Vikings season 3

cdawnb

I like to watch trailers but I usually stay away from any type of spoilery clips. I am glad I clicked on this one though. Anyone who is a fan of the sound track of the show should take a peak. I *think* we get to hear some of the new music. It sounded pretty bad ass.

There are minor spoilers though. Sorry for the long url, I'm on my phone.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/12/ragnar-puts-fear-gods-english-this-exclusive-vikings-season-3-clip

I like to watch trailers but I usually stay away from any type of spoilery clips. I am glad I clicked on this one though. Anyone who is a fan of the sound track of the show should take a peak. I *think* we get to hear some of the new music. It sounded pretty bad ass.

There are minor spoilers though. Sorry for the long url, I'm on my phone.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/12/ragnar-puts-fear-gods-english-this-exclusive-vikings-season-3-clip

Looks and sounds great. That sound you hear right at the beginning of the clip is also in the song Heimta Thurs, which plays in the show in a few scenes, including the terrific Blood Eagle scene.

The New York Times actually noticed Vikings this time around. But the column about it is remarkably non-informative and non-committal other than series three starts on Thursday on the History channel and it is well-acted, and OF COURSE it's just like Got, but with some real history.

:bang:

The New York Times actually noticed Vikings this time around. But the column about it is remarkably non-informative and non-committal other than series three starts on Thursday on the History channel and it is well-acted, and OF COURSE it's just like Got, but with some real history.

If a show can't be compared to Game of Thrones they at least have to state "this bears no resemblance to GOT" in the review. It's the law. It reminds me of the newswipe review of "Wolf hall" :)

:laugh:

It's so funny, you have to wonder if people who write these blurbs have watched the show. It's even worse when they compare it to Sons of Anarchy.

I am reminded of the Emmy watch interview I saw with the cast last year. Donal Logue was talking about how he wished that everyone on the audience had actually watched the show and then paused to ask if anyone had. Very few people in the audience raised their hand and the guy who was doing the interview acted like he hadn't watched it either.

This industry is so dependent on "buzz". Look what happened with Breaking Bad. It didn't become hugely popular until the last couple of seasons.

But, what can you do?

Ragnar is going into the snake pit this year, no? Or you think they'll drag it out another year?

I don't know. It's only been 2 seasons. The other boys have grow up a lot more.

Anything is possible though!

As much as I will miss Ragnar, I am really looking forward to watching what his sons do.

eta because I missed the spoiler tags too. :cool4:

Archived