the kind of detail the show often dismisses as a bit weird and silly.

I'm really hoping that Varys takes out Kevan himself, like the book. Though I don't care if Pycelle is jettisoned. I'd prefer if it were after having seen Varys in Meereen with Tyrion at the beginning of the episode and I'd prefer episode 2 or 3.

I'm hoping that it isn't:

- Someone Varys sends
- Littlefinger
- Someone Littlefinger sends
- One of the Sand Snakes/Trystane
- Skipped

But we'll have to wait and see!

I think Cersei will be the one to kill Pycelle and Kevan. After the way they just stared at her as she staggered into the castle, offering no help, I can't imagine she'll keep them around a second longer than she needs. 

I have a question-  I had read about the Tower of Joy scenes getting supposedly (or not-so-supposedly aka actually) being filmed awhile back and the speculation of this, that, and the other.  Then I saw the video of the person who looked like he sneaked-and-peaked himself up a mountain and filmed off a ledge to catch some sword-fighting scene.  Now I should think this is going to be obvious but in case not, IT'S NOT TIME FOR THE PERCOLATOR , IT'S TIME FOR THE SPOILER WARNING-

wait for it-

Ok then, the guy says the two guys fighting (who can barely be seen at all, but then can be seen enough to make our they're sword-fighting but that is about it) is "Sean Bean...... get him Beanie!!!!!!  and I don't know who "The Knight" is he's fighting...."  -- there is a good point made, the guy fighting is using two swords, and *as I understand it* [WHICH IS OF COURSE LIMITED, I admit, others will know much more] Ser Arthur Dayne uses Dawn, a two-handed great sword.  It is book cannon he carried it across his back, and I paraphrase here but it's close to a quote, "with the hilt of Dawn, his badass sword of cosmic origin as pale as milkglass, rising over his right shoulder".... -- and I do not know of any references to him double-fisting swords [Please correct me if I am wrong, no problems!].  Now this is the thing though-  Despite this video's poor, poor quality and across-the-galaxy filming distance, it is obvious that not only is the swordsman fighting "Sean Bean" using two swords, he is quite capable.  I am not exactly a trained swordfighter but I know a couple of things about a couple of things including this subject and it's clear this guy knows what he's doing with his movements and motions, not just play-fighting.  There is a few clear demonstrations of him spinning the swords about his hands.... -- NOW LISTEN, -- I know this is not the absolute hardest thing to do in the world.  However doing it with heavy, battle-ready swords, with both hands, while play-fighting-acting, and doing it at full battle speed, is something else entirely.  This leads me to conclude the person *IS* a trained swordsman/ sword fighter, like they called for in the casting call.  There was a few people mentioned as being cast as Arthur Dayne, all (fairly unknown to me at least) actors.    I am wondering if there is any more info on this- did I miss anything where it has been confirmed Arthur Dayne is being played by anybody?  Also if anyone knows this sort of thing, are there any "famous legendary sword-fighters" in UK/Europe that are rumored for this?  (like The Mountain getting played by a Strongest Man champ etc.).

Lastly, at the end of the video, you can actually see this little guy sneak in and take out the guy I believe is Arthur Dayne fighting Ned.... the thing is, he doesn't throw a net over him, he doesn't throw a frog at him, he doesn't even bamboozle him with a trance dance or magical time-travelling abilities aka a .45 ACP 1911.  It looks like he just gets behind him and does the ol' slit-throat neck trick.  I would be a little disappointed at that.... I thought Ned meant Howland did some Howland stuff.... some Crannogman, moving-Greywater-Watch type stuff.  Not just a sneak-attack-throat-cut.

Ok thanks for your time reading and responses.

I have a question-  I had read about the Tower of Joy scenes getting supposedly (or not-so-supposedly aka actually) being filmed awhile back and the speculation of this, that, and the other.  Then I saw the video of the person who looked like he sneaked-and-peaked himself up a mountain and filmed off a ledge to catch some sword-fighting scene.  Now I should think this is going to be obvious but in case not, IT'S NOT TIME FOR THE PE

Ok then, the guy says the two guys fighting (who can barely be seen at all, but then can be seen enough to make our they're sword-fighting but that is about it) is "Sean Bean...... get him Beanie!!!!!!  and I don't know who "The Knight" is he's fighting...."  -- there is a good point made, the guy fighting is using two swords, and *as I understand it* [WHICH IS OF COURSE LIMITED, I admit, others will know much more] Ser Arthur Dayne uses Dawn, a two-handed great sword.  It is book cannon he carried it across his back, and I paraphrase here but it's close to a quote, "with the hilt of Dawn, his badass sword of cosmic origin as pale as milkglass, rising over his right shoulder".... -- and I do not know of any references to him double-fisting swords [Please correct me if I am wrong, no problems!].  Now this is the thing though-  Despite this video's poor, poor quality and across-the-galaxy filming distance, it is obvious that not only is the swordsman fighting "Sean Bean" using two swords, he is quite capable.  I am not exactly a trained swordfighter but I know a couple of things about a couple of things including this subject and it's clear this guy knows what he's doing with his movements and motions, not just play-fighting.  There is a few clear demonstrations of him spinning the swords about his hands.... -- NOW LISTEN, -- I know this is not the absolute hardest thing to do in the world.  However doing it with heavy, battle-ready swords, with both hands, while play-fighting-acting, and doing it at full battle speed, is something else entirely.  This leads me to conclude the person *IS* a trained swordsman/ sword fighter, like they called for in the casting call.  There was a few people mentioned as being cast as Arthur Dayne, all (fairly unknown to me at least) actors.    I am wondering if there is any more info on this- did I miss anything where it has been confirmed Arthur Dayne is being played by anybody?  Also if anyone knows this sort of thing, are there any "famous legendary sword-fighters" in UK/Europe that are rumored for this?  (like The Mountain getting played by a Strongest Man champ etc.).

Lastly, at the end of the video, you can actually see this little guy sneak in and take out the guy I believe is Arthur Dayne fighting Ned.... the thing is, he doesn't throw a net over him, he doesn't throw a frog at him, he doesn't even bamboozle him with a trance dance or magical time-travelling abilities aka a .45 ACP 1911.  It looks like he just gets behind him and does the ol' slit-throat neck trick.  I would be a little disappointed at that.... I thought Ned meant Howland did some Howland stuff.... some Crannogman, moving-Greywater-Watch type stuff.  Not just a sneak-attack-throat-cut.

Ok thanks for your time reading and responses.

The guy that stabbed the knight wearing KG armor is using sort of Crannogman tactic. Faking death and the to strike. Obviously I would imagine fishing nets too or some other shady tricks, but I guess they wet with a different route. And yes that should be Howland Reed. It looks very simiraily to what other poeple said....that Ned was saved by Howland. Bran said to Jojen in Season 3.

There was a casting for a legendary fighter carrying his sword on the back. Robert Aramayo is prabbly Howland Reed due to to sheer resemblence to Jojen Reed and Thomas Brodie Sangster. The other guys are Luke Roberts and Eddie Eyrie...supposedly playing Ser Alfrid Hunrith and some guy from Tarth. I don't think that they will change names like that for the show. They're far too important especially Ned. I would hate if they change Arthur's name or Dawn. I suppose and it's what others people think too they should play Ser Arthur Dayne and Ned Stark. All three guys practiced with the swords for this and this was confirmed. I would say Luke Roberts might be Dayne under his helmet wielding those two swords and Ned with Howland.

Could Qyburn be the new hand? Jaime or Mace would be unlikely I think.

IMO any Hand from this point forward will be a Tyrell choice, not a Cersei choice. She may hold some power for a wee bit longer, but not much. As soon as Marge is free, the pendulum swings Tyrell...for now.

I wasn't sure where to put this -- I didn't want to start a new thread, and this seems to fit under "sightings."

I watched a clip from this past weekend's German Comic Con in which Rory McCann answered a fan question, "How are you different from/similar to your character?"

His answers: (I'm paraphrasing) We're similar in that I can be grouchy and a bit of a loner and perhaps drink too much at times. Different in that I'm not as violent and I would hope not as damaged, and I like fire. Oh, and I'm alive. THE HOUND IS DEAD and I'm alive.

I found that interesting for him to call attention to that considering the question in no way addressed whether the Hound was alive or dead. The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks. 

I was cobbling together what information we have about parts filming in December:

A (non-Northern) lord, first reported back in September, described as the best remaining part this season, filming for the first two weeks in December.  I have a theory that this is Leyton Hightower.

Captain of the Tower, a one-scene part with leading cast that films for a week starting December 2nd.  So this is probably just finished.  The captain has dialogue in a scene where his superior is making a decision.  I'd speculate this is linked to the above part, given the filming overlap.

The guys widely believed to be Cerwyn and Manderly, both filming on December 16th.  Since we have a specific date for this one, it will be interesting to see who of the main cast is known to be in Ireland on that day.

A baby with brown eyes, needed for one day on December 17th.  Presumably baby Jon, so in turn the most likely people filming with him would be the actors playing the young Ned and Howland, I expect.

Archived