Small Questions v. 10096

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Just finished AGOT reread and this bit at the end of Jon's last chapter had me wondering why he didn't mention Sansa or Rickon.

I'm wondering if this is some potential foreshadowing that he will help Sansa and Rickon later in the series.

Are there any threads out there about it as I can't find any with this quote in it?

Those were his favorites. Sansa not so much and Rickon was just a wee babe. Jon wasn't so good with wee babes. Can you imagine him as a babysitter? You'd be like to come home and find the wrong baby in the crib with Jon and Satin sitting on the sofa sharing a nice cabernet.

^^

Arya was his favorite. Robb was starting a war, and Bran was a cripple. From Jon's point of view, they needed help. (Although in my opinion, Rickon got the worst deal, for a child so young). Jon may not be worried about Sansa because they never had a close relationship, right. But he asks Tyrion to tell Rickon he can have his(Jon's) room and all his stuff at Winterfell. he says so much Tyrion suggestes writing a letter, to which Jon replies Rickon can't read yet. Bran remembers Rickon asked incessantly about Jon during the feast of Winterfell, that Bran had to tell Rickon why Jon was not at their table ('cos he is a bastard). And when Rickon walks down for the feast, he stops near Jon. I think all this shows that Jon and Rickon had a good relationship, and Jon was caring and loving towards his baby brother. Not babysitter level, but a very good elder brother level, to be sure.

I came here to ask this:

Does Sansa know Joffrey is not the son of Robert? At least at the beginning of CoK, she thinks 'Joffrey is as much Baratheon as Lannister'. Does she hear about Stannis's letter?

I came here to ask this:

Does Sansa know Joffrey is not the son of Robert? At least at the beginning of CoK, she thinks 'Joffrey is as much Baratheon as Lannister'. Does she hear about Stannis's letter?

Even if she hadn't heard about Stannis's letter, she should be aware of the incest allegations. At the start of the Riot of King's Landing, the woman who stood before the royal procession calls Cersei both "Kingslayer's whore" and "brotherfucker"

In FFC Petyr said about three queens. Who is the third?

Its a topic of debate and you may find separate threads on it. I don't have any links, sorry.

I think the queens are Cersei, Margaery and Dany (Petyr hear about her from the sailors in Gulltown. He says the sailors have told him some interesting tales). But it is also possible that Petyr means to make Sansa Queen of the North and Riverlands, so that Sansa becomes the third queen. In GoT, Ned speaks of some 'claim' he had to the Iron Throne. I know of no textual evidence, even from WOIAF, to show that Stark kids have Targaryen blood, but if they do, then Sansa can actually be made the queen of 7K. Of course, she can also be queen by marrying Aegon after annuling her marriage to Tyrion.

Yet another possibility for the third queen is Myrcella. Since the crowning of Myrcella caused quite a ruckus in Dorne, Petyr might have heard of it.

People also theorize that the queens are Cersei, Sansa and Dany or some different combination of the five ladies mentioned. Because neither Cersei nor Margaery is in a very good state of affairs at the moment.

And during War of Five Kings there were also queen of Iron Islands : Alannys Harlaw and queen in the North : Jeyne Westerling.

Yet neither was still Queen when LF said his line, as their Kings had already died.

Its a topic of debate and you may find separate threads on it. I don't have any links, sorry.

I think the queens are Cersei, Margaery and Dany (Petyr hear about her from the sailors in Gulltown. He says the sailors have told him some interesting tales). But it is also possible that Petyr means to make Sansa Queen of the North and Riverlands, so that Sansa becomes the third queen. In GoT, Ned speaks of some 'claim' he had to the Iron Throne. I know of no textual evidence, even from WOIAF, to show that Stark kids have Targaryen blood, but if they do, then Sansa can actually be made the queen of 7K. Of course, she can also be queen by marrying Aegon after annuling her marriage to Tyrion.

Yet another possibility for the third queen is Myrcella. Since the crowning of Myrcella caused quite a ruckus in Dorne, Petyr might have heard of it.

People also theorize that the queens are Cersei, Sansa and Dany or some different combination of the five ladies mentioned. Because neither Cersei nor Margaery is in a very good state of affairs at the moment.

Ned's only claim, as well as Jon Arryn's only claim, as far as we know, were the claims of Conquest. Only Robert had both a claim of Conquest, and a claim of blood.

Yet neither was still Queen when LF said his line, as their Kings had already died.

Same as for Cersei.

eta: So aside from once queens (above) and future queens (Sansa or Myrcella or ...) that leaves:

Margaery (the once and future queen), Selyse (hearts on fire) and Dany (bowels on fire? ;) ).

Same as for Cersei.

eta: So aside from once queens (above) and future queens (Sansa or Myrcella or ...) that leaves:

Margaery (the once and future queen), Selyse (hearts on fire) and Dany (bowels on fire? ;) ).

True about Cersei. But Cersei is still referred to as a Queen on multiple occasions, and rules as a Queen Regent. That counts for something.

Margaery seems likely to be one of the three queens. Married to three kings in total, there was only little time where she wasn't a queen, it would seem, since her first marriage,

IMO, Cersei is likely another one, as the insistence of the keeping of the title Queen remains..

And Daenerys seems likely to be the third one. I wouldn't put it past LF to have learnt about her.

These are the three queens who actually have some power.. Selyse not so much, as far as war is concerned. There, Stannis is still in command.. Cersei is capable of sending out armies, as is Dany, and Margaery only has to say a few words before her father or brothers mount an attack. Selyse, not so much, I think.

Jeyne is not only no longer a queen, her husbands kingdom no longer truly exists. I doubt she is meant here. She might become more prominent again, but not in the sense that LF means here, as he makes his statement as Jeyne is still stuck at Riverrun, under siege.

Alysanne Harlaw... broken of mind, I doubt that LF expects her to play any part in "destroying the peace"...

As for Sansa.. Sansa is no queen.. The Starks have no Targaryen blood, as far as is known to us (and any introduction of Targaryen blood in the Stark family tree might be a bit late, now). And even if they did, there are others with a better blood claim. And I highly doubt LF to know anything about Aegon, so making her a queen through marriage seems to be not in his current plans either. Whatever LF's plans with Sansa are at the moment, LF is speaking about three queens who will destroy whatever little peace the five Kings have left behind.. He's telling Sansa this, and the way he's saying it, I don't get the feeling that he's speaking about Sansa to Sansa.

Myrcella, is not a queen, at the moment.. Could she potentially become a queen, at some point? Sure. But LF is speaking about three queens from now and Myrcella is not a queen now.

Archived