Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

What are you, the backseat moderator?

KonradSmith is one of, if not the most productive contributors to this thread and much of the information in the OP comes from him. This thread is his baby as much as mine.

Again, everybody, please stay friendly and ON TOPIC.

I already had to report one of you today and that's sad enough. Please don't make me do this again. :frown5:

I'm super behind on this season's news, but I keep seeing troubling rumors about Sansa replacing Jeyne Poole because Sophie allegedly shot scenes in Northern Ireland with Roose's actor and other people from that storyline, and because she's talked about a traumatic scene she had to shoot

Apologies if this was already brought up (which it most likely was), but what do you think? (Please say it isn't so! :()

That was a great hook on GRRM's part I could hardly wait until Dance to figure out what happened where that was going!

But how do you translate that into a visual medium?? Reading that suddenly Arya can't see at all is shocking. But there's no way to create that shock on screen: you have Maisie wake up, looking confused and saying "OMG,i can't see!". It's not a great twist for a TV show, IMO.

But how do you translate that into a visual medium?? Reading that suddenly Arya can't see at all is shocking. But there's no way to create that shock on screen: you have Maisie wake up, looking confused and saying "OMG,i can't see!". It's not a great twist for a TV show, IMO.

There are many ways to show that. Show Arya's perspective when she wakes up and her vision getting blurry before it finally goes dark

I think Arya will end this season by going blind. There isn't really time for it to happen before that as she got training to do, plus killing that guy down at the docks before episode 9. I could see her first assassination spanning over episodes 6 and 7, as I imagine episode 8 will be stuffed with other big things. Hardhome, for example. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave that the Purple Wedding treatment.

I am not with you here. Your points are all valid, and if the show would have more than 7 seasons ,which is simply ridicolously few, i would be with you, but this way there just wont be the time to unfold it so slowly.

Wasnt the Trant kill even already confirmed for this season? Eitherway, i think what will happen and what makes the most sense for the storytelling is to simplify her traiming and make her hit the end of adwd or even mercy this season, simply for times sake.

I am not with you here. Your points are all valid, and if the show would have more than 7 seasons ,which is simply ridicolously few, i would be with you, but this way there just wont be the time to unfold it so slowly.

Wasnt the Trant kill even already confirmed for this season? Eitherway, i think what will happen and what makes the most sense for the storytelling is to simplify her traiming and make her hit the end of adwd or even mercy this season, simply for times sake.

I vote for redubbing our naming here from "Mercy" to MercyCat. It is pretty clear that the show is merging some things with others in Arya's arc, and that what we have been calling Mercy is at least as much Arya's Cat sequence from the books as it is Mercy.

There are many ways to show that. Show Arya's perspective when she wakes up and her vision getting blurry before it finally goes dark

And then a voice saying "OMG, i can't see", while we look at a dark screen. Sorry, it sounds quite ridiculous and most importantly, not very shocking to me.

Gonna skip through the pages I've missed, but has the theory that Benjen might show up at Hardhome brought here ?

Actually, that's something that I can definitly see happen.

I was kinda wondering that. Would be a nice surprise, considering we know next to nothing about his current situation.

If he does appear, you'd need to include him in the "previously on..." prologue to remind unsullied who he is, however that would kind of spoil the surprise.

I was kinda wondering that. Would be a nice surprise, considering we know next to nothing about his current situation.

If he does appear, you'd need to include him in the "previously on..." prologue to remind unsullied who he is, however that would kind of spoil the surprise.

Yeah, but actually, if he survived that far North of the Wall, one of the most logical places to be is Hardhome, so who knows. And yeah, sadly, we might get his return spoiled by the previouslies.

By the way, people, the Fallen Roundtable is on youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YGTR8BCDTM

Are people think Benjen as WW, or just Benjen? Because I would really kind of be unhappy to have him return at Hardhome as unBenjen.

And then a voice saying "OMG, i can't see", while we look at a dark screen. Sorry, it sounds quite ridiculous and most importantly, not very shocking to me.

Easiest thing in the world to shoot/edit that scene.

Arya wakes up looks around with scrunched up eyes and face.

Arya pov - Everything is blurry

Arya Starting to look panicked rubs her eyes and looks around again

Arya pov - Things are even worse and gradually fade to black.

Not necessary but you could add a final shot of her feeling around the room and bumping into things.

Arya going blind is a shocker in the books - I hope they don't intend to overlook it.

Easiest thing in the world to shoot/edit that scene.

Arya wakes up looks around with scrunched up eyes and face.

Arya pov - Everything is blurry

Arya Starting to look panicked rubs her eyes and looks around again

Arya pov - Things are even worse and gradually fade to black.

Not necessary but you could add a final shot of her feeling around the room and bumping into things.

Arya going blind is a shocker in the books - I hope they don't intend to overlook it.

I really wouldn't care here if they leave this out, because to have her go blind, okay, "wow" it won't be the same wow as on the page...but then, how many episodes are you going to have her be blind before she gets her vision back? I don't know that they have the luxury of wasting episodes on something like that which is not really a major major piece of her story.

Archived