WHEEL OF TIME officially optioned for television

Werthead

32 minutes ago, fionwe1987 said:

Nah, I knew it wouldn't be that. Harriet was very clear it wasn't going to be fresh writing about the world, just details from RJ's notes. We knew it would be like a bigger, series spanning version of the glossary that's in the books. I just had no idea how little fresh info there would be for most entries.

You must have been the only one who got that memo then, cause I remember people in here talking it up as The History of TWOT for moths before release.

22 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

You must have been the only one who got that memo then, cause I remember people in here talking it up as The History of TWOT for moths before release.

Harriet had always said it was going to be an encylopedia, not a history. I definitely would have liked it better as a history, but they never claimed it would be that.

But, talking of fanboy writing, we are going to get yet another bit of Sanderson-WoT fanboy writing, it seems. A deleted set of chapters from aMoL which has Perrin and the Ogier cleansing the Ways. It makes no sense, but its going to be published in an anthology now. :/

1 hour ago, fionwe1987 said:

Harriet had always said it was going to be an encylopedia, not a history. I definitely would have liked it better as a history, but they never claimed it would be that.

But, talking of fanboy writing, we are going to get yet another bit of Sanderson-WoT fanboy writing, it seems. A deleted set of chapters from aMoL which has Perrin and the Ogier cleansing the Ways. It makes no sense, but its going to be published in an anthology now. :/

Well encyclopedia does not equal glossary, so I'd call that a misdirection at the very least.

A second edition of the world book that fixed the bad artwork and had better maps would be great. Seanchan is much smaller than Jordan described, it especially in the southern hemisphere; it should just out much further to the east, explaining why the Seanchan crossed the Aryth to invade Randland better (as it stands crossing the Morenal Ocean to Shara or sailing around Shara to land in Mayene makes way more sense). Alas, I don't think we're going to get it.

Malazan is probably the fantasy series in most need of a companion volume at present.

Archived