[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

LF wants Sansa to charm Harry into falling for her and wanting to marry her, not to get Harry to have sex with her, which would be completely detrimental to the plan to have him marry her. Harry is a womanizer, if he had sex with her she'd be another conquest and he would treat her the same as the previous ones. "Why buy a cow if you can have the milk for free", to put it in crude sexist terms. Aside from the fact that she needs her virginity to annul her marriage to Tyrion, any sex act, even one that would technically leave her a virgin, or even any extensive knowledge about sex pre-wedlock, would make her a "soiled" bride in Westerosi society eyes. It's already unlikely that HtH would want to marry someone he thinks is a bastard; he definitely wouldn't want a "soiled" bastard bride, especially one he could have anyway.

To get Harry to want to marry her, Sansa/Alayne needs to be beautiful, ladylike, charming, appear as an innocent blushing maiden - as LF has said, it should be easy for her; he doesn't think she needs to learn anything, just be herself - and play hard to get. This would both make her a viable bride, and attract Harry. Harry is not Robb Stark, LF doesn't expect him to want to marry Alayne to preserve her "honor", he clearly doesn't care about that one bit, he already got two girls pregnant. The only way to make someone like him want to marry her without knowing she's Sansa Stark, is to make him want her but make sure he knows he's not getting any unless they marry or before the wedding.

This is all getting to be a bit much - in a good way! Need TWOW!

• 3 weeks later...

My vote is still going for Sansa paying an interesting pillow tax to Randa and maybe getting some good advice on contraception as well. I'm with the rest of y'all that Sandor is coming back into the picture, just not sure when.

:agree: I think she will also make some sort of clear declaration in her thoughts about what she wants. So far, she is training to be a player, but she doesn't have a plan to achieve. Once she knows what she wants, she can drive her plot in a new direction.

I'm a Sansa fan and I get flack for it from GoT fan-friends who think she's worthless.

What I like about Sansa is her potential and the contrast that potential provides her from what she was to what she could be.

She was raised in Winterfell, so she will always be a Wolf, yet she has had so many mentors since arriving to Kings Landing who are so unlike her Mother and Father and that is what makes her potential character arch so amazing. Cersei, the Hound, Littlefinger, all teaching her, directly and indirectly, the Game of Thrones.

I suspect Sansa fans, like myself, love the idea of Sansa Stark rising from her Kings Landing torment and disillusion like a Phoenix from the ashes to descend on her enemies in the final arch of the over all story with great and terrible power. With Arya on her way to becoming an elite assassin, and Jon Snow on the verge of fulfilling some great destiny, I'm hoping Sansa is there to meet them wielding all the power of the Knights of the Vale (or whatever army), combined with all her political cunning which I suspect she is still hiding from people (Littlefinger) who think they may be using her, when its the other way around.

This is all getting to be a bit much - in a good way! Need TWOW!

I believe Sweet Robin is actually LF son. I mean no way he is of Jon Arryn's seed. I believe he will do the same with Sansa. Marry her off for capital & land gains then implant his seed in her so there are no suspicions...

Up to now, she has seen/learned things from Catelyn,Ned,Cersei and Littlefinger mainly,but now she will embrace them and adjast them to her character.I think the first change is her becoming more seductive,realise her beauty and manage to gain Harry's heart.It will be a sequel from her arc of FFC where she become Robert's "mother".

I believe Sweet Robin is actually LF son. I mean no way he is of Jon Arryn's seed. I believe he will do the same with Sansa. Marry her off for capital & land gains then implant his seed in her so there are no suspicions...

That's what he wants to do, no doubt. Doens't mean he will manage to do it, though.

Wondering if we will get that "Sansa" chapter released before GOT Season 5 starts on HBO....

GRRM has said there will be no more teaser chapter releases. And going by the trailer, Sansa's storyline this season has nothing to do with her book story, so there is no reason to release it. I guess that will make the spoilerophobes happy.

First post so please be gentle, and forgiving if I cross the lines about posting on the show rather than the books.

However, teasers for the show suggest Sansa may take some of the LS role in S5 (possibly encouraged by LF), which is indeed divergent from the books. Maybe she's the one who sends Brienne after Jaime in the show, I don't know.

I think it's unlikely the show and the books will diverge too radically, though; and Sophie Turner has hinted that the controversial scene is in S5. So I think it's unlikely to be part of the conflation of her screen-role with book-LS, because I think the controversial scene is in both S5 and TWOW, maybe different in detail but the same in big-picture terms. Rather, I think it will be part of the "joint canon", and I think it will be to do with her developing sexuality.

I hear the San-San theories, and there may well be more to come on that front in due course (I suspect there will but not until ADOS); but I think something that's made it into S5 but not the books yet will be more like her using her sexuality to manipulate LF in some way. Her destiny cannot be to marry Harry; the original plan for her character was for her to betray her Stark heritage in favour of her Lannister marriage (to her later bitter regret), though GRRM's thinking has clearly evolved since then.

I doubt it goes so far as her seducing LF - the phrase "knocking at an open door" springs to mind. However I think at the start of S5 she will still be to an extent in LF's power (as hinted in the teasers), and by the end of it he - if still alive - will be very much in hers.

What this means for the real story (sorry, but the books are the real story :-) ) is hard to say, other than she will rebel against LF's plans for her vis-a-vis Harry, maybe by going further than we feel comfortable with in flirting with LF to get her way.

I could, of course, be completely wrong: maybe she marries Harry, kills Sweetrobin and uses that to discredit LF in the eyes of the Lords. But that seems an awful lot of meat to put in S5 when it hasn't been in the books yet, and somehow I think GRRM has something less obvious in store for us...

First post so please be gentle, and forgiving if I cross the lines about posting on the show rather than the books.

However, teasers for the show suggest Sansa may take some of the LS role in S5 (possibly encouraged by LF), which is indeed divergent from the books. Maybe she's the one who sends Brienne after Jaime in the show, I don't know.

I think it's unlikely the show and the books will diverge too radically, though; and Sophie Turner has hinted that the controversial scene is in S5. So I think it's unlikely to be part of the conflation of her screen-role with book-LS, because I think the controversial scene is in both S5 and TWOW, maybe different in detail but the same in big-picture terms. Rather, I think it will be part of the "joint canon", and I think it will be to do with her developing sexuality.

She didn't say that the controversial scene is in season 5. She said that there is a traumatizing scene in season 5. There's nothing to suggest that the "traumatizing scene" in season 5 has anything to do with the "controversial chapter" in TWOW, and it's even less likely now, since the new trailer suggests that season 5 is making a massive divergence from Sansa's book story (whether or not it will continue with her TWOW story in season 6) -

Sansa is, for whatever reason, in Winterfell at some point in season 5, while we know that the "controversial chapter" takes place in the Vale.

Fair points all, and it will be interesting to see how semantic the distinction between "controversial" and "traumatising" is :-) Your point on location is well made, and Sansa may well have both controversial and traumatising things ahead of her...

Funny thing is, when I first read the comment about a "controversial" chapter I immediately assumed it was San-sturbation. I think Sansa will come to grips with her sexuality privately at first, just as she has dealt with everything else in a private way. When/if she does get in bed with someone, I don't think she'll be all blushing and shy. She'll be like, "look, this is how I like it." :-)

Or maybe I just really want that, because I'll have trouble stomaching any other kind of Sansa sex scene.

If she ever gets raped or coerced or even has to lay there and take in a marriage of convenience, I'm going to throw up and burn the book.

Sansa is and should always be the boss of her personal space.

In other news, I don't think the WoW chapter we're talking about has anything to do with Sansa's S5 material. I think she's going to be taking a Manderly-esque roll in S5 and it's going to be awhile before her show storyline and book storyline get back together. Honestly it seems like the Vale is probably going to be more of a Sansa-the-Player training ground than a place of real importance. Like the HoBaW for Arya. I say this because based on Westerosi history it seems like the Vale is pretty much never strategically significant, except as backup to several other armies, such as during Robert's Rebellion. Holding the Vale isn't actually that strategic, it's just a really good place to hide out. It's like the Switzerland of Westeros.

But the content of S5 gives me hope that Sansa will eventually get back home to Winterfell--perhaps as Rickon's ward? Or Lady of Winterfell in her own right once the Northern lords decide Rickon is too wild to be a suitable lord? Not sure how that would work, but I think a lot of unexpected things will start happening in WoW.

GRRM has said there will be no more teaser chapter releases. And going by the trailer, Sansa's storyline this season has nothing to do with her book story, so there is no reason to release it. I guess that will make the spoilerophobes happy.

We don't even know what her book storyline is..........sadly. In fact we haven't even had a Sansa chapter published in nearly 10 years.

We don't even know what her book storyline is is..........sadly. In fact we haven't even had a Sansa chapter published in nearly 10 years.

Whatever it is, it certainly does not involve

going to Winterfell while the Boltons are in power and Stannis is marching on it.

And we certainly know that Sansa's chapter that Elio talked about happens in the Vale, since he said so, while Sansa's storyline in season 5 apparently involves her

going to Winterfell.

Archived