Uncovering the redacted text in GRRM's original treatment.

PopMelon

They recently uncovered even more: http://imgur.com/01nrJPf

Also, I should mention a spoiler warning for this one, although from what has been deciphered, it doesn't seem all that necessary.

"Daenerys Stormborn prepares her invasion"? "The others are watching and gathering their strength"? So... that terrible redacted spoiler would be repeated information from the preceding paragraphs?

I'm calling :bs:

It's almost certain the black out was done at-least after ASOS was released considering what is not considered a spoiler by the person who blacked it out. And yet they still felt the need to black out what they did.

We don't know what the individual was thinking at the time Unless you are the black-out-er, you don't know.

ASoS came out in 2000. This is 2015. Like I said, it's been there a while, and things that were spoilers then are not necessarily spoilers now.

I don't know the sun will rise tomorrow also, but it is almost certain. Coming after ASOS limits the possibilities of the covered section being a now known spoiler to the few things that have happened in AFFC and ADWD that could warrant inclusion in a 3 page summary and require hiding, Jon dying, Aegon existing and...

I don't know the sun will rise tomorrow also, but it is almost certain. Coming after ASOS limits the possibilities of the covered section being a now known spoiler to the few things that have happened in AFFC and ADWD that could warrant inclusion in a 3 page summary and require hiding, Jon dying, Aegon existing and...

Jon is not dead.

And plenty came up in AFFC and ADWD.

And plenty came up in AFFC and ADWD.

Shoot then, what was revealed in ADWD/AFFC that could have existed at a time when the story was undeveloped to the point where there were only the 5 mains and be worth putting into a 3 page outline?

Shoot then, what was revealed in ADWD/AFFC that could have existed at a time when the story was undeveloped to the point where there were only the 5 mains and be worth putting into a 3 page outline?

The Wildlings coming through the Wall. More information about the Others courtesy of Bran's POV. Aegon (who I believe was planned all along). The threat of greyscale. Take your pick.

You know another thing that could have been a spoiler but isn't now? Anything GRRM has taken out or changed in the last 15 years.

The wildlings coming through, eh maybe, but not really. Already said Aegon and the other stuff is junk. Yeah, there's the possibility that GRRM completely removed a part of the original plan that seemed plausible enough after ASOS to the person who blacked it out, but not nearly more than likely.

also. to me the letter before the single "l" on the fourth line looks like possibly a "d" the first letter of that line could maybe be a "b" or "h" there is also the slight hint of the letter following the "l" swooping below the other letters. since usually i would assume a "y" would follow "dl" (better than "g","j","p"or "q") that would be my guess... "h__dly"? "hardly"?? perhaps?? but i really dont know.

also. to me the letter before the single "l" on the fourth line looks like possibly a "d" the first letter of that line could maybe be a "b" or "h" there is also the slight hint of the letter following the "l" swooping below the other letters. since usually i would assume a "y" would follow "dl" (better than "g","j","p"or "q") that would be my guess... "h__dly"? "hardly"?? perhaps?? but i really dont know.

Someone on reddit already came up with that so it's very possible... looks good to me but god (GRRM) only knows what the rest of it says~

[mod] After some consideration, the moderators here have decided that we don't want further posts on what exactly may be behind the redaction, at least for now. We want to avoid spoilering people and to establish whether the material in question is something GRRM would rather were kept secret. Thank you. [/mod]

Archived