Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

You'd think they would anticipate that there may be some people there who would recognize Sansa and that the whole thing is pretty risky in that regard...

Then again, we know that show!LF acts like an idiot but we're still supposed to think he's a genius, so...

That's my problem with it, even if they didn't know Theon would be there, the plan is simply too risky to assume there wouldn't be anyone who might recognize Sansa.

It just makes LF look and Sansa look really reckless and stupid to even try it.

Finally, a new trailer!!!! Great to see that the North plot is getting a lot of attention (a lot of characters will end up in Winterfell).

About Sansa in Winterfell, I'll wait and watch the show before I jump to any conclusion.

Super excited about how little we know about the future of certain characters, I complete love surprises.

In a side note, I'm surprised how much I care about Selyse when I watched her clip.

Yeah that's weird she didn't change clothes.

I think the stuff in this new trailer is of her after Arya gets initially rejected. She seems to be playing with the coin. She might have gotten herself some lodging and be contemplating going back to the HoBaW to try again.

Also AdmiralKyrd's tinfoil regarding Selyse being "killed" is really good train of thought.

Hey! I didn't say she was killed, just that she was being used for a few moments for roosey to let his guard down. If the Lord of light willed it, I'm sure she'd comply.

That's my problem with it, even if they didn't know Theon would be there, the plan is simply too risky to assume there wouldn't be anyone who might recognize Sansa.

It just makes LF look and Sansa look really reckless and stupid to even try it.

There must surely be plenty of people working at Winterfell still how were there when Sana was there. It's not like she left when she was 3 and she's now become a totally changed grown woman it wasn't that many year ago there should be plenty of people there who know her. Plus surely bannermen visited Winterfell often they'd have see all the Stark kids.

Unlikely, but is it possible Roose knows she's Sansa and wants her there as insurance incase Stannis does manage to get the North onside. So he's got a trump card when it looks like Stannis has Northern support Roose can reveal he has a Stark?

There must surely be plenty of people working at Winterfell still how were there when Sana was there. It's not like she left when she was 3 and she's now become a totally changed grown woman it wasn't that many year ago there should be plenty of people there who know her. Plus surely bannermen visited Winterfell often they'd have see all the Stark kids.

Ramsey killed everyone at Winterfell, or transported them to the Dreadfort. There's nobody left from the old staff. That's why nobody other than Theon recognizes Jeyne (as far as we know).

Ramsey killed everyone at Winterfell, or transported them to the Dreadfort. There's nobody left from the old staff. That's why nobody other than Theon recognizes Jeyne (as far as we know).

The problem is, do LF and Sansa know that? And if they do, why don't they know that Theon is in Winterfell?

ETA: And of course, there's still the unresolved question, what is Sansa supposed to be doing there. The best suggestion (i.e. the only one that would be a reason why she would have to be there rather than someone else LF could send) is that she'll be there to appeal to the northern lords to fight against the Boltons; but that would require her to reveal herself to the northern lords and convince them that she's Sansa Stark/be recognized by some of them.

So, this scheme would depend on:

- LF and Sansa being convinced that a) the Boltons don't have any servant, Theon, or anyone else from Winterfell who would recognize Sansa, or b ) that whoever is there will be both loyal to her and good at keeping the secret, and

- LF and Sansa being convinced that the northern lords who will come as guests to the Boltons will a ) believe that she's Sansa, and b ) all be loyal to the Starks.

The problem is, do LF and Sansa know that?

Hey, I'm not saying I think this makes much logical sense. I have no idea what sort of "avenging" a 15-year-old girl is supposed to do in an enemy fortress with thousands of soldiers around her, but evidently the show thinks the answer is "something".

I imagine that the scenes with Arya in this trailer are of her on the ship as she heads toward Braavos. She probably has a cabin in the show, though the head turn could be her expression upon entering the HoBaW or any other Braavosi establishment. In any case, they look like early season shots to me.

As for the clothing, Arya isn't asked to immediately disrobe and change before entering the temple. She is allowed in once she says 'Valar Morghuis' iirc and from there, she enters the temple, observes the visitors, and then interacts with the Kindly Man. The HoBaW is an open temple to the public, so it's not like she would have to take off her clothes before establishing her interest in becoming a part of their order.

I imagine that the scenes with Arya in this trailer are of her on the ship as she heads toward Braavos. She probably has a cabin in the show, though the head turn could be her expression upon entering the HoBaW or any other Braavosi establishment. In any case, they look like early season shots to me.

As for the clothing, Arya isn't asked to immediately disrobe and change before entering the temple. She is allowed in once she says 'Valar Morghuis' iirc and from there, she enters the temple, observes the visitors, and then interacts with the Kindly Man. The HoBaW is an open temple to the public, so it's not like she would have to take off her clothes before establishing her interest in becoming a part of their order.

The scene with her lying down with the coin and the scene with her standing up and looking around look like the same place.

The scene with her lying down with the coin and the scene with her standing up and looking around look like the same place.

IA they do appear to be in the same place. I only have a hunch that they both in the ship. However, that's just a hunch based on the fact that I think it would be more dramatic if she were to change clothes after getting a room in the HoBaW.

Yet, the lying down and head turn scenes could also be in the HoBaW instead since the fact that she's wearing the same clothes isn't a certain indication of where she is. Arya could easily be given clothing after she's given a room or she'll show up in another scene in the plainclothes that we can assume were given to her by the FM.

IA they do appear to be in the same place. I only have a hunch that they both in the ship. However, that's just a hunch based on the fact that I think it would be more dramatic if she were to change clothes after getting a room in the HoBaW.

Yet, the lying down and head turn scenes could also be in the HoBaW instead since the fact that she's wearing the same clothes isn't a certain indication of where she is. Arya could easily be given clothing after she's given a room or she'll show up in another scene in the plainclothes that we can assume were given to her by the FM.

Hopefully that was the ship because shouldn't the HoBaW look...different?

Hopefully that was the ship because shouldn't the HoBaW look...different?

I didn't look carefully on the background of these scenes until just a second ago.

The head turn definitely looks like the HoBaW and the the coin clip appears to take place in the same general setting and that room could just be a plain bedroom w/o much frills. I'm guessing D&D will post-pone Arya's initial costume change right up until the scene where she must get rid of her possessions, though she could change before that as she gets a tour around the joint by the Kindly Jaqen. At the very least, she'll get a room to stay in before she's asked to change if that room is in fact inside the House of Black and White.

I didn't look carefully on the background of these scenes until just a second ago.

The head turn definitely looks like the HoBaW and the the coin clip appears to take place in the same general setting and that room could just be a plain bedroom w/o much frills. I'm guessing D&D will post-pone Arya's initial costume change right up until the scene where she must get rid of her possessions, though she could change before that as she gets a tour around the joint by the Kindly Jaqen. At the very least, she'll get a room to stay in before she's asked to change if that room is in fact inside the House of Black and White.

Do you think when she turns around that's when she sees the KM?

Archived