Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Agree. I can't see them anymore doing only 7 seasons with Euron now in the mix.

What if they're bringing in Euron at the start of his Winds of Winter material? Then they're still on track. Within five minutes of these casting descriptions, people were already speculating that he attacks the Reach, which also explains why they're putting off Sam's journey to the Citadel - because it makes more sense to time his arrival there for the middle of the action. It's like a combination of pushing back Book 4 material while delving into Book 6 material.

I wouldn't underestimate how quickly D&D are diving into unpublished territory. What seems like invention now could very prove to have been an adaptation of material GRRM hasn't released yet.

What if they're bringing in Euron at the start of his Winds of Winter material? Then they're still on track. Within five minutes of these casting descriptions, people were already speculating that he attacks the Reach, which also explains why they're putting off Sam's journey to the Citadel - because it makes more sense to time his arrival there for the middle of the action. It's like a combination of pushing back Book 4 material while delving into Book 6 material.

No kingsmoot then I guess.. but well, better than no Euron :D

Any idea about who this character can be? It's one of the character they are looking for!

• Fierce Warrior, a tall man in 30’s or 40’s with a powerful physique. They’re looking for someone with “mixed ethnicity” for the role.

No kingsmoot then I guess.. but well, better than no Euron :D

Why not? They could still do the Kingsmoot without Victarion. Euron, Yara, and some other Ironborn lords who are not that important for the story but a nod to the readers. Non book readers won't care about them really, but only make them believe there are more choices then just Euron and Yara.

Why not? They could still do the Kingsmoot without Victarion. Euron, Yara, and some other Ironborn lords who are not that important for the story but a nod to the readers. Non book readers won't care about them really, but only make them believe there are more choices then just Euron and Yara.

it's about the post before. If they introduce Euron attacking Oldtown, I think they'll skip it. Also for the limit of 7 seasons :/

<p>

Any idea about who this character can be? It's one of the character they are looking for!

• Fierce Warrior, a tall man in 30s or 40s with a powerful physique. Theyre looking for someone with mixed ethnicity for the role.

We don't really know, he could be a new character but my guess would be Khal Jhaqo, it's how Dothrakis were described before I believe.

Septon Meribald!!! :wub:

The Broken Men monologue is one of my favorite in the entire series. Scratch that-- it is my very favorite.

And implies Brienne survives... I was starting to worry as I thought she might be taking Mance's role.

I doubt it means anything for Brienne.

Elder Broribald doesn't need to be introduced via Brienne at all. Much more likely that the introduction of this character is about Sandor.

it's about the post before. If they introduce Euron attacking Oldtown, I think they'll skip it. Also for the limit of 7 seasons :/

I very much doubt they will skip the Kingsmoot. Everyone has jet packs in the show anyway, so they can easily do a simplified Kingsmoot that Yara loses because she failed at the Dreadfort, then the IB show up at Oldtown the next episode.

I very much doubt they will skip the Kingsmoot. Everyone has jet packs in the show anyway, so they can easily do a simplified Kingsmoot that Yara loses because she failed at the Dreadfort, then the IB show up at Oldtown the next episode.

could be possible too. But I think we have to wait how many new characters will be cast and how many "old ones" are coming back which paused this season. i think that will take a lot of screentime too.

Regarding Brienne, I think the show has spoiled some things for us. I suspect that in TWoW Jaime will tell Lady Stoneheart that he's willing to admit his crimes and that he will go back to King's Landing to tell everyone the truth about him and Cersei.

In the show it will be Myrcella that prompts him to do so, but this is how I think the stories will converge.

There's no reason for Brienne to return to the Riverlands on the show.

and what about Darkstar he might fit the description isn't it?

No, Darkstar is supposed to look like a Targaryen. I don't think we're getting the Myrcella maiming. I think Myrcella asks Jaime if he really is her father. Jaime will then decide to tell everyone the truth. Myrcella stays in Dorne since Trystane doesn't care she's a bastard. Bronn stays in Dorne and leaves the show. Nymeria goes with Jaime back to King's Landing to join the Small Council, Tyene follows them to infiltrate the Sparrows. And Obara goes to Oldtown and her story is merged with that of Sarella. That's my guess of what will happen.

No, Darkstar is supposed to look like a Targaryen. I don't think we're getting the Myrcella maiming. I think Myrcella asks Jaime if he really is her father. Jaime will then decide to tell everyone the truth. Myrcella stays in Dorne since Trystane doesn't care she's a bastard. Bronn stays in Dorne and leaves the show. Nymeria goes with Jaime back to King's Landing to join the Small Council, Tyene follows them to infiltrate the Sparrows. And Obara goes to Oldtown and her story is merged with that of Sarella. That's my guess of what will happen.

So the warrior can only be a dothraki, like khal jhaqo like it was suggested before?

"Pirate, man in his 40’s to late 50’s. He’s “an infamous pirate who has terrorized seas all around the world. Cunning, ruthless, with a touch of madness.”

He’s a dangerous-looking man. A very good part this season".

Who is he then? Shitmouth? Nimble Dick? :rolleyes:

To be fair, although its extremely unlikely, this really could be another character. There's no one else in the books so far that matches that description, but for all we know this could be some new character Dany recruits to lead her fleet. I doubt that very much, but considering how certain on multiple occasions people were that LS was appearing, its best to not take anything for granted.

For my own purposes of speculation, I'm going to assume that this is in fact Euron, but I won't shoutdown anyone who has a good reason for thinking otherwise.

Archived