Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

How could LF marry Sansa to anyone? She's married to Tyrion.

"You have so many questions, don't you?" - Melisandre

Anyway, I don't think that Sansa is marrying anyone yet. Though, FArya seems to be split amongst Sansa, Myranda, and maybe the Winterfell worker, Sansa is probably only taking the role of helping Theon escape Winterfell.

"You have so many questions, don't you?" - Melisandre

Anyway, I don't think that Sansa is marrying anyone yet. Though, FArya seems to be split amongst Sansa, Myranda, and maybe the Winterfell worker, Sansa is probably only taking the role of helping Theon escape Winterfell.

That would mean that Sansa is taking the role of Mance/the washerwomen/Bran, not fArya, since Theon is the one helping fArya, not the other way round.

Could they not give some characters important "sidequests" for lack of a better term, that tie in with their future, instead of just advancing them past the books?

In fairness to the showrunners, when they have tried this (i.e., Jon, Asha), it has been terrible and not well received.

Could they not give some characters important "sidequests" for lack of a better term, that tie in with their future, instead of just advancing them past the books?

Well, that would certainly be similar to what they've been doing so far (Craster's Keep, Yara's mission...), though I don't think they've done it for an entire season yet for anyone who's in the main credits.

That would mean that Sansa is taking the role of Mance/the washerwomen/Bran, not fArya, since Theon is the one helping her, not the other way round.

Shit, I meant she would take the role of developing some sort of relationship with Theon, but true. It seems like Melisandre is going to burn Mance at the wall early in the season. Unless they are still doing the whole FMance switch with Rattleshirt thing.

In what context are you suggesting this? As yet, none of the characters look to be advancing past the books, as far as we know. The Sansa plot, as well as the Jaime plot (and possibly whatever they're doing with Brienne) are total revisions of the books, not the future.

Sansa could just be the hooded man in Winterfell at this point.

But what I found interesting is that Sansa's last chapter in AFFC occurs two months before the A Ghost in Winterfell chapter according to this timeline https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj_uNZmcJaTddG9BVU5tRnJJTE5KcE5JRkFha1ZfNUE#gid=8

While most of the what they showed of Sansa in the trailers hasn't appear in the books (could be new material)...What if Sansa is actually going to Winterfell in The Winds of Winter and they are just trying to speed up her storyline so that she will be with characters that the audience are more familiar with?

I really dislike when people see anything that's different from the books and pass it off as being bad solely on the merit that it is not like the books. I believe that we should wait to pass judgment on Sansa going to Winterfell and Jaime going to Dorne on their own merits (i.e., does it make sense in the context of the show, do they help advance the story, etc.).

I really dislike when people see anything that's different from the books and pass it off as being bad solely on the merit that it is not like the books. I believe that we should wait to pass judgment on Sansa going to Winterfell and Jaime going to Dorne on their own merits (i.e., does it make sense in the context of the show, do they help advance the story, etc.).

Well, what can you do? Purists are a pain.

The Jaime sojourn, sure. Sansa's trip to Winterfell? How could that not be a version of the future? What, is it a side-quest in Sansa's journey to . . . where, exactly?

Sansa going to Winterfell to sub for Jeyne Poole in some capacities is no meaningful version of her book arc (and I don't have to read it to know that).

Regarding Littlefinger teleporting around a lot, people need to come to terms with what it means that this show will end with seven seasons. I suspect characters will be zipping around much more than they were before, because we can't waste time on endless travelogues. Characters will get to where they need to go quickly if it serves the story, so they can interact with other characters. That is not to say that there will be no travelogues (Tyrion/Jorah and Brienne/Pod most likely for this season), but anytime a character's journey can be cut to quickly get to a more interesting place, it probably will be cut. Plus, I don't remember lots of people complaining in 108 when Cat in the Vale finds out about Ned being taken prisoner in King's Landing and travels all the way to Robb's army before he even crossed the Twins.

I don't remember lots of people complaining in 108 when Cat in the Vale finds out about Ned being taken prisoner in King's Landing and travels all the way to Robb's army before he even crossed the Twins.

I think it's because Season 1 occurred over a longer period of time so characters seemed to move around a lot faster even if weeks or months went by.

Sansa going to Winterfell to sub for Jeyne Poole in some capacities is no meaningful version of her book arc (and I don't have to read it to know that).

When did we find out that she is substituting for Jeyne Poole? I realize many have already jumped to that conclusion but the reasons for it still escape me. Sansa journeying to Winterfell does not mean, ergo, Sansa is assuming the role of Jeyne Poole. One does not necessarily the follow the other.

I think it's because Season 1 occurred over a longer period of time so characters seemed to move around a lot faster even if weeks or months went by.

The timeline in the books is vague and it is even vaguer in the show. I remember reading somewhere that someone had done the calculations on how long it took for Stannis's army to arrive at Castle Black and determined that it wasn't possible. GRRM's response was that you generally shouldn't try to pay that much attention to tiny details like that. Moreover, it seems that more time passes on the show than in the books comparatively speaking.

Archived