D&E anthology due Oct. 6

The stories have all already been written and previously published, but somehow the October 2015 publishing date will end up being more like March 2018

At least that way we get new D&E stories.

Oh now I know why we haven't got Winds. Grrm was writing new Dunk and Egg stories for this anthology bless him! Fully illustrated She-Wolves on Winterfell is just what I've always wanted.

I did not purchase any of the anthologies that D&E originally appeared in so I will definitely be getting my hands on this. That cover looks awesome.

yeah I've read them but it will be nice to have them in a physical copy, couldn't be bothered to buy the anthologies, I do wish She Wolves was part of it :crying:

Actually, I'm not sure we'll get 'The She-Wolves' story as next D&E. George has also said that he is working on another story, 'The Village Hero', set in the Riverlands, which may or may not appear before the She-Wolves. Since Dunk is still in the Riverlands following TMK, this could occur before they go North. Or not.

Speculation has it that 'The Village Hero' will feature a visit to Pennytree, and may also introduce Egg's future wife and queen, Black Betha Blackwood (as Pennytree is located closely to Raventree Hall, this would hardly be surprising).

I guess if Dunk and Egg meet some guy on the road who knows where Pennytree is, they might decide to go there first, rather than into the North.

If they go into the North, I hope there will not only be the story at Winterfell, but also another featuring the Wall/wildings, as it seems that Raymun Redbeard declared himself King-beyond-the-Wall around that time, despite the fact that he only attacked the North over a decade later.

And, of course, I'll pick up that one. Dunk and Egg closely illustrated should really be as much fun as to read them.

I got a bit excited until I realised it was just a rehash of of old material.

Might have even wasted my money if there was no art in it and thus not ridiculously expensive. Sigh...

Amazon has it listed at $35. Knocked down to $24 if you preorder. That's pretty reasonable, I think. Cheaper than Winds will be when it finally drops.

Does anyone think there will be appendices (like the main books), heraldry (like the graphic novels) or even a new family tree at the end of the book? That would be another new reason to buy other than the artwork for me.

I'm hoping for something like this as well. Getting the family trees of that era fleshed out a bit would be cool.

This is why Winds isn't done, because he distracts himself with stuff like this....

Pretty sure Winds isn't done because of the World Book/show promotion/him not writing when he's traveling.

Don't see how three stories that he wrote in 1998, 2003 and 2010 being collected into a book with artwork that Martin didn't draw himself could take away from his writing time in any significant way.

Archived