Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Why? Not saying I think the opposite, I just don't have an opinion and would be interested in your reasons for your strong opinion.

It's just my opinion, i can't picture him as a hard and tough man.

James Faulkner is a perfect cast for Randyll on the other hand.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hitman/images/8/8a/JamesFaulkner.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120109153012

http://ficmedia.fichub.com/Fox_uk_uk/character/114980.281x308.jpg

It's just my opinion, i can't picture him as a hard and tough man.

James Faulkner is a perfect cast for Randyll on the other hand.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hitman/images/8/8a/JamesFaulkner.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120109153012

http://ficmedia.fichub.com/Fox_uk_uk/character/114980.281x308.jpg

LOL. The actor looks so supremely unimpressed in all of his headshots. I love it. Perfect casting.

Since Randyll have been confirmed then we can asumme mcshane will play septon meribald?

It is a pretty safe assumption. McShane's info says he has already done his filming, so he was never going to be Tarly. His filming dates were same as the outlaw characters from the casting call.

• 1 month later...

There’s only a month left to Game of Thrones season 6 filming, but casting notices are still rolling in. Thanks to our sources, we have two role descriptions to share with you today. The newest ones to find their way to us offer more hints at the season 6 Northern plot. One of them is reminiscent of a book character who made a big impression in A Dance with Dragons, while the other is more mysterious.

From Watchers on The Wall:

There are character names attached to the roles, but we have reason to believe that the names are fake.

First up, we have:

“Boyce”: He’s a callow young nobleman in his 20’s who has been thrust into a position of power before he is ready. They’re looking for an actor using a Northern accent, and one who is physically fit, can play somewhat hot-headed and can look rugged.

Our source says the character has a couple speeches in a scene with leading cast. He’s only expected to shoot for one day- December 16th- in Northern Ireland.

Our speculation: The need for a Northern accent, and the fact that this character is filming the same day as the character below points toward him being a Northern lord, one who has just come into his title. Which one? We’re thinking this might be the new Lord Cerwyn. The Cerwyns are a Northern family. Last season, Ramsay flayed the current lord for not paying his taxes. That would give the new young lord a reason to raise havoc with the Boltons in season 6.

The second character will surely cause a great deal of speculation among fans.

“Fletcher”:  He is a fat nobleman in his 60’s. He has distinctive rugged features, a Northern accent, and a distinguished air. Our source says he has a stirring speech during which he unexpectedly shifts political allegiances.

The actor is only expected to shoot for one day- the same day as the above role, on December 16th, in Northern Ireland.

Our speculation: A fat nobleman shifting alliances? If this isn’t Wyman Manderly, the Game of Thrones fandom is being trolled hard with this character. With only one day of filming, clearly the show isn’t doing the whole White Harbor plot, but I think we guessed that anyway. Perhaps this is a meeting of Northern Lords, and this is a more streamlined version of the Wyman character who made such an impression with his speech in A Dance with Dragons.

Obviously White Harbour plot is cut of from the show and Davos will not be searching for Rickon, but I agree with Grail King. Sansa should be the one to hear his speech maybe along with Jon. It depends on where she will go CB or any other place. I would say no room for Frey pies.

While I would love for Wyman's full plot to be explored in Season 6, I accept that there simply isn't the screentime to feature every element of main characters, never mind minor ones like Manderly.  I think his 'The North Remembers' speech would be better for a screen audience than Frey Pies (which even some readers don't pick up first time).  As for who is going to play him, I have read some great suggestions on a number of sites, but I would love it to be Simon Russell Beale.  He doesn't do much TV work, but his Falstaff in The Hollow Crown and his portrayal of Widmerpool in A Dance to the Music of Time were both stunning! And I think that if it is going to be the 'The North Remembers' speech from Dance that is portrayed on screen, having an experienced Shakespearean actor might be a good thing. It is such a great speech, whomever they cast has to be able to do it justice.  

Think it might be possible that Arya makes it back to Westeros with Sam? I know the assumption was that they'd skip out Sam going to Braavos, but maybe they do it next season with Arya going along to Oldtown or with Sam coming back.

I'm pretty sure the Horn Hill scenes are confirmed to be filmed by the guy directing episodes 5-6, so Sam is definitely in Westeros earlier than that.

Even if we didn't know that, there's no way Arya traveling with Sam would work.  What would Sam do all season?  The show already covered essentially all the important points of his AFFC travelogue arc in Season 5.

Archived