Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I don't know if it was posted somewhere and if it is new (I'm very sorry if it is old and already posted) but on IMDB, there is a list of actors credited for Episode 6x01:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658014/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Spoiler

Interesting things in my opinion - to make it easier for me, I use only names of the characters:

- Stannis isn't credited but Brienne and Podrick is

- Jon isn't credited but there are several characters on the Wall credited

- Euron is credited but no other Greyjoy is (with the exception of Theon)

- Osha and Rickon are credited

- Bran, Hodor, Meera and Three-Eyed Crow are credited

- there is a mysterious character called "Lady Stark" credited, according to the actress it is not Catelyn

Unfortunately, the Sandsnakes are credited as well...

Just now, Nerevanin said:

I don't know if it was posted somewhere and if it is new (I'm very sorry if it is old and already posted) but on IMDB, there is a list of actors credited for Episode 6x01:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3658014/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Hidden Content

Imdb is hardly considered trustworthy.

Just now, Lord Friendzone said:

Imdb is hardly considered trustworthy.

I know but it's still interesting. :) For a time I thought that simply everybody was credited but neither the band of actors which was practically confirmed, nor for example Asha (who will 99% return considering that there will be a story from the Iron Islands) are credited, so I don't know...

9 minutes ago, Nerevanin said:

I know but it's still interesting. :) For a time I thought that simply everybody was credited but neither the band of actors which was practically confirmed, nor for example Asha (who will 99% return considering that there will be a story from the Iron Islands) are credited, so I don't know...

You know last season Benjen Stark.

Most of them would make sense. Ironborn should be introduced, resolutions from cliffhanger since last season.(Jon,Stannis). Although, Jon as his body technically should be listed. He will be there. Well, we don't know much about Rickon, Osha or if Ellie Kendrick as Meera even shoot some scenes. Lady Stark is probably from Braavos that theatre group.Arya will stumble upon. Others will play Ned, Cersei, Robert.

1 hour ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Most of them would make sense. Ironborn should be introduced, resolutions from cliffhanger since last season.(Jon,Stannis). Although, Jon as his body technically should be listed. He will be there. Well, we don't know much about Rickon, Osha or if Ellie Kendrick as Meera even shoot some scenes. Lady Stark is probably from Braavos that theatre group.Arya will stumble upon. Others will play Ned, Cersei, Robert.

What, Benjen was credited for last season? I didn't know about that.

I dare to say that it'd be a good marketing move by the show creators if Jon (and possibly also Stannis) doesn't appear at all in the first episode because obviously everybody will turn the episode on to see his fate. If he doesn't appear, people would have to watch the next episode as well. Just an opinion.

I'd speculate that Meera probably will appear at a point during Season 6 because during her last scene she was with Bran and Hodor in the cave. Unless they'll solve it like "yeah, um, she went out for a walk and um... she got killed. what a pity. let's move on, we haven't seen any boobs for approximately two minutes." The same for Osha and Rickon. Just an opinion of course. :)

14 hours ago, Nerevanin said:

I dare to say that it'd be a good marketing move by the show creators if Jon (and possibly also Stannis) doesn't appear at all in the first episode because obviously everybody will turn the episode on to see his fate. If he doesn't appear, people would have to watch the next episode as well. Just an opinion.

I'd speculate that Meera probably will appear at a point during Season 6 because during her last scene she was with Bran and Hodor in the cave. Unless they'll solve it like "yeah, um, she went out for a walk and um... she got killed. what a pity. let's move on, we haven't seen any boobs for approximately two minutes." The same for Osha and Rickon. Just an opinion of course. :)

Well. Actor that plays Benjen Stark was credited for season finale. Everybody was pumped up that Benjen is alive and will do someting great. They just used him to lure out Jon and to kill him. If Jon's body doesn't count, then yeah he shouldn't be in this episode. I still think resurrection will happen around ep. 2 or 3. D&D would be smarter to hint at Jon's resurrection in ep.1 or even in promos some vague hints about him, if he doesn't make an apperance. Rickon, Osha and Meera ight be. Tought to say with them.

On 25/01/2016 at 5:29 PM, Nerevanin said:

I think this confirms Meera in the next season.

https://twitter.com/GameOfThrones/status/692045795755819008

On 1/26/2016 at 4:20 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Well. Actor that plays Benjen Stark was credited for season finale. Everybody was pumped up that Benjen is alive and will do someting great. They just used him to lure out Jon and to kill him. If Jon's body doesn't count, then yeah he shouldn't be in this episode. I still think resurrection will happen around ep. 2 or 3. D&D would be smarter to hint at Jon's resurrection in ep.1 or even in promos some vague hints about him, if he doesn't make an apperance. Rickon, Osha and Meera ight be. Tought to say with them.

Resurrection is going to be the first thing that happens. They already set up the immediate resurrection with Dondarrion, and went through all the trouble of having Mel travel to the Riverlands to witness what Thoros had done. They'd have to not have anything happen at all at the wall the first episode....they're not going to leave him laying around on a slab while Mel dines with Thorne. There's way too many story lines this season....they're going to need to get that one up and running quick to fit all the other stuff in.

1 hour ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

Resurrection is going to be the first thing that happens. They already set up the immediate resurrection with Dondarrion, and went through all the trouble of having Mel travel to the Riverlands to witness what Thoros had done. They'd have to not have anything happen at all at the wall the first episode....they're not going to leave him laying around on a slab while Mel dines with Thorne. There's way too many story lines this season....they're going to need to get that one up and running quick to fit all the other stuff in.

Doubt that. If it happens in the episode 1...at the end definitely. First of all season premiere will spoil it for many fans. Well, Mel would need a little bit of time, bevcause you saaw at the end of last season...she lost faith in her powers or intepretation of what she saw. She doesn't know about Jon, she will need some clue from R'hllor most likely to make her think. Then of course simple praying might not be enough and some sort of ritual maybe needed as Mel is there with Ghost for some reason.

On 1/25/2016 at 0:27 PM, Lord Friendzone said:

Either that or we might be getting Ned's mother. That's something to consider since Young Eddard Stark is on the list.

9 hours ago, WhitewolfStark said:

Either that or we might be getting Ned's mother. That's something to consider since Young Eddard Stark is on the list.

Wouldn't it be better to introduce Rickard? Considering he was involved in what started RR and then leading to events of ASOAIF. Lady Stark to me make more sense since other actors as it emerged from photos will be playing Ned, Cersei and Robert. Making fun of them.

On 1/28/2016 at 9:13 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Doubt that. If it happens in the episode 1...at the end definitely. First of all season premiere will spoil it for many fans. Well, Mel would need a little bit of time, bevcause you saaw at the end of last season...she lost faith in her powers or intepretation of what she saw. She doesn't know about Jon, she will need some clue from R'hllor most likely to make her think. Then of course simple praying might not be enough and some sort of ritual maybe needed as Mel is there with Ghost for some reason.

That's entirely possible...I'm just saying we're not going two or three episodes w/o the res. It's going to happen early. I don't for a minute believe D&D are going to have some thoughtful introspective Mel time though. That's way too nuanced for what we know about the show this far into the game.

1 hour ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

That's entirely possible...I'm just saying we're not going two or three episodes w/o the res. It's going to happen early. I don't for a minute believe D&D are going to have some thoughtful introspective Mel time though. That's way too nuanced for what we know about the show this far into the game.

Yeah, there was a rumour about ep.5 to go along with TOJ, but that's too late in my opinion. First episode will be reaction to what happened and planning next move for all concerning parties. Then I can see resurrection ep. 2 or 3 at the latest. I think ep. 2 and some hint to it at the end of ep. 1 would be great way to do it. More it drags, the more it would be frustrating for many people. If all the spoiler are true...he has tons of stuff to do for it to be resurrected in the middle of season.

13 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Wouldn't it be better to introduce Rickard? Considering he was involved in what started RR and then leading to events of ASOAIF. Lady Stark to me make more sense since other actors as it emerged from photos will be playing Ned, Cersei and Robert. Making fun of them.

I agree it would make more sense, but what makes the most sense doesn't always get put on screen. :/

On 30 January 2016 at 9:09 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Sometimes it's like that. They filmed Rickard's and Brandon's death for pilot.

And the guy who played Brandon kinda looked like Sean Bean. It would have been nice to see the scene.

15 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

I'm curious...what you guys think they're going to do with Jon then the first episode or two. Is he just going to be laying on some straw in a tower somewhere decaying?

That was a huge end for him...they're going to have to have some type of scene/scenes at the wall addressing it.

Jon wasn't the only cliffhanger end of season 5. People are waiting to hear the fates of several other characters as well. So part of the answer is there are lots of other locations to cover.

The rest of the answer is that there will be scenes with Mel. Mel and Davos, Mel and Tormund maybe. Tormund and other wildlings. State of the Watch after Jon's murder. There is, frankly, a lot to cover at the Wall that is not necessarily Jon's "rebirth".

Archived