Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I see no evidence that Melisandre is journeying south. Indeed, I do not even see evidence that Stannis is journeying south. I have no idea where this train of thought is coming from.

How about them both being in a big tent with battle plans laid out...why on earth would they sent up a giant tent if they were still at castle black...especially since there's already been promos of Stannis entertaining Jon in a chamber in CB. Mystery solved.

Which begs the question, why would they assume Theon wouldn't tell the Boltons who she is?

i dont think that they know theon is in winterfell, or alive for that matter. i bet some scenario of sansa recognizing theon and almost freaking out but then recovering when theon doesnt tell the boltons who she is going down when she arrives in WF.

Was Arya in the HoBaW in her trailer scene?

I think that's her in the HoBaW unless she took lodging in E2?

Tho she still seems in her old clothes which she should have disposed of when admitted.

You know it's funny, I thought for a while now that Sansa would be the most likely Stark to make it through the whole thing but you may be right.

Haha I think you misunderstood my post :P I was saying I don't think that's a very likely explanation.

This is bound to get lost amongst the trailer kerfuffle but I found a new role on casting call pro. http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/tvshow_view.php?uid=1022

Portia Victoria will be playing (now get a load of this strangely-labelled role) "Smith/Brothel Goddess". I assume it would've been easier to label her "Volantene Prostitute" or something but that's the name casting call pro says, so there you go.

:lol: what a label for the role :lol:

Is Smith her name d'you think? Or Smith as in "may the Smith grant them strength"? Either way, weird title :p

Nice find

I think the red priestess could be a good time to get some exposition on the faith of R'hllor. From a show perspective we still don't know much more than all the cryptic stuff Melisandre says. If Tyrion and Varys watch as the priestess preach or whatever, we could finally get some insight on Azor Ahai and all that.

Because by merging the character with others in a completely different location you are making a bold statement about what matters. As was said, once they get into winds material Sansa cant be Wyman, Barbrey AND Sansa. It can get messy, she cant be in the Vale doing Sansa chapters and in Winterfell doing the Northern conspiracy. A lot of Sansas winds stuff will be in the Vale as there is no intention for her to leave here yet in the book, so you have to wonder if they wouldnt cut all that for something that wasnt much, much better. On the plus side, she is currently the only POV there and another is really needed for her to die.

No, you're not making any kind of "bold statement about what matters", you're making a "statement" that you don't know what to do with Sansa this season without getting into her TWOW material which it may be too early for, you don't want her to skip the season like Bran, too, and you don't want to cast actors to play northern lords.

The only way that the conclusion that she's going to die in TWOW makes sense is if she's killed off in Winterfell in season 5.

I think the likelier explanation isn't that Sansa dies in the Vale and D&D have deemed her ending too boring to adapt, but rather since they have cut HtH, save for SR, Sansa & LF don't really have much reason to stay in the Vale. And we have no idea what happens with him. If the bulk of her TWOW plot in the Vale is redundant due to the lack of HtH and she heads North eventually then they're probably just fast-tracking her plot a little and giving her some fun stuff to do in the meantime.

I very much doubt that her entire storyline in TWOW consists of being betrothed to Harry the RedHerringir.

More likely, they are writing fanfiction before they get Sansa to her storyline from TWOW. Getting Sansa to Winterfell just because they don't know what to do with her and they don't want to cast northern lords, and then back to her own storyline, is exactly the kind of thing they would do.

You know it's funny, I thought for a while now that Sansa would be the most likely Stark to make it through the whole thing but you may be right.

That's the exact opposite of what FireAndBlood said.

I think the red priestess could be a good time to get some exposition on the faith of R'hllor. From a show perspective we still don't know much more than all the cryptic stuff Melisandre says. If Tyrion and Varys watch as the priestess preach or whatever, we could finally get some insight on Azor Ahai and all that.

I think D&D would have a stroke if the words Azor Ahai were mentioned lol. I'm giving them one more season before I lose hope on that end my friend.

Because by merging the character with others in a completely different location you are making a bold statement about what matters. As was said, once they get into winds material Sansa cant be Wyman, Barbrey AND Sansa. It can get messy, she cant be in the Vale doing Sansa chapters and in Winterfell doing the Northern conspiracy. A lot of Sansas winds stuff will be in the Vale as there is no intention for her to leave here yet in the book, so you have to wonder if they wouldnt cut all that for something that wasnt much, much better. On the plus side, she is currently the only POV there and another is really needed for her to die.

If Sansa dies on the Vale, then the build-up was all for nothing, which Is simply not George's style. What we are seeing on the TV!Show might mean a number of things - They are simply condensing her storyline, so when Sansa does go to Winterfell and becomes the Stark in Winterfell, it's less complicated than in the books? I mean, they cut out Aegon, Arianne and Jon Con, Victarion and Euron, and I'm willing to bet they're willing to cut much more. Arya's storyline in the HOBAW might end this season.

i dont think that they know theon is in winterfell, or alive for that matter. i bet some scenario of sansa recognizing theon and almost freaking out but then recovering when theon doesnt tell the boltons who she is going down when she arrives in WF.

You'd think they would anticipate that there may be some people there who would recognize Sansa and that the whole thing is pretty risky in that regard...

Then again, we know that show!LF acts like an idiot but we're still supposed to think he's a genius, so...

Archived