Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

^I still think Sam will leave CB in the show. This falls more under s5 spec and I've said as much on the s5 casting thread but I think he and Jon will part ways from Eastwatch around ep. 507 with Jon sailing north to Hardhome/northofthewall fishing village and Sam sailing south. This will come after Aemon dies (at the Wall on the show, it was likely him on the pyre in the trailer) and then Jon will make the hard decision to send his best friend away to train to be the next Maester.

I really don't see the Sam in Oldtown stuff as being something easy to write around. They could make it much shorter or have it go right to the inevitable Ironborn action or something like that, but since they included Sam and GIlly so much already, I think they won't mind them branching off into their own storyline again. Also I think it's important that Sam isn't around for the Ides.

There was an interview recently with Benihoff, Weiss, and the actor who plays Sam. Benihoff insisted that Sam was not a PoV character in the books. Until the guy who plays Sam called him out on it. So I'm going to say the showrunners aren't keen on that storyline. Has Oldtown even been mentioned on the show?

Actually, it doesnt matter in the end that Benioff forgets who's PoV, as he said, one of the first thing they had to do was dissociate themselves from that narrating style, so yeah, I'm not buggered by it the same as others.

Actually, it doesnt matter in the end that Benioff forgets who's PoV, as he said, one of the first thing they had to do was dissociate themselves from that narrating style, so yeah, I'm not buggered by it the same as others.

It would be a shame if they dropped old town. However if they drop the iron born then they can drop the citadel too. Damnit, I would have loved to see the hightower on the opening credits.

I think Sam going to Oldtown is a sure thing, this season or in S6 is the only question. Just like Jon needed to become LC to advance his story, Samwell also needs to become a Maester.

Gilly can't stay at Castle Black and Sam has promised to always be at her side, they have to go somewhere together. In Oldtown or Horn Hill we will meet Randyll Tarly and have familiar faces about when Euron attacks the Reach. (Yes I believe that Euron will make the show)

Why?

Sure, the Night's Watch is normally all-male, but if the showrunners don't want to send Sam away, they'll ignore that, and it's an emergency situation anyway.

They made sure every single viewer got the reasoning last season, sure they could ignore it now but that would be really poor writing. I'm just basing all this on what would make sense if they want to keep it consistent with what they have written so far.

We'll see if they ignore this potential plot hole, I hope Sam gets to go to Oldtown eventually.

They made sure every single viewer got the reasoning last season, sure they could ignore it now but that would be really poor writing. I'm just basing all this on what would make sense if they want to keep it consistent with what they have written so far.

Last season Sam decided that Gilly would be safer elsewhere, a decision that was also motivated at least in part by his being scared of being attracted to her. He realized that both of those things were dumb, and brought her back inside the castle. I don't think there's anything to ignore.

What I mean with ignore is, the fact that the Watch is full of rapers and criminals. They estabilished that last season, what's changed since then? Sam still can't defend her against these people, which means she has to go somewhere safe but this time he goes with her as per his promise.

But I can see what your point, it can be worked around if they can't show us Oldtown or other places.

What I mean with ignore is, the fact that the Watch is full of rapers and criminals. They estabilished that last season, what's changed since then? Sam still can't defend her against these people, which means she has to go somewhere safe but this time he goes with her as per his promise.

But I can see what your point, it can be worked around if they can't show us Oldtown or other places.

They'll either do it or they won't. TV is often a lot more character driven than story driven unfortunately. Therefore they may decide that Sam is not popular enough to give an entire arc to and may find a work around instead of sending him and Gilly to Oldtown. Aemon is already dead by the looks of it, we'll have to see.

On the plus side it does link in with the faceless men and the Ironborn. If they do introduce Euron, and maybe give the faceless man part to Arya for example then I could see them doing it. I can't see it for Sam alone though unfortunately.

One big thing changed. Castle Black now has thousands of Wildlings! One more Wildling girl is insignificant if they want to change things by keeping her there, they could just send her to one of the other forts they're repairing.

But, I do think Jon probably will send Sam to be a Maester. My worry is we might not see much of it if they don't want to introduce another big city they could just put the actor on hiatus for a year.

But, I do think Jon probably will send Sam to be a Maester. My worry is we might not see much of it if they don't want to introduce another big city they could just put the actor on hiatus for a year.

With only two seasons likely to go, that's unlikely. Moreover, since Sam will never complete his training while the books are running, the point of Sam going to Oldtown is presumably that he'll do something there.

One big thing changed. Castle Black now has thousands of Wildlings! One more Wildling girl is insignificant if they want to change things by keeping her there, they could just send her to one of the other forts they're repairing.

Also most of the nastiest Night's Watch types are now dead thanks to the mutiny.

Leaving fluffy bunnies and rainbow drops.

I think the biggest chance for characters that could be cast in Season 6 are :

1.Euron Greyjoy

2.A northern lord or two (because, I have the feeling that story line is going to need more characters). Minor roles however

3.Randyll Tarly

4.Archmaester Marwyn

5.(a few?) leader(s) of the golden company (was namedropped in season 4, so chances are low this does not happen)

6.A Dothraki Khal

I am less sure about :

1.Aegon

2.Jon Connington

3.Benerro

4.Howland Reed

Returning characters :

1.The Blackfish

2.The Hound

3.Bran

4.Meera

5.Hodor

6.Benjen?

7.Walder Frey

8.Thoros of Myr?

9.Gendry

10.Osha

11.Rickon

This is what I suspect, at least from the end of adwd/affc. All in all this would result in perhaps 30 extra people in the cast for next season. (included brand new twow characters) I expect most will be minor roles though.

^Its a crazy to think that there might only be 4-5 new characters next season now that the show has hit its peak and they are racing towards the end game.

Keep in mind, these 5-6 characters are on top of 11 returning characters. So that makes 17 extra compared to this season.

I also don't think those are the only new characters; but these are the characters that will be casted based on affc/adwd feeling.

Well, I dunno. I haven't read TWoW, so I don't know who we'll meet. But I think we are going to get: Urine Euron, some northern lord, Howland Reed, Randyll Tarly, a Dothraki Khal and Marwyn. I am sure we'll get at least Euron, but I hope for Victarion and Damphair too. And Griff and fAegon are propably cut, but maybe they will appear. We won't know until next summer.

I can see Aegon, Euron, Victarion, Moqorro, all Meereenese characters, all northern lords, all the Oldtown cast and LSH all cut. Unfortunately D&D want to finish the story, period. I understand their reasons, but ASOIAF as a book series deserves more than just 7 seasons, that's for sure. Anyway, I believe D&D will try to introduce very few characters at this point, converge a lot of storylines, and keep all the new/returning crew of books 4 and 5 out. I also believe we might not see the BwB ever again.

I can see Aegon, Euron, Victarion, Moqorro, all Meereenese characters, all northern lords, all the Oldtown cast and LSH all cut. Unfortunately D&D want to finish the story, period. I understand their reasons, but ASOIAF as a book series deserves more than just 7 seasons, that's for sure. Anyway, I believe D&D will try to introduce very few characters at this point, converge a lot of storylines, and keep all the new/returning crew of books 4 and 5 out. I also believe we might not see the BwB ever again.

I think Euron has a chance, nobody else.

Archived