Vikings season 3

cdawnb

Well does that extended scene imply that Ragnar misses Lagertha as his wife? :P

Ragnar and Athelstan have a fantastic relationship.

Okay scratch that, all the characters have fantastic relationships. I am really wondering what the guy at Lagertha's place is planning. Kalf or whatever his name is. He might be actually plotting against her or he might be trying to trick that nephew of the guy she killed into trusting him, and I am really looking forward to see which one it is.

Okay this is really a pretty useless post, I really just wanted an excuse to make an obligatory Athelstan-admiring statement. :commie:

The bit of Ragnar following Athelstan-John is priceless comedy and wit and just - awwwwwwwww. The actor does these bits so very well. Also we never see them coming, yet they're always perfectly natural, in character and in context.

Thanks!

Kwenthrith is something else. I think her reaction to her uncles death was pretty complex. Excitement, anguish, and maybe a bit of lust thrown into one. I think she was hoping for victory, and hoping her uncle would die (she didnt seem fond of him). but I don't think she expected the savagery of the Norse. He wasn't killed in combat. He was pulled off his horse and had his head busted open with an axe without ever lifting a sword. I'm not sure if Christian Saxon's expected genteel treatment of kings, however.

My mum assumed she half-orgasmed at that point. It looked like Kwenthrith was freaked out but really turned on. She already has a certain err...fondness for the Norsemen, so...The savagery wasnt expected, no, but shes seems to find it fascinating.

BTW, the series deviates from the history quite a good bit. So, I am not sure how closely they will follow the history.

Sure, but the history is still there. All they're doing is mushing a bunch of events that happened in a certain era together for one story. So really, the history is a good model to use and likely the outcome. (like why i know Rollo wont get killed off)

And speaking of Floki, I know people love him, but he just annoys me. I have never seen any character besides Louis from "Queen of the Damned" more invested in their own misery than Floki.

Pah. Hardly. Hes a guy who is really accustomed to chaos. Stability and happiness that comes with that stability, is kind of alien to him. It freaks him out. Dude's actually rather complex, and his longing for chaos is one of his flaws. The show is trying to express this with some comedy, but its obvious whats really going on. Floki never saw himself as a family man or even really a good match for a woman. Helga is an extremely tolerant woman, and this side of her husband, shes not all that accustomed to. She doesnt understand his odd fear that much, since she assumes that he would be happy. Floki isnt dwelling on his own misery as much as trying to figure out just what it means to be content.

Also, gotta say, Aslaug hate grosses me out. People say some of the nastiest shit about her. :ack:

Yes. That's what caught my attention initially. He ended walking about 10 feet away from me so I shouted "Ragnar" and he looked over, waved and said, "hey."

This is a pic while he waited around for the scene to begin shooting.

https://instagram.com/p/zdp7Rmuwqv/

That is an adorable photo. His hat is awww.

What is he filming?

A comedy called 'Maggie's Plan'.

I like Aslaug, didn't know people hated her

omg. People call her "Asslog" and "Bitch Baby Maker" and stuff. Its disgusting. I kinda like her too. Shes grown on me.

She's also grown on me. Hey, if Lagertha is cool with her, then why hate on her?

omg. People call her "Asslog" and "Bitch Baby Maker" and stuff. Its disgusting. I kinda like her too. Shes grown on me.

It drives me insane. I have seen her called everything from broodmare to cow to baby machine.

I like her. A lot actually.

Haha, how creative. The hate for her is not surprising though. Most people loved Ragnar + Lagertha and they want it to happen again. Lagertha is way hotter than Aslaug, she's a cool warrior lady, while Aslaug is just like a spoilt princess. No wonder the show is heavily advertised with Lagertha and not Aslaug.

Aslaug was introduced as an intelligent woman, a seer and the daughter of legendary heroes. I wish the show writers didn’t forget these and wrote her a better story. After marrying Ragnar, I can see why some people are frustrated to not see any character development in her accordingly. I also do not like how they made her bickering about hygiene while running for their lives.

So, the problem is not with Aslaug but the writers who are not doing good with her character or Siggy.

Archived