Small Questions v. 10096

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Just gone on a GRRM spending Hedge Knights, Sworn Sword and all that.

Can anyone confirm if the Ice Dragon short story is set in Westeros, some sources say yes some say no. Really confused

There are people who will tell you it is. But they're cracked. It is definitely not Westeros. He wrote that story like 15 years before Game. Of course some the ideas and concepts, the principal characters, and even the location sound familiar, but I'll bet you could say the same of most of his stories (eg see the threads comparing SanSan to Beauty and the Beast).

Can someone give me a quick brief overview of what Dance 2.0 is? Is it just dany vs (f)aegon??

Here are a couple of threads you can check out.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/85752-the-rundown-of-the-dance-of-dragons-20/

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/102561-the-rundown-of-the-dance-of-dragons-20-part-2-tpatq-spoilers/

So... do we know where Varys was from Tyrion's release to the ADWD epilogue? I always assumed he was just hiding in the dungeons in KL when I read but was wondering if i missed something.

As a side note, the show seems to be writing some fanfiction about him going to Essos with Tyrion, but that made me think maybe it was possible he did do so without Tyrion's (or the readers') knowledge?

I'm on my second read through of ACOK and in Jon III Craster mentions that he hasn't seen Benjen Stark and that the last rangers he saw were Waymar Royce's group. He then mentions that he heard Gared was beheaded. How does he have this information if hasn't seen any rangers since Royce's groups stopped by? Any ideas?

So... do we know where Varys was from Tyrion's release to the ADWD epilogue? I always assumed he was just hiding in the dungeons in KL when I read but was wondering if i missed something.

As a side note, the show seems to be writing some fanfiction about him going to Essos with Tyrion, but that made me think maybe it was possible he did do so without Tyrion's (or the readers') knowledge?

The books suggest KL (not necessarily the dungeons of the Red Keep though), as the birds are still active, and because of the mummer's play that goes on.

There is nothing in the books suggesting he went to Essos. The show taking Varys to Essos could be to stretch Tyrions storyline, as it seems Young Griff won't appear this season. And, of course, to link Varys and Illyrio, who haven't appeared in screen together since season 1..

I'm on my second read through of ACOK and in Jon III Craster mentions that he hasn't seen Benjen Stark and that the last rangers he saw were Waymar Royce's group. He then mentions that he heard Gared was beheaded. How does he have this information if hasn't seen any rangers since Royce's groups stopped by? Any ideas?

IIRC, Craster doesn't say that Waymar's was the last group he saw. He simply says that he had seen Benjen three yeas ago for the last time, and saw Waymar a year ago. There's nothing about 'last' group that he saw, leaving the possibility for more ranging groups in between.. like those send out after Benjen, who could have passed Craster and given him the news.

Archived