Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Regarding "fiery" Cersei: I can't really tell for sure, but in the Will Simpson drawing vid, doesn't it seem like Cersei is holding something on fire in her hand?

Who do you think is behind cersei in the final picture? i don't recognise them at all ?!!?

Edit: its ramsay bolton, hes actually got a skinned face in his left hand lol

The facebook thingmy makes no mention of her at the Funeral (I think it would have if she were there). And she's not in the wedding shot (neither is Kevan, though we know he's back). If she was in she'd be standing prominently with Mace and Loras, but she ain't.

Here's this from Abyss on WOTW. https://gfycat.com/CleanLeanChital There are old Tyrell ladies dressed in the same style as her of course but none of them are her.

There is a lady who looks vaguely like her, kind of dressed like her, but not placed where she would be standing. Last year they did the same thing at Tommen's coronation but in that case is was distant shot of what looked like a body double who was dressed like Olenna , also seemed to be a body double, wasn't Rigg.

Olenna is given an alibi on the show as to why she's not at the trial, I guess she's not at the funeral. From the books I can't remember, was not even in KL for the 2nd wedding?

I seems odd that she's not.

I have the recollection that Natalie Dormer and Diana Rigg were spotted in Croatia , which makes sense since we seem to a still of her there. Another case of cast regulars not 'candid' photographed away from the sets. But I think that was true of Rigg all season 4 .

There is a lady who looks vaguely like her, kind of dressed like her, but not placed where she would be standing. Last year they did the same thing at Tommen's coronation but in that case is was distant shot of what looked like a body double who was dressed like Olenna , also seemed to be a body double, wasn't Rigg.

Olenna is given an alibi on the show as to why she's not at the trial, I guess she's not at the funeral. From the books I can't remember, was not even in KL for the 2nd wedding?

I seems odd that she's not.

I have the recollection that Natalie Dormer and Diana Rigg were spotted in Croatia , which makes sense since we seem to a still of her there. Another case of cast regulars not 'candid' photographed away from the sets. But I think that was true of Rigg all season 4 .

There are plenty of ladies dressed like her (her style seems to be in vogue for older ladies at court) but none are her, nor are they meant to be represent her or be her double/stand-in. If she was there she'd be prominently in shot and they'd actually use Diana Rigg. She left KL in ep. 404, as per her convo with Marge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWclAgsyDfU So that means she was willing to skip out on the trial and the wedding to Tommen etc. Only something big (or. I guess, bigger) will motivate her return (ie. members of her family getting arrested by zealots and Cersei trying to undermine their political position).

I don't buy the Sansa-going-to-WF business. It needs a helluva lot more evidence to be at all convincing. And I'm not so sure Ramsay's doomed either. I agree that a great deal will be streamlined for the show, particularly with faked deaths, fake identities etc. but I don't think it will be in the more elaborate ways people have theorized.

Agree, except for Ramsay being doomed. He has to be killed by Theon IMHO, and since Yara couldn't convince Theon to leave Ramsay, I guess only a Stark could. Blood family vs. emotional family.

Different topic: whose blood is on Stannis face in that one promo pic? Did he behead someone?

I don't buy the Sansa-going-to-WF business. It needs a helluva lot more evidence to be at all convincing.

A lot of people try really hard to convince others of their theories. As far as the extension of my arguments on the subject, it's more about opening minds to the possibility. It's such an outlandish proposition that it would undeniably become controversial to book readers if revealed on the show without prior preparation. It would only cause more scorn, and if it takes place early in the season, would immediately turn criticism into ranting. Heck, it gets ranted on just discussing the possibility. The evidence is sketchy, but there's enough there to deduce it might happen. It's one thing to be blindsided and explode over a controversial change to the sacred books, and another to begrudgingly roll eyes.

There are plenty of ladies dressed like her (her style seems to be in vogue for older ladies at court) but none are her, nor are they meant to be represent her or be her double/stand-in. If she was there she'd be prominently in shot and they'd actually use Diana Rigg. She left KL in ep. 404, as per her convo with Marge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWclAgsyDfU So that means she was willing to skip out on the trial and the wedding to Tommen etc. Only something big (or. I guess, bigger) will motivate her return (ie. members of her family getting arrested by zealots and Cersei trying to undermine their political position).

Still seems odd she would not be there for the Tommen - Marge wedding , maybe they will explain it.

I've talked about this before, but I think both Margaery and Cersei will be arrested a lot sooner than we thought. The scene where Tommen and the kingsguard head for the Sept of Baelor, I just can't see him do something like that for Loras. I think it's either Cersei or Margaery who's arrested (most likely Margaery). It's in a Mylod episode, which makes me think it will look something like this:

Episode 3: Loras is arrested.

Episode 4: Margaery is arrested.

Episode 5: Cersei is arrested (just because there's really not much else for her to do once Margaery is gone).

Olenna could either show up in E04 or E05, if this is the case. Littlefinger would most likely arrive earlier than that.

One question though: How is the foreign merchant connected to the Sparrow thing?

^ I can't imagine they keep Cersei in jail for half a season. It would be a disservice to her wonderful chapters in the book of political chaos that can be easily translated to the show. That would only give her three episodes to really mess things up. Cersei in jail is just not really that interesting of a plot, and could really be crammed into two episodes if absolutely necessary with little loss of story.

Yeah, you may be right. After having Tyrion in jail for a whole season it's kinda done already, too. But I do think Cersei may end up in the Faith's hands earlier than some think. Episode 6 maybe. That would give her two episodes in the cells, E09 where she'll be absent, and then the WoS in the finale.

Could the High Septon after being thrown out of his home by the sparrows go to Cersei for aid (like Falyse Stokeworth in the novels). Because of his close relationship with the Tyrells (established through Marg and her charitable work) she could give him to Qyburn for his experiments.

That's a nice thought... we have no clue the High Septon will die this season. Most likely like in the books, Cersei will plot to kill him, but what if he's just destitued by the populace now following the High Sparrow and, eager to get his gold and rich life back, he crawls back to the Red Keep. That would be a change that I wouldnt mind at all.

https://gfycat.com/WhoppingNimbleKiskadee Ahem...(Abyss's best gif so far, I must say, biased as I am on the subject).

Can't decide if she making eye contact with someone or not. Hmm. Further study is required.

(Yes, naseridrl, this once I'll use my newfound linking ability for evil. Though in fairness IT IS on topic).

Evil genius is what you are, tut tut naughty naughty all that linking power will go to your head. It seems so weird these days to read your posts now with quotes and links its like you've become a whole different person. So many posts in one style now it's like you've been replaced a doppelganger.

Although I am in all seriousness quite excited to see some of the wall stuff this season. I'm not that into the wall usually as most of the main characters there don't interest me that much but this season with Baratheon 3 plus Davos and Mel it might be one of the parts I dip into the most.

Eh, I've always seen the Wall as the place where the real threat was, and every other storyline (as entertaining as it is) was just a diversion to keep people from recognizing what's going on in the North. So it has always interested me. I'm just glad that some other characters are there to help get the audience interested, as well.

That's a nice thought... we have no clue the High Septon will die this season. Most likely like in the books, Cersei will plot to kill him, but what if he's just destitued by the populace now following the High Sparrow and, eager to get his gold and rich life back, he crawls back to the Red Keep. That would be a change that I wouldnt mind at all.

Actually, a tidy, abbreviated way for the show to do things is to have the High Septon be the person the Sparrows arrest in the brothel. This would take care of his deposition, while giving the Faith a witness.

He could then confess to bribes he has taken from the Lannisters or things he has seen (in the Sept) which could lead to Cersei's arrest.

I don't think Cersei would get arrested as early as Episode 5. Episode 6 at the earliest because that would almost seem like a rush. I would rather see more of Cersei plotting and scheming then sitting in a cell for 4 episodes.

Also what is this the domino effect?

Loras arrested, Maragaery arrested, Cersed arrested within 3 episodes. That would be poor writing.

Littlefinger will arrive in Episode 4 and Olenna will arrive in Episode 5.

Mace and Meryn will leave for Braavos in Episode 6.

Archived