Small Questions v. 10096

Rhaenys_Targaryen

As far as I know we have no idea. I would assume that she also was cremated and interred with rest of her family. I don't really see Stannis as the kind of man to spite a dead woman's body.

In show he and Selyse have their own children in jars... but it's just show. The book's Stannis would never do that.

Do we know what Robert has done with bodies of Rhaegar, Aerys, Rhaegar's children, Elia and what Stannis has done with Rhaella's ?

As said by others, Rhaegar was cremated.

I once asked Ran about Elia and the children, and he didn't knew. He didn't know if GRRM had thought of anything specific regarding that topic either.

Cremation sounds logical, though.

Same for Rhaella. She might have already been cremated before Stannis arrived, even.

As said by others, Rhaegar was cremated.

I once asked Ran about Elia and the children, and he didn't knew. He didn't know if GRRM had thought of anything specific regarding that topic either.

Cremation sounds logical, though.

Same for Rhaella. She might have already been cremated before Stannis arrived, even.

Didn't Jon Arryn go to Dorne? Maybe he took Elia's body back and Aegon and Rhaenys was cremated also.

Didn't Jon Arryn go to Dorne? Maybe he took Elia's body back and Aegon and Rhaenys was cremated also.

He did, but all the books mention is that he took Lewyns body with him, nothing about Elia or the kids....

He might have taken their ashes. Considering what happened to their bodies, I doubt Doran and Oberyn would have seen those

Heh, fair enough. I'm not one of those people who questions everything we're told.

I think it's clear he at least doesn't have his balls. Somebody would have noticed if he wasn't actually a eunuch.

Who, when? I would likely have dropped that suspicion along with a few others if GRRM had not been asked that question over the decades, too. I think the answer was along the lines of: Only Varys knows. iirc

Still startled by the notion that Varys might be a trained FM, he told us he was a mummer by trade, but so is Mercy. It had never ocurred to me. If this is a small question: are there any leads to Varys himself being a trained killer (on top of being a trained mummer and magician)?

How did he become a master of whisperers?

I mean, not in office, we know that, but how did he build up his reputation to be eligible for office?

Somone out here know half a dozen of threads on the tracks of this?

Since when is Varys a trained magician?

Right, not magician, a true sorcerer is the word. Since Arya III:

"You are more than a juggler, old friend. You are a true sorcerer. All I ask is that you work your magic awhile longer." They started down the hall in the direction Arya had come, past the room with the monsters.

Why was Howland Reed able to kill/stop Arthur Dayne if he got his ass kicked by 3 squires??- or was his antics at Harrenhal somewhat of a ploy to get close to the Starks??

It is a mystery.

For once you should notice that between the first and second encounter, two years have passed. The second of which, so it seems, Howland may have spent fighting a whole war in Ned's company, so he might be a hardened battle fighter by now. But there is also a notable Lyanna-Howland connection. May there be more? See below...

A few more or less crazy theories are about.

• Howland was able to distract Arthur with a trick of his crannogman trade. Thrown a frog at him, cast a fishing net over him and pulled, thrown a poison dart in his face, anything on that line.

Howland may have used a word, truthful or triclsy, magical or not. Got something to have Arthur consider that to lose and die is the honourables thing he could do.

Howland may have had a connection to Arthur's sister Ashara since Harrenhal, too. Some crazier theories walk about that they might even have been married in secrecy, making Howland and Arthur kin. Discarding the idea a simple note being brought to Arthur from Ashara by way of Howland might have swayed odds, if there was an A+H and Arthur knew of it.

And maybe as simple as that, anything can happen in battle, it might just have been Arthur remembering the weakling of two years ago and underestimating him when fighting both Ned and Howland.

We first see the comet when news of Neds death arrives in the north. By then, Ned has been dead for days. We don't know when exactly the comet appears... Only that it coincides with the birth of Dany's dragons.

You're right, chronologically we can't conclude with what's in the books if the comet came before or after Ned's death. But GRRM may have give us hints, or at least symbols, with the sequence of the chapters. The comet is first mentioned in the fourth paragraph of the chapter immediately after Ned's death. Similarly, Bran wakes up in the chapter immediately after Lady's death.

Personally, I believe that Ned Stark's story & the Red Comet are forever bound together... If I am correct, then we will see the Red Comet return...

Regarding Varys: I believe that he is likely the most powerful sorcerer in existence, outside of Ashai... I also think he is a Faceless Man... When Arya is pouring for all the leaders of the Faceless Men in Bravos, there is one chair that is empty (if I remember correctly). I believe that this chair belongs to Varys...

Archived