Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

unless her identity matters as has been speculated (Ashara or otherwise) in which case she would be Lemore with modified storyline. My guess would be Red Priestess though.

The "any ethnicity" thing would seem to cut against the idea that it's Ashara.

Aegon isn't cut yet. Once Season 6 casting is over then we can conclude hes cut. Many people also thought the Greyjoys were cut yet here we can see they clearly aren't. This is the final year, as Season 6 or bust for pretty much every character we know now. Season 5 wasn't big enough to introduce every character, so we got just Dorne, now were getting 1 Greyjoy and Oldtown, soon others.

Its speculated Aegon heads to Oldtown, he has to be in this year.

They cant possibly cut the other half of the Dance. That's ludicrous even for an adaption.

Season 6 may be bringing back more old characters than introducing new ones. Walder Frey, Rickon, the Greatjon, the Blackfish, the Brotherhood and Balon are all on the table for reprisals. The hint of Septon Meribald opens the door on the Riverlands.

Aegon isn't cut yet. Once Season 6 casting is over then we can conclude hes cut. Many people also thought the Greyjoys were cut yet here we can see they clearly aren't. This is the final year, as Season 6 or bust for pretty much every character we know now. Season 5 wasn't big enough to introduce every character, so we got just Dorne, now were getting 1 Greyjoy and Oldtown, soon others.

Its speculated Aegon heads to Oldtown, he has to be in this year.

They cant possibly cut the other half of the Dance. That's ludicrous even for an adaption.

Aegon is cut. No Arianne, no Jon Con, no nothing. Sorry, mate, time to get over it.

Don't think we'll have any Aegon plot lines, Greyjoy plot lines or Oldtown plot lines. They're getting nearer the end and it's a TV show, they can't keep expanding for ever. THye'll likely keep the scope and characters they have at the moment and keep with them until the end.

Septon Meribald!!! :wub:

The Broken Men monologue is one of my favorite in the entire series. Scratch that-- it is my very favorite.

And implies Brienne survives... I was starting to worry as I thought she might be taking Mance's role.

I don't think that tells you anything about Brienne. It really doesn't make any sense for Brienne to go back to the Riverlands at this point. The Hound and the Elder Brother/Meribald merge will likely appear on their own, and/or interacting with other characters.

Yeah I'm not expecting Brienne to go to the Riverlands, just like Jaime won't. But between the Blackfish, Walder Frey and the Brotherhood, there's still enough relevant characters to form a version of the book's plotlines around.

Casting for possible flashbacks gave me a thought: why not use Masie for any teenage Lyanna flashbacks? They keep saying Arya looks like her aunt. Just give her a wig, maybe some makeup to alter her features slightly, and there you go.

Bran seeing the flashback would probably think it's Arya too at first.

Anyway. Back to real casting speculation. :)

Hello everyone,

In your opinion if there will be any character in season 6 who will fit a 20-30 years old man from the Nine Free Cities, a Dornishman, for a Mediterranean actor which one will it be? Not necessarily an important one, just to have ideas.

Thanks

Don't think we'll have any Aegon plot lines, Greyjoy plot lines or Oldtown plot lines. They're getting nearer the end and it's a TV show, they can't keep expanding for ever. THye'll likely keep the scope and characters they have at the moment and keep with them until the end.

Read the other posts or Watchers on The Wall site. Euron and Randyll Tarly are confirmed.

Hello everyone,

In your opinion if there will be any character in season 6 who will fit a 20-30 years old man from the Nine Free Cities, a Dornishman, for a Mediterranean actor which one will it be? Not necessarily an important one, just to have ideas.

Thanks

Euron's casting news changes everything. Balon is a sure goner this season, Yara will most likely appear in the Iron Islands facing the consequences of failing at the Dreadfort and not as a Stannis prisoner.

The Boltons will most likely be wiped out this season to make space for the new antagonists. Almost all the Dornish characters will join the KL/Oldtown/Meereen storylines which will open up thing for the Riverlands.

Agreed. Balon may still die S6E1, but this confirms that he will die and that the Greyjoys won't be a dangling plot (one of the few that has legitimately annoyed me). And yeah, I think this means that the Winterfell stuff has to be resolved this season since otherwise there just isn't room for things next season. Since the Boltons winning would mean there'd need to be another march on WF at some point, I think this confirms that Stannis will win. Pretty sure you'er right about the Dornish.

So its looking like the main plots next season will be:

-Things falling apart at the Wall (and I'm fairly confident the White Walkers overrunning the place will happen some point in the season)

-Sansa and Stannis at Winterfell, though I have no idea what the next story beat there is; though I'd guess she stays to solidify the North and he goes into the Riverlands

-Various goings on in the Riverlands, Frey will be back but no idea who else or what the endgame is.

-Greyjoys back and attacking the Reach and eventually Oldtown, where it looks like Sam actually will end up

-Kings Landing descending into anarchy, particularly if Tommen dies soon

-Arya doing something

-Dany and co. heading towards Westeros, though Dany could be with her army or gathering up a Dokrathi one while Tyrion is in charge for her

Am I missing any? I doubt Aegon makes it. That's looking like a pretty packed season (and looking like this season was entirely about bridging from the end of S4 to it)

ETA: I'd guess that Jamie gets caught up in the Greyjoy plot (needing to defend the Westerlands) or goes into the Riverlands and that Brienne stays with Sansa.

With only two seasons left and the White Walkers still to come, it's actually quite easy to see how that could be cut.

I also think Aegon is out, but I am starting to wonder if HBO won over D&D and this will go 8 seasons now. I never thought it would, but the Greyjoys are a pretty big game changer and suggest that we aren't moving immediately to the twin series climaxes of Dany's invasion and the White Walkers invasion.

Yeah I'm not expecting Brienne to go to the Riverlands, just like Jaime won't. But between the Blackfish, Walder Frey and the Brotherhood, there's still enough relevant characters to form a version of the book's plotlines around.

Given how this show works, there will absolutely have to be some main characters in the Riverlands for there to be a plot there. I just have no idea who that would be at this point.

I also think Aegon is out, but I am starting to wonder if HBO won over D&D and this will go 8 seasons now. I never thought it would, but the Greyjoys are a pretty big game changer and suggest that we aren't moving immediately to the twin series climaxes of Dany's invasion and the White Walkers invasion.

I think this too. Their first press interviews this season they seemed really firm on 7, but after HBO kept saying 10, they then seemed to ease up and started saying "7 or 8."

Archived