[TWoW Spoilers] Alayne I

Annara Snow

How much more trauma can Sansa go through? After all she had a front row seat to her Father's beheading on the orders of the boy she "loved". Her direwolf is killed. She is beaten repeatedly in King's Landing and insulted by the Queen. She is stripped in front of others, again on Joffrey's orders. She is forced into marriage with Tyrion. Dontos who she thought was her rescuer is killed in front of her eyes. And her Aunt Lysa tries to kill her. Her story arc has only gotten away from the "Sansa the eternal victim" in the time since Lysa's death.

I only started to like Sansa after her escape from KL. I hope that she doesn't go back to being a victim. So if it is something traumatic I hope that it's something like slitting LF's throat if he tries to take advantage of her.

Of course the question will be whether the books will start following the series since Sansa's storyline in the series has already changed from the storyline in the books. It would be a change of pace to see her become her Mother and Father's daughter.

So if it is something traumatic I hope that it's something like slitting LF's throat if he tries to take advantage of her.

I don't think the character development is traumatic.

I guess it will be about choice. Martin will finally allow her to choose which side she is.

She won't be forced to do something she will choose to act, and her decisions will be controversial.

Maybe not to you but to me beatings, seeing your father murdered, losing your family, having your crazy Aunt try to kill you, being stripped in public seems traumatic but then maybe I've led a quiet sheltered life.

Hmm, I wrote the answer absentmindedly, i didn't even understand you properly, so i'm sorry if my post makes little sense.

I will try again.

I hope that she doesn't go back to being a victim. So if it is something traumatic..

The OP made a good point, the chapter probably won't be traumatic at all because we know that in addition to be controversial the chapter will bring some enjoyment to lemoncake fans.

Then we have another comment from Elio e Linda to the trailer of season five. They say that the controversial chapter is about character development, in my opinion character development isn't necessarily traumatic, it might about choice, about the creation of her own agenda.

It was character development, and some stuff that...

That surprised us a little bit...

Yeah... but in retrospect maybe...

But in retrospect maybe it shouldn't have...

And as I told people at the time, I think it's controversial in some quarters. It's not like everyone will go "Oh my god" but there will be some people who will, I think. And yet I'm thinking of the deep hard core fans, the people who read this as much as we do, who kind of think about it as much as we do and...

And who invest themselves very much in certain views of characters.

They say also that the chapter will be controversial for a very little part of fandom, the super harde core fans. I don't think it's proper to assume that something traumatic will happen, not everyone will be surprised but it will be controversial for the super fans.

Maybe not to you but to me beatings, seeing your father murdered, losing your family, having your crazy Aunt try to kill you, being stripped in public seems traumatic but then maybe I've led a quiet sheltered life.

Anyway the stuff you listed is not controversial and we are supposed to discuss a controversial chapter. All normal people consider beating, humiliation and losing of family horrible things.
I would think about something slightly controversial and not something that is considered scandalous by everyone.

To become a player, Sansa should develop the courage for active intervention, not being nice all the time.

But I think she will still have to be Alayne for the time being, which means that she can't openly push any agenda of her own, nor do I think she might be able to formulate one for a while. To ever emerge as Sansa Stark, she needs strong support, and in that regard she is still crucially dependent on Littlefinger. Well, she could conceivably think of getting a second supporter from among those few who know her, but that might be a risky venture to start with, and I can't see how lemoncakes would fit in that kind of a scenario. Thus, rather than a proactive intervention, it could very well be a reactive intervention required to protect her current power base.

So, I would guess that Sansa uncovers a plot against Littlefinger, and uses poisoned lemoncakes to thwart it.

• 2 weeks later...

How much more trauma can Sansa go through?

LOL, never a good question to ask when GRRM's involved.

Seriously, though, upon rereading the quote...

It was character development, and some stuff that...

That surprised us a little bit...
Yeah... but in retrospect maybe...
But in retrospect maybe it shouldn't have...
And as I told people at the time, I think it's controversial in some quarters. It's not like everyone will go "Oh my god" but there will be some people who will, I think. And yet I'm thinking of the deep hard core fans, the people who read this as much as we do, who kind of think about it as much as we do and...
And who invest themselves very much in certain views of characters.

Which hardcore fans would be so personally invested in certain views of a character that they would take umbrage at a certain bit of character development?

Perhaps the mysterious Sansa chapter has her committing suicide. That'd definitely be controversial.

Suicide as "character development"? LOL

Which hardcore fans would be so personally invested in certain views of a character that they would take umbrage at a certain bit of character development?

Which would not? Going by the debates here and in other places, everyone is really, really invested in their views of Sansa (and other characters... quite a few hardcore fans took umbrage at Arya's behavior "Mercy"; character development of Tyrion and Dany in ADWD remains super-controversial...).

another nutty idea; what if the Mad Mouse will try to use the handsome hedge knight to seduce Alayne? The controversial part could be them kissing and her thinking about the Hound, or something of the sort.

Or kissing and NOT thinking about the Hound :D

another nutty idea; what if the Mad Mouse will try to use the handsome hedge knight to seduce Alayne? The controversial part could be them kissing and her thinking about the Hound, or something of the sort.

Or maybe Sansa accidentally drinks poison and has to vomit it out, in order to survive, and thinks about kissing Tyrion in order to puke.

Or maybe Sansa accidentally drinks poison and has to vomit it out, in order to survive, and thinks about kissing Tyrion in order to puke.

Aww, poor Tyrion.

In all seriousness the chapter will most likely involve Sandor in some way, shape or form.

I wonder if I recognize what that controversial thing is supposed to be about once I finally get to read that chapter. Wouldn't surprise me if I don't find anything at all, lol.

That would be hilarious. We read the whole book and can't find what the controversy is.:P

I wonder if I recognize what that controversial thing is supposed to be about once I finally get to read that chapter. Wouldn't surprise me if I don't find anything at all, lol.

Yeah to be honest pretty much anything and everything that could've been considered controversial was already covered in the previous books.

Archived