Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

In the A Day in the Life special, this producer said something along the lines of "and then we move from the amazing Daznak to the amazing Hardhome", which might indicate (if it refers to a script outline) that the Hardhome aftermath might actually happen in episode 9. Maybe it will justbe the very final shot showing the now deserted village followed by some more WW activity (a bit like the final shot of "Oathkeeper" in the lands of always winter).

I don't think so - they don't film scenes in order. On Pedro's first day, he filmed the "I will be your champion" scene from episode 7, I believe.

I don't think so - they don't film scenes in order. On Pedro's first day, he filmed the "I will be your champion" scene from episode 7, I believe.

Sure. But I don't think she spoke about shooting. Both shooting dates were weeks away and and in very different locations, so I don't think it had anything to do with that.

Well I hope Tristan Snow didn't get fired for that, he DID get a lot of shit from the posters.

I don't know what to think now....It does seem plausible that Sam gets killed. Also i think Sam and Gilly's romance will develop a lot this season. I think we will get pink fat mast at castle black at some point.

If you think about it, if Sam is expendable then so is Davos. Because obviously the Rickon mission is delayed or cut. so what will he do? Davos is a loved character and will be a shocking loss to both show and book readers.

I don't think Sansa will do much this season, most of her stuff will be plotting in the Vale.

This frame goes by so fast in the trailer I missed it until I saw this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EOMERCpp01Q/VM0RNsom76I/AAAAAAAAfMU/CxBHPkADiG0/s1600/vlcsnap-2015-01-31-17h15m49s136.jpg

It's odd, the scene is not at Danzak's pit but seems to be gladiatorial training at a smaller arena.

Dany and Hizzy are there, can't tell who else. Not sure what it's all about.

May be a private fighting pit in Meereen.

Such existed in ancient Rome. Was a big one in the Palatine , ruins can still be seen.

Can't say this tells us anything except another location.

Yeah we knew about this location a while back.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-pics-game-thrones-set-sibenik/

Seems to be where the slavers showcase the fighters for the pits. Kind of surprised Dany is there but it's clearly after she's had to make a lot of compromises and is feeling uncomfortable about them. Also guessing she doesn't recognise Jorah under there.

Edit: Updated with a better link

Yeah we knew about this location a while back.

http://watchersonthewall.com/new-pics-game-thrones-set-sibenik/

Seems to be where the slavers showcase the fighters for the pits. Kind of surprised Dany is there but it's clearly after she's had to make a lot of compromises and is feeling uncomfortable about them. Also guessing she doesn't recognise Jorah under there.

Edit: Updated with a better link

Yeah that was the set, many had wondered what it was.

Yeah it could be where the slave auction is , if there is a slave auction.

Agree seems an odd diversion. Why combat? We are going to get that in the big arena.

It's blurry but that almost looks like Emilia's body double, tho even in the back ground that won't work unless it's a test shot.

Seems in one of the 'flame' videos , the one taken down, one can see Dany and crew in the 'kings box' but so far away it's probably the doubles, maybe didn't want them around such a dangerous shoot. Story wise they would not be there, so maybe just spectators.

I'm trying to think of characters that Sansa could cross paths with. We already know about Brienne and Pod.

Who are characters that are in that area or have unknown whereabouts? Gendry? Blackfish? The BWB?

My theory is the Tyrells somehow. I really think, even if it is only in the show (though I doubt that) the Littlefinger-Tyrell alliance is still active. If Loras is attacked in a brothel and vowing revenge and Margery is in a big spat with Cersei, the Tyrells will be looking for new moves and Littlefinger is their ticket out of the KL mess.

And folks....Sam's not gonna die.

I mean, I have no inside knowledge or anything, but he just isn't IMO. I think Oldtown will be in season 6 and he has a role to play there. It is not about him actually becoming a maester. It is about the Citadel and if Aemon dies, the Watch still needs a new maester so Jon's reason for sending Sam is still there.

I feel like Dinklage barely does interviews.

I get the idea he is very uncomfortable with them - the smalltalk and safe banter part in particular. He likes being well prepared. I bet he works really hard on every line he delivers in the show.

I think it is not friendly banter in general though - just the kind that is for show and that gets parsed.

I don't know about Sam going to Oldtown now...i was watching elio and linda's trailer discussion video and they made a good point about D&D making an effort to show the castle black library in season 4. and it looks really neat and orderly. I don't know if Sam will die, but i now think he will learn all he needs to know at castle black.

Plus Jon can always send for another Maester without having to send someone to Oldtown

My theory is the Tyrells somehow. I really think, even if it is only in the show (though I doubt that) the Littlefinger-Tyrell alliance is still active. If Loras is attacked in a brothel and vowing revenge and Margery is in a big spat with Cersei, the Tyrells will be looking for new moves and Littlefinger is their ticket out of the KL mess.

And folks....Sam's not gonna die.

I mean, I have no inside knowledge or anything, but he just isn't IMO. I think Oldtown will be in season 6 and he has a role to play there. It is not about him actually becoming a maester. It is about the Citadel and if Aemon dies, the Watch still needs a new maester so Jon's reason for sending Sam is still there.

I also have my doubts that Sam will die, but right now, I'm leaning towards them cutting both Oldtown and Euron. If that's the case, I have no idea what they'll do with Sam. Of course, they could let him live and just let him hang around Castle Black, but I don't know.

This is only working if we play with the possibility of Sam dying during TWoW. If so, and if his Oldtown arc is cut, I think it would be a cool way to kill him off, by having the White Walkers do it in Hardhome. That would also make Hardhome more of an impact.

But it's almost impossible to talk about this, as it all depends on everyones separate thoughts of what will go down in TWoW.

You can see Jorah is there as well. Konradsmith pointed it out in v8 thread when i was doing the breakdown of the trailer. Also emilia is in her white dress so it must be on the same day or after the wedding, she is wearing the white dress

Regarding the second "fighting pit" I have wondered if this might be venue when Tyrion moves from slave destined for Daznak's to sitting in the stands with Hizdahr? Some of the constructions in those set pictures seemed like they could be used for a "release the lions" device, but maybe Dany rescues Tyrion from this, as per the books? Then, later in the day at Daznak's, the "rescued dwarf" is in the stands as Hizdahr's attendant? Not sure, though, why Jorah would be fighting in both venues.

Regarding Sam at Hardhome, have I missed something, or does he only appear there in the concept art for the set? Have we actually seen him in any of the shooting scenes there? Does his appearance in the concept art = appearance there in the show?

I would love to believe it, but Tristane Snow isnt known for keeping surprises. Hes a leaker. If he knew exactly how it was going to be in the show, he should have just said it, I mean that was basically what he was here for. I PM'd him to try and get more Aegon info from him and he didnt reveal much of anything to me.

This is what he said when I PM'd him:

Topic: I'm dying to know about the Griffs

Me: Ok, I can handle the Griffs not being in season 5...but you eluded that they will be in someway. Do you possibly mean that Aegon is in and actually will be there somehow, just no Jon Connington? Please......

Tristane Snow: in season 5 the viewers will finaly learn what Varys's means when he said "for the good of the realm"

Trystane Snow: Unfortunately, most of the pople on this forum have proven to be grade A douchebags, everything I said... sorry to the nitpickers „typed“ here has proven to be true...

The validity was doubted, as it should have, but no one, not a single person or poster came and defended a person that risked their job (?) and well being, when this validity was proven correct...

I was UNSUILLED once, heard about some books everyone was tripping about, then I read them and had the good fortune to become a part of the HBO project... imagine that? Becoming a fan of the books and then helping them come on screen (?) ?

For whatever reason, that escapes me now, I wanted to share some facts that wouldn't get me fired (?) but at the same time, would quench the thirst from people like me, the fans...

I was wrong ofcourse, waking up every morning and stepping to the world of Westeros can only incite hatred, jelaousy and vitriol from the same type of people that caused this:

TristanSnow (first post): "A few friends of mine were extras on the set..."

:lol:

Exactly. Based on the source material, the trailer, interview, set photos, and the OP.

My prediction:

9 Episodes - Cersei, Jon, and Tyrion

8 Episodes - Arya, Daenerys, and Jaime

7 Episodes - Margaery, Stannis, and Theon

There is a lot of Meereen material though, almost as much as the Wall (Dany had 10 chapters, Barrister 3 chapter and whatever Tyrion will do there). I wouldn't be surprised in Dany appeared in 9 episodes as well.

I don't know about Sam going to Oldtown now...i was watching elio and linda's trailer discussion video and they made a good point about D&D making an effort to show the castle black library in season 4. and it looks really neat and orderly. I don't know if Sam will die, but i now think he will learn all he needs to know at castle black.

Plus Jon can always send for another Maester without having to send someone to Oldtown

Good point. Helping with the election, FPM, uncovering details on the White Walkers (which I think everyone would be interested in), Sam should have a big season. Too good of a season if you ask me. If everything is going right for him as time goes on and he joins Jon in the Hardhome mission and leaves Gilly at Castle Black, I could definitely see him biting the dust, and Gilly, if the baby isn't important, would die in the chaos at Castle Black. It really depends how cuttable the Oldtown stuff is, but I am going to be paying close attention to Sam this season. Shit, if Jon returns to Castle Black telling Gilly about Sam and then the Pink Letter happens, that would be RW level stuff for me. Maybe Sam is just in that concept art and won't actually go.

Regarding the second "fighting pit" I have wondered if this might be venue when Tyrion moves from slave destined for Daznak's to sitting in the stands with Hizdahr? Some of the constructions in those set pictures seemed like they could be used for a "release the lions" device, but maybe Dany rescues Tyrion from this, as per the books? Then, later in the day at Daznak's, the "rescued dwarf" is in the stands as Hizdahr's attendant? Not sure, though, why Jorah would be fighting in both venues.

It seems Tyrion will be bought by Hizy replacing Yezzan as a kind of 'court jester' , which brings him into contact with Dany. That ought to be interesting since , supposedly, Varys will have told him what he knows about her , will Illyrio be there too, in Pentos, he would know more about her than Varys, a lot more.

I very interested in that conversation, even if it's just Varys. Of course Jorah will know more than Illyrio and Varys , I guess he and Tyrion will talk.

By the by I think we can infer that Jorah will 'acquire' Tyrion as in the book. Varys will let him go to a brothel , in Volantis?, some requisite 'HBO adult content' and Tyrion won't return.

In Dance , Tyrion, does not get an audience with Dany, seems George has said that they will meet up again? So does he get to speak with her in S5? What will that conversation be about?

Tyrion would know as much about the political situation in KL and what that portends for any successor to the the IT.

That's a conversation I would like to hear but I don't know, audiences want to see 'explosions' , well much of the audience, not talking heads!

Archived