Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

Easiest thing in the world to shoot/edit that scene.

Arya wakes up looks around with scrunched up eyes and face.

Arya pov - Everything is blurry

Arya Starting to look panicked rubs her eyes and looks around again

Arya pov - Things are even worse and gradually fade to black.

Not necessary but you could add a final shot of her feeling around the room and bumping into things.

Arya going blind is a shocker in the books - I hope they don't intend to overlook it.

This would be kind of corny....hopefully in the interest of time they avoid having her blind for 2 episodes. She's obviously unblind in the book by the Mercy chapter...why even waste a second of screentime on something that doesn't go anywhere.

I really wouldn't care here if they leave this out, because to have her go blind, okay, "wow" it won't be the same wow as on the page...but then, how many episodes are you going to have her be blind before she gets her vision back? I don't know that they have the luxury of wasting episodes on something like that which is not really a major major piece of her story.

One and a half episodes.

This would be kind of corny....hopefully in the interest of time they avoid having her blind for 2 episodes. She's obviously unblind in the book by the Mercy chapter...why even waste a second of screentime on something that doesn't go anywhere.

How long did they waste on her tramping around the Riverlands?

How long did they waste on her tramping around the Riverlands?

That's different, that was their mini- Hound and Arya buddy comedy/adventure short film. Arya being blind doesn't have any TV appeal, there is nothing they can do with it from a visual perspective and it's a small part of her story...they make her blind as part of her training and then later they unblind her, so I don't see it as a big deal, really.

That's different, that was their mini- Hound and Arya buddy comedy/adventure short film. Arya being blind doesn't have any TV appeal, there is nothing they can do with it from a visual perspective and it's a small part of her story...they make her blind as part of her training and then later they unblind her, so I don't see it as a big deal, really.

You don't see it as a big deal because you already know that at some point she gets her vision back.

You don't see it as a big deal because you already know that at some point she gets her vision back.

Yes, but I also know the show only has 3 seasons, 2 seasons which are for the parts of the story not written yet, and so they can't waste much time on parts of the story that are totally tangential, like Arya being blinded.

They might do it, who knows, they have made some very odd choices, I only say that I wouldn't mind if they didn't do it, and think it would be difficult to make it work well because it would need several episodes then of her being blind before she regains her sight to be meaingful, if they did it only in 2 episodes it would come off as totally cheap sensationalism, OMG Arya is blind!!! and then the next episode we see her, she gets her sight back...that would be bad TV.

Yeah, that was very fun to watch !

With some luck, the Histories and Lore will be up soon as well !

Are people think Benjen as WW, or just Benjen? Because I would really kind of be unhappy to have him return at Hardhome as unBenjen.

I think, if Benjen shows up at Hardhome, he'll be himself. Maybe deep undercover among the wildlings, maybe in possession of some serious knowledge about the White Walkers, maybe just half frozen and starved... but himself I think.

I think the blindness works best if they intend to show the warging. They've barely featured any warging beyond Bran. So it'd be nice to finally see Nymeria and her pack and one way to link that together would be the show Arya warging the cat.

Trauma helped Bran unlock his abilities and so trauma could kick start Arya in the show. Warging is an important part of Arya's story because it links her to Nymeria and helps her retain her sense of self and not completely lose herself in no one.

I'm super behind on this season's news, but I keep seeing troubling rumors about Sansa replacing Jeyne Poole because Sophie allegedly shot scenes in Northern Ireland with Roose's actor and other people from that storyline, and because she's talked about a traumatic scene she had to shoot

Apologies if this was already brought up (which it most likely was), but what do you think? (Please say it isn't so! :()

Where'd you see that?

I'm super behind on this season's news, but I keep seeing troubling rumors about Sansa replacing Jeyne Poole because Sophie allegedly shot scenes in Northern Ireland with Roose's actor and other people from that storyline, and because she's talked about a traumatic scene she had to shoot

Apologies if this was already brought up (which it most likely was), but what do you think? (Please say it isn't so! :()

There's been nothing indicating that Sophie filmed with Michael McElhatton.

They and some other people went to a Killers concert together, but that doesn't mean anything other than they were all in town at the same time, which is hardly unusual on the show.

Archived