[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

Well, even if she were, Randa might get a little creeped out after Sansa says, "You know, something is not quite right here. I know, here do this: drink that flagon of wine over there, pour a little of it on your clothes, and talk with a really harsh voice, like steel on stone or something, and well, um, um, would you mine doing it in a white cloak?"

Sure sure I'll touch you there, but erm, would you mind burning half your face first. It's just something I like, ya know.

You care about this very much and I respect that. I do paraphrase a lot, I don't have a searchable text for the exact quotes. I never said that she projected niceness on him, she's using him as a proxy for her burgeoning sexuality. Quite what it says about her taste! Girl needs better men, or women if she is indeed inclined. Previously with Joffrey she was projecting her desires for the storybook romance where he kisses her hand and she gives him tourney hankerchiefs. It was sexless. She is older now, her needs have changed.

No, I'm saying that Sansa having sexy dreams about the Hound has no bearing on love. My sexy dreams about Henry Cavill are much the same. :drool: ;)

You teach me wisdom.

Yes, the Sansan fans care very much about that love story they hope for. And while I simply do not understand why they do I should respect that and refrain from being mean. It is their "baby" and their business.

Sorry

Well, even if she were, Randa might get a little creeped out after Sansa says, "You know, something is not quite right here. I know, here do this: drink that flagon of wine over there, pour a little of it on your clothes, and talk with a really harsh voice, like steel on stone or something, and well, um, um, would you mind doing it in a white cloak?"

Sweetrobin is loving this. We can stay in bed and kiss and you can read me a story about knights! She's even got her little mini Sandor there. And he's just as enchanted with her as the real one. I wonder if they ever meet, will he be jealous of Sandor, or just want to be him. He's the real deal.

Um, I had a thought. If she does share a bed with Myranda, and Myranda sees Sansa undress, then the fact that she's dyeing the hair on her head will become obvious, if you know what I mean.

However I don't see how that will become controversial so I'm hoping for something to do with Sandor.

She’d thought she was going to die then, but the fingers had twitched, all five at once, and the man had shrieked loud as a horse. When his hand fell away, another hand, stronger, shoved her back into her saddle. The man with the garlicky breath was on the ground, blood pumping out the stump of his arm, but there were others all around, some with clubs in hand. The Hound leapt at them, his sword a blur of steel that trailed a red mist as it swung. When they broke and ran before him he had laughed, his terrible burned face for a moment transformed.

^Heh, that one is very erotic.

No, I'm saying that Sansa having sexy dreams about the Hound has no bearing on love. My sexy dreams about Henry Cavill are much the same. :drool: ;)

You can't compare real life with a controlled enviroment like a story created by an author. Sansa has hundreds of dreams. But the author made us aware of the ones important, the one involving the Hound and how she feels about him. Because we are meant to know that he is important for her.

^Heh, that one is very erotic.

Sure is. He loves the phallic symbolism, and it's all over this story.

And he's wearing his white cloak, and there's a jagged tear in his left sleeve with blood seeping through it, and he says the little bird is bleeding. Which is also erotic, and he's wearing his heart on his sleeve.

Sure is. He loves the phallic symbolism, and it's all over this story.

And he's wearing his white cloak, and there's a jagged tear in his left sleeve with blood seeping through it, and he says the little bird is bleeding. Which is also erotic, and he's wearing his heart on his sleeve.

And Sandor is laughing, his face transformed. It's very close to ecstasy after he pulls out his sword and make others bleed with it.

He didn't say "I should have raped her." That's a misquote.

"And the little bird, your pretty sister, I stood there in my white cloak and let them beat her. I took the bloody song, she never gave it. I meant to take her too. I should have. I should have fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out before leaving her for that dwarf".[3]

Not as blunt as "I should have raped her", but seemingly just as much aggressive intention.

I agree with AryaNymeriaVisenya's point that Sansa is romanticizing her encounter with Sandor, because she is beginning to develop sexually. I do agree that she's clearly attracted to Sandor, but I think she's remembering him and their relationship from a very skewed, and romanticized perspective. We know Sansa can romanticize, so this isn't unusual. It would be kind of tragic if Sansa built up this inner relationship with the hound, hoping one day to find the man again, and he turns out to be quite dead.

We've all read the line. Now let's take it in context.

Sandor is Sansa's knight, that's the way she sees it, too. He risked his life to protect her from rapists, he calls them rats, she wishes he was there when Cersei scares her about rapists, she thinks he's there again to save her from Marillion, etc. Here, he thinks Tyrion has raped Sansa. The same guy who sent him out in the fire, that's what led to him leaving Sansa. And he's literally floored by the news. He nearly loses the fight, and he's badly wounded, and he's dying, and he's in a lot of pain, and he tries to get Arya to kill him.

Only Arya just took the Hound off her list, and she calls him Sandor when she did that. She's conflicted, and she can't bring herself to kill him. And she thinks just before he asks her to kill him, if she just rode off "I wouldn't have to kill him." And he sees her hesitate. So he's got to try to get her to kill him anyway. He tries a couple of things. Do you remember where the heart is? He calls her a coward. And then he says, do you mean to make me beg? And he does. He is goading Arya, trying to get her to kill him.

He truly regrets the mistakes he has made, but he words them in the worst possible way. And most of all he blames himself for leaving Sansa, for Tyrion (that dwarf) to rape her (so he fears) and kill her. This is what Robb said would happen: "they'll kill Sansa too once the dwarf gets a child from her." This is about "leaving her for that dwarf" to do those things. Like Sandor, Robb had a very strong response to the news, too, he wants to cut off Tryion's head. Sandor's heart is breaking in this scene. It's about love.

Also, even the show director, who knows what this all means, because he asked the ones who know, and they told him, said this: "He's saying all that really mean stuff, but what he's really saying is I love you." There, short and sweet.

"And the little bird, your pretty sister, I stood there in my white cloak and let them beat her. I took the bloody song, she never gave it. I meant to take her too. I should have. I should have fucked her bloody and ripped her heart out before leaving her for that dwarf".[3]

Not as blunt as "I should have raped her", but seemingly just as much aggressive intention.

That quote is full of many things. Aggression? Yes. But it is also regret, destruction, angst, passion, devastation, desire, sorrow. This is a man 'dying' and it is an emotionally jumbled mess of his grief and misery. "You know where the heart is?" That is his heart and it is a heart in pain.

Archived