Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

do you know where in that video they talk about the sansa chapter? not really trying to watch the entire thing. also yes they had 4 trailers last year.

if we get an ice spider this season im gonna flip out. that would be too awesome

AdmiralKyrd, beat me to it haha. But yeah I understand not wanting to watch the whole thing. I wasn't paying super close attention it, just had it playing the background really.

I watched that video they did on the Season 5 trailer and they said they controversial chapter had to do with Sansa's character development and it wasn't really an event.

My comment was tongue-in-cheek because all of the debate whether she is going to Winterfell or not this season.

If such a character does indeed materialize, my guess is that it will be Manderly. ....I will say that even if turns out that Manderly was cast, I think he will be introduced at Winterfell.....

If Sansa travels outside the Vale, it would be to gather allies for her claim and revenge against the Frey's, and the first person she would go to is Manderly, one of the her families most loyal supporters and one of the big five houses in the North. The viewers know that Bolton knows Bran and Rickon are alive, plus Roose wouldn't wed Ramsey to Sansa and feel Lannister/Tyrell wrath. Therefore there are only three options, she stay in the Vale and plays the game safely behind its mountains, perhaps a plot will develop threatening her; she travels to White Harbor seeking alliances and commitment of past oaths, or she attempts to travel to Castle Black, hearing word of Stannis's presence, to seek his assistance.

BTW Seneti, Derek Lord's Spotlight CV confirms he'll be playing "Mallister Supporter". (The link to his CV can be found by looking up his name on the WOTW searchbar. It's in the article about him from back in the summer). He filmed with "various" directors. So yeah, he'll play a part in the election for sure and maybe afterwards as a talking head in the Greek Chorus of "I'm not so sure about this, Jon..." NW officers.

do you know where in that video they talk about the sansa chapter?

Starts around 42:10.

Doesn't sound good for people who were hoping this season would prompt GRRM to release a chapter to avoid it being spoiled by the show -- though I believe he indicated he wasn't going to do any more preview chapters anyway.

the show and the books had done some parallels and symbolism with the WW and Dany's ...be it the prologue and epilogue of AGOT or like in the show how the WW are always make a pattern like a spiral when they kill which we see in pilot and in season 3 ...we also had dany having pyre scenes and mhysa scenes where those are formed like a circle ...and both in books and shows we jump from jon and wall scenes to dany which will have a similarity in some manner ..

so i was thinking we know HardHome is in episode 8 and daznak in episode 9...we also know that jon sees something that scares the hell out of him from the Day in the life promo and i think this will be the reason why the NW and wildlings retreat to the boats like we see in the trailer ..

now what i think is what if Jon saw the Nights king on a giant ice spider which scares them and retreat in episode 8...and we will be having dany mount Drogon in episode 9..

dont you guys think it would be another parallel between the WW and Dany

I can't imagine they would have the ice spider on the show. It might look comical. I still can't believe 2 action packed episodes happening consecutively

I can't imagine they would have the ice spider on the show. It might look comical. I still can't believe 2 action packed episodes happening consecutively

I totally want an ice spider now!

Jon doesn't like WW but surely he is used to them by now. Unless they show up in huge numbers just WW is not something he has never seen before...so not so startling really. After all, getting the wildlings away from WW was exactly what the Hardhome mission was all about.

Jon doesn't like WW but surely he is used to them by now. Unless they show up in huge numbers just WW is not something he has never seen before...so not so startling really.

Has Jon seen White Walkers yet? I'm drawing a blank on when he might have seen them, but I'm probably just being dim. He fought the wights, not White Walkers, in Mormont's chambers; but he wasn't present for the attack on the Fist of the First Men.

Just to throw in here that the comment that Annara Snow attributed to Patchface about a character previously thought excluded being included was not actually by Patchface but was indeed by a fake Patchface and has since been removed.

I know, It's bloody confusing.

Or I know oh oh oh as Patchface would say.

And I want to see Manderly, I want to be surprised but my logical side is saying he's out and I hate it.

Just to throw in here that the comment that Annara Snow attributed to Patchface about a character previously thought excluded being included was not actually by Patchface but was indeed by a fake Patchface and has since been removed.

I know, It's bloody confusing.

Or I know oh oh oh as Patchface would say.

And I want to see Manderly, I want to be surprised but my logical side is saying he's out and I hate it.

Deepwood Motte

Yeh, you know i think its time for another episode of WW art, it seems to be in every odd season. Sigh ice spider would be awesome but it'd probably be bodies again.

Jon's seen a giant before so i don't imagine he'd be 'horrified' which is what that looks like in the trailer. Unless the giant is ripping people apart. Who knows maybe the WW attack when Jon is there. I always pictured it being after Jon had left, but it would be way more dramatic to have Jon there.

BTW Seneti, Derek Lord's Spotlight CV confirms he'll be playing "Mallister Supporter". (The link to his CV can be found by looking up his name on the WOTW searchbar. It's in the article about him from back in the summer). He filmed with "various" directors. So yeah, he'll play a part in the election for sure and maybe afterwards as a talking head in the Greek Chorus of "I'm not so sure about this, Jon..." NW officers.

I totally want an ice spider now!

Jon doesn't like WW but surely he is used to them by now. Unless they show up in huge numbers just WW is not something he has never seen before...so not so startling really. After all, getting the wildlings away from WW was exactly what the Hardhome mission was all about.

He has seen a WW between some trees and in the distance. I am sure this might be up close and in a large number so that might be pretty shocking. Especially if they are in some sort of formation or he sees the NK convert wights or someone. But cheese and all, I would also love an Ice Spider. It would be nice for the NK to ride something other than a dead horse. Even if neither happens, I am excited to have 2 consecutive big episodes

Archived