Small Questions v. 10096

Rhaenys_Targaryen

There's also the possibility that they knew of wargs in Westeros and feared their dragons being turned on them (I don't own the World book so if this is addressed there I apologize).

Is it ever stated how old the Blackfish is?

This is the closest that we have, I believe http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Years_after_Aegon%27s_Conquest/Calculations_Ages#Brynden_Tully

It was a prophecy that lannister gold would destroy them. Interestingly enough, the Lannisters gave a Valyrian family a huge sum of gold to buy Brightroar, so some people think the prophecy came true. The idea is that the family that sold Brightroar used the gold to hire a fm to assassinate a rival families pyromancers, and when enough pyromancers were dead the Doom was unleashed.

The other explanation for the Lannister gold prophecy is that it predicted Jamie killing Aerys with his gilded sword. It doesn't quite work because Viserys and Daenerys were still alive, but he did bring an end to the dragonkings, at least for now.

There's also the possibility that they knew of wargs in Westeros and feared their dragons being turned on them (I don't own the World book so if this is addressed there I apologize).

Is it ever stated how old the Blackfish is?

There is the interesting story of the Battle hill where the Hightower was raised that seems Valyrian in construct, and combining it with the Valyrians been so fearful against attacking Westeros and shunning it. My bet is - they tried to take Oldtown at some point, it could've not been a town yet even but something happend. I say children/wargs/greenseers happened. And they turned their dragons against them.

That's Ned POV. The not so cool thing about POV is that all is basically left to each POV interpretation. I reckon seeing the Mountain for the first time might be a shocker, even for a man used to see an amiable huge stableboy back home. Even more, when Gregor is fully armored and he's more muscled than Hodor, he might look bigger than he really is. I wonder if George will come with semicanon numbers comparing those towering beasts.

It is said his greatsword, Gregor's, is about 6 feet tall. Damn. The Greatjon's sword is said to be as long as a young Robb, so let's make it about 173cms. You can't wield a long sword if you are not sufficiently tall and strong, so I'll put the Greatjon very close to Gregor.

But yeh, I hope we see some essosi 8 feet tall as gladiators or sumthn.

Here's sumthn...

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Paezhar_zo_Myraq

:)

Besides the Prologues and Epilogues, do we get a POV Character death in his/her own POV-Chapter? I can't remember at the moment. For example Ned's death was witnessed by Arya/Sansa, Oakheart's by Arianne and so on.

Nope. The closest we came was Catelyn and she didn't stay dead.

Besides the Prologues and Epilogues, do we get a POV Character death in his/her own POV-Chapter? I can't remember at the moment. For example Ned's death was witnessed by Arya/Sansa, Oakheart's by Arianne and so on.

Pate. And Cressen. Chett dies only after his chapter ends, IIRC. And Varamyr dies, by his inner self immediately transfers, keeping him kind of alive, so he doesn't count

after the events that led to the hound being burnt, did he keep his life long dream of killing his brother to himself and a few people or was it an openly known thing that all the hound dreamed and lived for was killing his brother?

Hmm, he must have told Elder Brother, we know he told Arya and Sansa. But he explicitly forbade Sansa to talk about the true nature of having burned his face, so it cannot be "openly known". Brienne knows from EB.

Hmm, he must have told Elder Brother, we know he told Arya and Sansa. But he explicitly forbade Sansa to talk about the true nature of having burned his face, so it cannot be "openly known". Brienne knows from EB.

thank you, it makes sense that it was selective as the mountain doesn't seem the type to take that kind of bad mouthing without some sort of retaliation and now onto the Elder brother part, even on his death bed i don't feel that Sandor would be big on last words and regret speeches, don't you think it sounds a lot out of character?

thank you, it makes sense that it was selective as the mountain doesn't seem the type to take that kind of bad mouthing without some sort of retaliation and now onto the Elder brother part, even on his death bed i don't feel that Sandor would be big on last words and regret speeches, don't you think it sounds a lot out of character?

For the Hound yes, but if Sandor is the grave digger, and I think we should assume he is, that sort of confession would be very much in character, no?

Archived