Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

How does Dany know all this jazz about things going on in Westeros?

Westeros seemed to have more intel on her than she did on them.

When she's making that speech, it appears that she is receiving Hizdahr and Daario after their return from Yunkai. Perhaps they've heard some news and were telling her about it just before.

Doubtful. Then what will she do?

Your guess is as good as ours. The Mercy chapter is the most recent thing we have for her. Many people speculate that she will abandon to her training and head back to Westeros but of course that is just speculation. We'll all just have to wait and see.

Yeah well I guess not. I think he'll appear four times throughout the season now. Sometime in the beginning (Possibly 503 or 504) - Flying over Dany and the overlook of Meereen, then again when Tyrion is looking up at the sky as he is sailing to Meereen (505 or 506), then again larger than before at Daznak's Pit in 509, and then probably with Dany somewhere in the Dothraki Sea in 510.

I don't know too much about CGI etc., but I doubt Drogon will grow during the season. So far, the dragons have stayed consistently the same size, and I expect that will continue. I just don't think it's practical for the special effects team to have to compose different size dragons in different episodes based on different concept art.

But he looks pretty huge to me anyway at the end of the trailer. Definitely a logical progression from his size in season 4, and about in-line with his appearance at this stage in the novels.

Now, I wonder how big he'll be in season 7...

I am fairly certain Stannis says his only line in the trailer to the Davos in the tent.

I wasn't so sure that was Davos at first. It almost looks like the back of Dillanes head... like he's talking into a mirror in the tent, and talking to Mel. Maybe not.

Sounds like they are giving Sansa's Vale plot the YG and Greyjoys treatment and streamlining things, they've barely expanded on the Vale outside of the Eyrie so for the TV show they probably won't

They would have fit in a 10 season timeframe but not a 7-8 seasons timeframe

Can only introduce one big region/family at a time without overloading people and it seems they decided on Dorne

I don't think Davos is in that tent...

I don't know too much about CGI etc., but I doubt Drogon will grow during the season. So far, the dragons have stayed consistently the same size, and I expect that will continue. I just don't think it's practical for the special effects team to have to compose different size dragons in different episodes based on different concept art.

But he looks pretty huge to me anyway at the end of the trailer. Definitely a logical progression from his size in season 4, and about in-line with his appearance at this stage in the novels.

Now, I wonder how big he'll be in season 7...

Exactly what I was thinking. They aren't going to change his size for 1 scene.

I still want to know what the Hardhome deal is.

If they are trying to prevent a wight 'factory' , who cares , if there are a million wights whats a few thousand more?

Let em go to hell not worth the risk.

Do you have any idea why Huisman and Nathalie Emmanuel were upgraded to regular, and not Jacob Anderson, is it because Grey Worm possibly dies?

Could be that, could be that they think Huisman and Emmanuel need to be under firmer contract to ensure their availability, could be any number of other things.

Do you have any idea why Huisman and Nathalie Emmanuel were upgraded to regular, and not Jacob Anderson, is it because Grey Worm possibly dies?

The fact that Ian McElhinney probably won't be upgraded is more weird, in my opinion. However, at this moment, I do actually think Grey Worm will be killed off this season.

There's a shot of Grey Worm in the new trailer surrounded by sons of the Harpy. I think this is part of the scene where the harpies attack the unsullied in some sort of tunnel or hallway (which I believe can be part of Daznak's Pit, like the entrance or something). My prediction is that Grey Worm will be stabbed doing the chaos, but won't die until the finale. We have the Missandei/Grey Worm kiss, and to me GW looks really dead in that shot.

Could be that, could be that they think Huisman and Emmanuel need to be under firmer contract to ensure their availability, could be any number of other things.

Maybe. Huisman is also in Orphan Black, which premieres next month as well. Not sure how he's available to film both shows.

Does it? I used to think it would, but if she and LF are going to Winterfell while the Boltons and Theon are there and Stannis is marching on Winterfell, then her season 5 storyline has nothing to do with her storyline in the book.

I guess spoilerophobes who don't want season 5 to spoil TWOW can be happy now.

Who is to say that Sansa and Littlefinger are not heading to Winterfell during her second chapter in the The Winds of Winter? I would not make assumptions about material we know nothing about.

My own guess is that they are simply advancing her material because they have already destroyed the possibility of adapting Sansa's early chapters from the next book based on other decisions they have already made.

How about them both being in a big tent with battle plans laid out...why on earth would they sent up a giant tent if they were still at castle black...especially since there's already been promos of Stannis entertaining Jon in a chamber in CB. Mystery solved.

Because Benioff and Weiss decided to have the meeting in a tent? I would be careful with the assumptions. One thing is a shot of Carice van Houten with Gemma Whelan. Whereas this hardly rises to conclusive proof of anything.

Who is to say that Sansa and Littlefinger are not heading to Winterfell during her second chapter in the The Winds of Winter? I would not make assumptions about material we know nothing about.

My own guess is that they are simply advancing her material because they have already destroyed the possibility of adapting Sansa's early chapters from the next book based on other decisions they have already made.

Even if they were, for some reason, it would be theoretically impossible for them to arrive there before the resolution of the Stannis/Boltons storyline. Unless they actually do own a transporter.

Archived