[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

I really think that Sansa will tell Randa about kissing The Hound and discuss men, desire, sex. And Sansa character development will include her feelings for him and her own sexuality, which is linked strongly to Sandor. She has already dreamt of him in her bed, but awoke before anything happened and also being inexperienced she doesn't really have much knowledge of what would happen, Randa won't spare the details though and Sansa will have plenty of material to be going on for her sexual fantasy/dream/wank all three maybe? But yes I think it will be Sansa developing her sexuality. Which will be controversial to some, but which has had the foundations lain already in the text, if you have been open to seeing them. And it would please some sansa fans for sure.

Right, this is beyond set up to happen. It's been building to it, the sexual tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. Make that a dagger. :leer:

She's going on 14, and there's nothing unique about Sansa, only fast girls like Dany wank, well, no, sorry, most girls do. And it's not like she hasn't been obsessing about the guy.

I agree there is repeated Lady references. I see the Jon ellement of her Alayne Character is there to inform the reader she is a Stark through and through. Just like her thinking she is the daughter of Eddard & catelyn, and the blood of winterfell. building the snow castle, lamenting the lack of a heart tree, she is pulling on her roots to give her strength and I agree she definitely pulls on Sandor & the memories of his strength and protection too.I don't think it is any coincidence that Sandor feels "northern" to so many readers. She is without doubt thinking about sandor and her when she is talking about Mya & Lother. the reference there is subtle but clear. There are so many references to him in her storyline that it is very obvious their stories are interlinked and integral to one anothers.

Also note Linda clarifying that they were thinking of the people who are super invested in the books, and who are very fixed in their views of certain characters. A LOT of people are absolutely invested in their view of Sansa as being a child. and not in any way sexual. Just a thought.

People think Sansa is bi-sexual? It would certainly fit with the shocking character development that is perhaps not a big deal. That would be great. Everyone expects the tomboy to be gay, turns out its her uber-feminine sister. And you could argue the show hinted at it, there is tons online about Sansa and Marge chemistry and the 'some girls like other girls' comment.

It would fit with Sansa only really loving the idea of a prince rather than feeling love itself. Sansa is clearly not in love with Joffrey at any point. She's more in love with the idea of being a Queen and being a lady in a song. I don't think she is in love with Sandor either but that may get me in a fight. :box:

It was, I mean I don't know how much you want to say...

I don't want to go into details.

No.. but nothing like that, it was a character development thing.

It was character development, and some stuff that...

That surprised us a little bit...

Yeah... but in retrospect maybe...

But in retrospect maybe it shouldn't have...

And as I told people at the time, I think it's controversial in some quarters. It's not like everyone will go "Oh my god" but there will be some people who will, I think. And yet I'm thinking of the deep hard core fans, the people who read this as much as we do, who kind of think about it as much as we do and...

And who invest themselves very much in certain views of characters.

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68S55PkAtQ at 42:00

Also note Linda clarifying that they were thinking of the people who are super invested in the books, and who are very fixed in their views of certain characters. A LOT of people are absolutely invested in their view of Sansa as being a child. and not in any way sexual. Just a thought.

That's what I think, too. You see that a lot. Kind of a paternalistic view...

People think Sansa is bi-sexual? It would certainly fit with the shocking character development that is perhaps not a big deal. That would be great. Everyone expects the tomboy to be gay, turns out its her uber-feminine sister. And you could argue the show hinted at it, there is tons online about Sansa and Marge chemistry and the 'some girls like other girls' comment.

It would fit with Sansa only really loving the idea of a prince rather than feeling love itself. Sansa is clearly not in love with Joffrey at any point. She's more in love with the idea of being a Queen and being a lady in a song. I don't think she is in love with Sandor either but that may get me in a fight. :box:

The show seems to have been hinting that Margaery may be bisexual or lesbian (there, in with the Brienne scene), not Sansa, who wasn't the one making the comment. Which could also be true in the books - unlike Sansa's sexuality, which we get some insight on with her thoughts (which make it pretty clear she's not gay... though technically she could be bisexual,), we know nothing of Marg's sexuality in the books.

I don't think there are many people who expect Arya to be gay.

The show seems to have been hinting that Margaery may be bisexual or lesbian (there, in with the Brienne scene), not Sansa, who wasn't the one making the comment. Which could also be true in the books - unlike Sansa's sexuality, which we get some insight on with her thoughts (which make it pretty clear she's not gay... though technically she could be bisexual,), we know nothing of Marg's sexuality in the books.

I don't think there are many people who expect Arya to be gay.

There is a good subset of fans who use worrying 'Tomboys give up their womanhood' rhetoric. Bizarrely implying Lesbians aren't women and that if you like 'boy' things you must be 'like a boy' sexually. Then there are the 'She's killed people, she can never love, she's a lost hope' people. Never got that view either.

I referred to the Marge scene because people are insinuating that Sansa and Myranda Royce may share a bed. Sansa is very repressed, and there was more to those TV scenes than meets the eye I think. People have made the pigface and horseface connection and those characters never met! Of course, Marge is referring 'generally' in their conversation but if the controversial chapter is Myranda Royce giving Sansa a sexual awakening it takes on a new meaning. She's opening Sansa's mind to the possibility of being different.

Can someone clarify to me what there is in the books that hints at sansa being bi/gay? the clip is clear, the surprise shouldn't have been that much of a surprise in retrospect, meaning the clues are there already.

Don't give me the show, I give less than a rats fart about what Douchbag & Dickwadd do, there "interpretation" means nothing as they prove time and again with the way they utterly alter characters personalities, motivations ect.

No one here has been talking about that. Myranda isn't "giving" Sansa her sexual awakening, Sansa has been having that all along. That's a very personal thing, no one gives that to you. It's yours. However you want to do it. And she's been focused on Sandor Clegane, it's all over the pages. Start with book one and work your way through, it gets really good in book 2, and then goes into overdrive in books 3 and 4.

Can someone clarify to me what there is in the books that hints at sansa being bi/gay? the clip is clear, the surprise shouldn't have been that much of a surprise in retrospect, meaning the clues are there already.

Don't give me the show, I give less than a rats fart about what Douchbag & Dickwadd do, there "interpretation" means nothing as they prove time and again with the way they utterly alter characters personalities, motivations ect.

Or it shouldn't have shocked them so much because 'Why couldn't she be bisexual?' People with a set view of the character wouldn't expect that in the slightest.

People think this:

Even Lady Myranda began to yawn and complain of being weary. "We have apartments prepared for all of you," she told Alayne, "but if you like you may share my bed tonight. It's large enough for four."

"I should be honored, my lady."

"Randa. Count yourself fortunate that I'm so tired. All I want to do is curl up and go to sleep. Usually when ladies share my bed they have to pay a pillow tax and tell me all about the wicked things they've done."

"What if they haven't done any wicked things?"

"Why, then they must confess all the wicked things they want to do. Not you, of course. I can see how virtuous you are just by looking at those rosy cheeks and big blue eyes of yours." She yawned again. "I hope your feet are warm. I do hate bedmaids with cold feet."

Quoted in page 1. Reflects Sansa being taught by Myranda to lure Harry. But it could equally be her being flirty. Didn't her husband die on his wedding night? Its possible that Myranda and 'Alayne' have a liason and Sansa likes it.

No one here has been talking about that. Myranda isn't "giving" Sansa her sexual awakening, Sansa has been having that all along. That's a very personal thing, no one gives that to you. It's yours. However you want to do it. And she's been focused on Sandor Clegane, it's all over the pages. Start with book one and work your way through, it gets really good in book 2, and then goes into overdrive in books 3 and 4.

She has some kind of fixation with him. I don't think its love, at least not yet. Ready for my fight :box:

I think it was written as a love story, and I think they've both shown love for each other. You can call it what you like...

She's shown love for him, she thinks about him all the time, and says she understands him. And he loves her. He risked his life for her and sobbed about her with his dying breath, never once thinking about himself, just her.

She has some kind of fixation with him. I don't think its love, at least not yet. Ready for my fight :box:

You would at least admit though she likes him better than corned beef sandwiches, right? I thought we established that. Maybe not better than lemon cakes, at present, but better than corned beef sandwiches isn't too shabby. :P

I like to base theories on things that make sense within the context of the text. Not just it is possible. Randa is asking her to come share her bed so that they can gossip about sexuality. Of course it might be a fiendish plan to get her to have sex with her, this is always possible, most things people suggest are possible. But I'm interested in what is probable.

You would at least admit though she likes him better than corned beef sandwiches, right? I thought we established that. Maybe not better than lemon cakes, at present, but better than corned beef sandwiches isn't too shabby. :P

I think she'd take a kiss from Sandor over a whole plate of corned beef sandwiches.

So you're basing the theory on the fact it is possible?

Well we don't know for sure where its going to go so right now everything is 'possible' but we do have set up for it. 'Usually when ladies share my bed...' how often do ladies grace Myranda's bed? She's not 10!

Better than corned beef sandwiches, corned beef hash is still debatable! :box: These boxing gloves are getting a work out tonight!

Archived