Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I don't think she knows what her stuff from TWOW is.

I doubt any of the actors know what their stuff from TWOW is, even if they've read the books. Kind of difficult to know if it's definitely from the books or not without something to compare it to.

GRRM told Liam something about Davos, and I'm sure he's given some tidbits to other actors especially if it influences how their characters should act in the present, or if they asked.

I think Patchface confirmed Clive Russel (Blackfish) wouldn't return this season. Although that might have been the imposter. I could see a Sansa and Gendry thing.

I believe that was the imposter Patchface (though who can keep them straight?).

I could see the Blackfish, assuming they kept him alive for a reason. Though if they are just killing time until TWOW (though others are correct that it's unlikely she knows what's TWOW and what isn't), I'm amused that this could be the season of people dropping in, asking Sansa to come with them, and then wandering off when she says no.

I guess she could also be talking about Littlefinger's meddling in King's Landing, even if Sansa herself doesn't go there, if the two of them are working some angle there. That would be the plotlines crossing, even if she's not there.

Sophie's talking about the dynamic with Littlefinger in these various interviews just reaffirms my earlier belief, namely, that I really can't see why it makes any sense for the show to permanently fork their paths at this point.

The way she talks about things in this interview makes me wonder if she hasn't heard about all the speculation around her storyline. It's rather different than her earlier interviews about how Sansa was undergoing difficulties this season. Now she's talking directly about how Sansa is a player. I don't know what to trust.

Darth Sophie is such a tease.

In that interview it seems that she is suggesting that they are not doing her TWoW stuff this season.

I dont know if she would know if all the characters dont at least touch on some WOW material, but think she is mostly right. The only characters I can see entering WOW material is Arya (Mercy), possibly Team Meereen, Sansa (well we wont know if its filler or WOW material until WOW is released), and Stannis IF we get the Battle of Ice, however wewont know for sure whether something was filler or WOW material until the book comes out

The way she talks about things in this interview makes me wonder if she hasn't heard about all the speculation around her storyline. It's rather different than her earlier interviews about how Sansa was undergoing difficulties this season. Now she's talking directly about how Sansa is a player. I don't know what to trust.

Darth Sophie is such a tease.

I love Sophie's interviews, but I take her's with an extra big grain of salt.

Edit: Also, in that other interview when she was asked about the traumatic scene, she said that she maybe made that sound worse than it is. Makes it sound she is at least somewhat aware of the reaction. Probably through her twitter.

I can't wait for the Carice interviews to come out. Not only because she's Carice ( :bowdown:) but also because she tends to actually give info about the upcoming season instead of just saying, "it's bigger, it's darker, it's _____er" like the rest of the cast usually does.

Damn right, FreeParking...I thought about coming up with some half-assed quip like, "I'd do whatever she wants..." or something like that...but instead I'll just say, SHE'S THE BEST.

Talking about the best, WOTW linked a pretty good interview where Nathalie Emmanuel ( :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:) argued against the critique of Dany as a "white saviour", saying that since Dany had been in essence a slave herself she wasn't really being patronising etc. in trying to help out other slaves. I didn't read the full piece, only the bits quoted on WOTW but she seems like a smart lady. She didn't refute it QUITE as well as GrrM did back in 2013 but, it's good that she shot that shit down.

Yeah look lets not allow hindsight to spoil our judgement, most of Tristan Snow's original post was made with the best intentions and predominant accuracy, but that wasn't the problem (in fact most of that was proven correct in the weeks following his post). The issue was that he began spouting cryptic nonsense and proclaiming knowledge of things he had no evidence of knowing in an effort to maintain our adoration and attention for a bit longer.

Despite giving incredibly in depth descriptions of several scenes, he suddenly feigned concern about giving away too much and thought it best to hold on to his apparent knowledge of the Griffs and Ironborns and whatever else. Basically it got to his head. Don't think back too wistfully.

Exactly.

In the A Day in the Life special, this producer said something along the lines of "and then we move from the amazing Daznak to the amazing Hardhome", which might indicate (if it refers to a script outline) that the Hardhome aftermath might actually happen in episode 9. Maybe it will justbe the very final shot showing the now deserted village followed by some more WW activity (a bit like the final shot of "Oathkeeper" in the lands of always winter).

One of the only reasons i'm still holding out for the fAegon(or some variation of it) is because of Tristan saying that it was in S5 in some way.

I would love to believe it, but Tristane Snow isnt known for keeping surprises. Hes a leaker. If he knew exactly how it was going to be in the show, he should have just said it, I mean that was basically what he was here for. I PM'd him to try and get more Aegon info from him and he didnt reveal much of anything to me.

This is what he said when I PM'd him:

Topic: I'm dying to know about the Griffs

Me: Ok, I can handle the Griffs not being in season 5...but you eluded that they will be in someway. Do you possibly mean that Aegon is in and actually will be there somehow, just no Jon Connington? Please......

Tristane Snow: in season 5 the viewers will finaly learn what Varys's means when he said "for the good of the realm"

Trystane Snow: Unfortunately, most of the pople on this forum have proven to be grade A douchebags, everything I said... sorry to the nitpickers „typed“ here has proven to be true...

The validity was doubted, as it should have, but no one, not a single person or poster came and defended a person that risked their job and well being, when this validity was proven correct...

I was UNSUILLED once, heard about some books everyone was tripping about, then I read them and had the good fortune to become a part of the HBO project... imagine that? Becoming a fan of the books and then helping them come on screen?

For whatever reason, that escapes me now, I wanted to share some facts that wouldn't get me fired but at the same time, would quench the thirst from people like me, the fans...

I was wrong ofcourse, waking up every morning and stepping to the world of Westeros can only incite hatred, jelaousy and vitriol from the same type of people that caused this:

Archived