Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I was going over TristanSnow's posts today and noticed something:

The third scene, shot in on the lower part of the street is a scene that took a longer time to shoot. It is a tavern scene. Here we have the Faith Militants arrive from the marketplace down some steps to the entrance of a tavern. About a half stay at the tables that are in front of the tavern, surrounding the patrons that are sitting there while the other half goes into the tavern. A few moments’ later patrons flee the tavern and the Faith Militants start bashing the tables and the patrons of the tavern. When everyone flees, the Faith Militants proceed to brake open the barrels of vine and ale as it pours all over the streets.
The last scene shot that day was a scene in a narrow alley. At the beginning of the alley there are a few peasants (who are actually played by stunt guys) on the floor gambling. The faith militants come from the above and proceed to beat them and bust up the game.

The following day, shooting resumed in the narrow streets of King’s Landing… rrr… Dubrovnik. The first scene was of some Sparrows chasing an old guy from a brothel down the street. The man is nude, old and fat with a gray beard and as he is running away he is hit by the Sparrows on his back as they chant in unity: “Sinner!”.
The next scene, which took the rest of the day to shoot, was at the intersection in the city, where Littlefinger is walking with two bodyguards when he is confronted (ambushed) by the Faith Militant. Their leader is none other than Lancel Lannister, with his hair cut short. In the conversation they have, Littlefinger greets him as “Lancel Lannister” but he replies that it’s brother Lancel now; they abandon our surnames when we join the order. Brother Lancel than proceeds to tell Littlefinger how “his father weighs the sins of others on a scale, but that his mother forgives those that repent. After a short conversation, he lets Littlefinger pass.

All the above described scenes were filmed for the third and fourth episode of season 5. The director was Mark Mylod.

In summation:
EP 1 - Cercei arrives at the Sept
EP 3 & 4 - Faith Militants destroying a pub, Littlefingers brothel, a gambling game, a merchant selling "false Gods" is beaten; Littlefinger encounter with Loras, King Tommen trying to go to the Sept and being turned away
EP 7 - Lady Olenna coming out of the Sept and receiving some scroll
EP 10 – The Walk

Tristan looks more legit all the time. If what he says is true, Littlefinger would almost surely not be going to Winterfell before KL.

Erm excuse me you can;t leave a bitch hanging. Explain your theory :dunce:

murr

I was going over TristanSnow's posts today and noticed something:

Tristan looks more legit all the time. If what he says is true, Littlefinger would almost surely not be going to Winterfell before KL.

I think TristanSnow's posts was actually legit, but many refused to believe him because there wasn't much information about Season 5 released yet that matched what he was saying. So yeah now looking back, he makes a lot more sense.

Wondering if the final scene will be:

Varys revealing Aegon and killing Kevan and Pycelle

Dany's Vision Quest

For The Watch

Is it possible to find TristanSnow's report somewhere? Or is that all?

Hmm, I wonder why Tommen would go to the Sept in episode 3/4. I imagine that's something Cersei would never allow, which makes me think Cersei is arrested as early as episode 4. You guys think that's possible? If it is, a lot of Cersei's stuff would be cut.

I think TristanSnow's posts was actually legit, but many refused to believe him because there wasn't much information about Season 5 released yet that matched what he was saying. So yeah now looking back, he makes a lot more sense.

He was kind of run off the board because he wouldn't divulge everything he knew. I'm actually quite glad he didn't. I think the way he teased Aegon was perfect in the context. It left open an interesting mystery for speculation.

Is it possible to find TristanSnow's report somewhere? Or is that all?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/118261-spoilers-set-report-dubrovnik-septoct-2014-spoilers/

I just finished re"reading" (I am listening to the audiobooks this time around) AFFC and am worried that Sam may be near the end of his story already. The thing that worries me is how he spilled all the beans of what has happened to him to Alleras before meeting with Marwyn. Perhaps the real point of him traveling all the way to Oldtown was to relay all of this information to Alleras and Marwyn and now he is close to his end. I really do not believe there is enough time left in the books for him to become a Maester. If this is the case, perhaps he too will get stabbed along with Jon in the show, making it more surprising than the RW for some.

Of course, this is conjecture on my part and I would love more than anything for Sam to make it to the end of the series.

Thanks!

I just finished re"reading" (I am listening to the audiobooks this time around) AFFC and am worried that Sam may be near the end of his story already. The thing that worries me is how he spilled all the beans of what has happened to him to Alleras before meeting with Marwyn. Perhaps the real point of him traveling all the way to Oldtown was to relay all of this information to Alleras and Marwyn and now he is close to his end. I really do not believe there is enough time left in the books for him to become a Maester. If this is the case, perhaps he too will get stabbed along with Jon in the show, making it more surprising than the RW for some.

I've thought the same thing, actually. To me, Sam is the kind of character that would really be a gut punch if killed off. I think he will be our eyes on Euron and the events of Oldtown in TWoW, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was killed off later in that book.

Just speculation here, but if that happens to be correct, and there's no Euron/Oldtown/Marwyn/Sarella on the show, I could see him getting killed off in Hardhome.

As I posted in V8, this is my prediction for Jon's storyline:

Episode 9 = Jon returns to Castle Black with some wildlings, but the brothers are not happy. Jon and Sam decide to part ways Sam and Gilly begin their journey to Oldtown.

Episode 10 = When Jon receives the pink letter stating that Stannis is stuck in the snow, he convinces his brothers that they need to march south, but several turn on him and stab him muttering “For the Watch.”

Mix those two together and I entirely agree with your predictions.

But I dont think Jon will feature in 9 episodes this season. Only 8 I'd guess and episode 9 is the most likely second half of the season episode he could be absent from.

Though I truly think in the end, Sam will not leave Castle Black (my CB library will suffice to provide the knowledge theory). I didnt consider the possibilty of Sam to die, as xanman and Mos above speculated, but actually, it wouldnt surprise me that much as well.

I would say Daznak was the most exciting moment for me in the books but I wouldn't say it was the most shocking. For me, RW and LSH are on par for the most shocking. Dracarys and Daznak are mostly on par for amazement and excitement.

Last time I was shocked by visual drama was Alfred Hitchcock in 1960.

Mix those two together and I entirely agree with your predictions.

But I dont think Jon will feature in 9 episodes this season. Only 8 I'd guess and episode 9 is the most likely second half of the season episode he could be absent from.

Though I truly think in the end, Sam will not leave Castle Black (my CB library will suffice to provide the knowledge theory). I didnt consider the possibilty of Sam to die, as xanman and Mos above speculated, but actually, it wouldnt surprise me that much as well.

Eh, put me down for 9 episodes. Jon just has too much storyline to catch up on to be relegated to 8 or fewer episodes.

Hmm, I wonder why Tommen would go to the Sept in episode 3/4. I imagine that's something Cersei would never allow, which makes me think Cersei is arrested as early as episode 4. You guys think that's possible? If it is, a lot of Cersei's stuff would be cut.

I think Tommen will go to the Sept at Margaery's request to see if he can get Loras released after the Faith Militant arrest and detain him. TristanSnow's report indicated that the scene in which Loras is hauled away will also be in an episode directed by Mark Mylod (I remember that someone else was able to record a video of that scene being filmed. It was from a considerable distance, but still clear enough to see what was happening). http://watchersonthewall.com/new-video-hints-loras-tyrells-role-season-5/

Cersei will be arrested later, probably around Episode 7 or so. If she's imprisoned before that, she'll be marginalized for half the season. The producers will want to get as many episodes as they can out of Cersei and Margaery's conflict before they're both locked away.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/game-of-thrones-mixtape-recruits-snoop-dogg-method-man-anthrax-20150211

it looks like they're going way bigger for catch the throne this year. snoop dogg and method man? hell yes. it also looks like it will be half metal and half rap this year.

http://instagram.com/p/y-Nvo2Qdpe/?modal=true

and this implies talib kweli will be on it as well. again, hell yes.

...If this is the case, perhaps he too will get stabbed along with Jon in the show, making it more surprising than the RW for some.

...I could see him getting killed off in Hardhome.

...but actually, it wouldnt surprise me that much as well.

If Sam is dead by the end of this season, I will lose my shit. That, for me, would be more surprising and leave me more devastated than the RW.

Of course, I know this is all speculation at this point.

AdmiralKyrd, I've said for a while now that TristanSnow was legit. He had a lot of scoops about the Dubrovnik shoot for sure. It's just his information about the production side of things that is questionable (since he seemed VERY misinformed on things like that. eg. he thought that GoT filmed its interiors in L.A. instead of Belfast). His info was all secondhand after all.

tf13, the posts about Sam and Jon parting ARE trying to reconcile what we thought he`d do in s5 with the recent Hardhome info. It is still very possible that he heads south in 509 or 510.

The "bigger than the Red Wedding" quote was mentioned two pages back, but I didn't see the actual interview it's from linked anywhere, so here it is (where, one should note, the earlier statement is qualified with "perhaps").

Since we've been debating the "traumatic scene" quote, she's asked about that:

On a scale from one to 10, with 10 being the Red Wedding, how hard is it to watch your traumatic scene in Season 5?
I think I really bigged that one up. [Laughs] It's traumatic, but isn't all of "Game of Thrones" traumatic? I give it a solid "6," though ... It's a pretty intense scene. I can't say much more than that.

I haven't seen anything published from Carice or Kit yet (or anyone else who might have been there).

If the Walk is in Ep10 and Hardhome is 7 and 8, it appears episode 9 is exclusively Dany, Sansa and Arya. I'd love the episode if it was devoted to Dany and Tyrion. After all two arcs have converged in Mereen, just like at Blackwater and The Wall in episode 9 of previous seasons.

There`s a Kit interview linked on WOTW, Colonel.

When TristanSnow began to talk about the Spain shoot and stuff he started spewing bullshit, biosnake20. That was around when he made false claims about where the show shoots interiors and the like. Basically he ran out of legit info but wanted to retain the spotlight.

Archived