K.J. Parker (a.k.a.Tom Holt) - Part II

AncalagonTheBlack

Yeah I definitely get that an amazon listing is hardly near the end all to be all. However it was part of an addition made when parts 13 on were listed for the exact date with correct cover work.  So Orbit had to have plans to sell those parts and still do since they since updated their listings with Amazon.  It wasn't some overreach in their forthcoming titles dept that never got addressed.  Point being Orbit has been at work to list episodes past the 16 mark well before they changed the dates for all them.  So the sixteen parts seems to have been thrown out before the change in releases.  But seems correct since with the changing of the dates they also added even more episodes.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2016 at 7:00 AM, Darke said:

The Two of Swords Part 16 is still scheduled for release in mid-October - we will see if that gets pushed back again. 

Looks like it has-- I just got an Amazon notification moving it to March 2017. Which means almost a full year between installments.

• 2 weeks later...

The September issue of Locus magazine is also one of their Forthcoming Books issue and there is a listing for Mightier than the Sword by Parker due out in June 2017 by Subterranean.  Maybe a new novella?

7 minutes ago, beniowa said:

The September issue of Locus magazine is also one of their Forthcoming Books issue and there is a listing for Mightier than the Sword by Parker due out in June 2017 by Subterranean.  Maybe a new novella?

Sounds like a Salonius story. 

On 9/3/2016 at 2:32 AM, beniowa said:

According to isfdb , KJP published  an omnibus with the same title in 2002 (writing as Tom Holt),published by Orbit,consisting of 2 novels:

• Who's Afraid of Beowulf? • (1988) • novel by Tom Holt
  • My Hero • (1996) • novel by Tom Holt

Publication: Mightier Than the Sword
    Authors: Tom Holt
    Year: 2002-00-00
    ISBN: 1-84149-133-0 [978-1-84149-133-2]
    Publisher: Orbit
    Pages: 576
    Binding: pb
    Type: OMNIBUS
    Title Reference: Mightier Than the Sword

Quick question: It seems that only his Fencer and his Scavenger trilogy have been translated to German.

Edit: It seems that Purple and Black is also available. Is this one a better Starting entry?

Which would you recommend to someone new to his stuff?

I have not really seen Parker being compared to other authors.

Who would be the closest ones if I were to build a peer Group?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I just finished Savages which so far is my second favorite KJ Parker book after the folding knife , but I'm wondering does anyone know if there is going to be a sequel? The book did end on a bit of a cliff hanger.

• 6 months later...

When the pub dates were changing Amazon sent notifications of a delay. These say outright canceled. And at this rate further delays would have individual installments coming out after the omnibuses. I guess they just decided not to bother, or Parker needed more time to finalize the text than installment releases would have allowed.

• 3 months later...

Archived