Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

Looks away for five minutes and the thread has moved on two "versions"...ok.

Watched the commentaries of the Stannis scenes in S4 last night. That only took a few minutes. so I also watched the "attack on the Dreadfort" scene as Bryan Cogman was doing the commentary on that episode. No new information, but he repeated the fact that Yara fleeing with have big repercussions for her "later". Gemma had also mentioned this on Thronecast last year too.

Though I doubt she will be in very much of S5, I really hope we see the contrast between the "low" she feels at abandoning Theon to the high of meeting him again, though even that will be bittersweet. Was there something on one of the other threads about Gemma being listed for episodes later in the season, though possibly IMDB spoofing? Totally not obsessing over Yashara. Nope.

As an aside, I made a post for a "cute" (well I thought it was cute) anecdote by Alex Graves about Stannis and Dav..I mean Stephen and Liam on the 4.10 commentary.

yeah I dislike the idea of Cersei being marginalized and abused for half the season, they need to let her be proactive and destructive and mad for her humbling act after the WOS to truly be effective.

Tommen is probably visiting the High Sparrow in regards to Loras or something else that D&D might just put in to show that Tommen cares a lot more than Joffrey

Also, he sold the rights to hbo, didn't he?

The tv show will tell the end of the story first, he can't stop that now. And he has only himself to blame for it.

Yeah I agree. I think in an ideal world he wants It to go on longer so they aren't the ones who reveal the ending for him but that's not going to happen. D&D don't seem to want to go longer and have made the series smaller than they initially intended not longer.

I've talked about this before, but I think both Margaery and Cersei will be arrested a lot sooner than we thought. The scene where Tommen and the kingsguard head for the Sept of Baelor, I just can't see him do something like that for Loras. I think it's either Cersei or Margaery who's arrested (most likely Margaery). It's in a Mylod episode, which makes me think it will look something like this:

Episode 3: Loras is arrested.

Episode 4: Margaery is arrested.

Episode 5: Cersei is arrested (just because there's really not much else for her to do once Margaery is gone).

Olenna could either show up in E04 or E05, if this is the case. Littlefinger would most likely arrive earlier than that.

One question though: How is the foreign merchant connected to the Sparrow thing?

I just hope they don't somehow substitute Margaerys arrest by Loras' arrest. We have proof that Cersei will be arrested (walk of punishment), we have proof that Loras will be seized by Sparrows, but we haven't heard anything about Margaery in jail so far.

This article looks to be a mash up of several interviews & blog posts by george the last two years. Its definitely not a real interview since I've read those exact replies in separate interviews before.

There will be max 7 season. They don't have the budget to negotiate contracts for another season with how popular the show has gotten and how big the cast is.

“People are going to die who don’t die in the books, so even the book readers will be unhappy."

Ha its funny how we are unhappy about characters who have not died yet. Balon!

Agree, except for Ramsay being doomed. He has to be killed by Theon IMHO, and since Yara couldn't convince Theon to leave Ramsay, I guess only a Stark could. Blood family vs. emotional family.

Different topic: whose blood is on Stannis face in that one promo pic? Did he behead someone?

Its Ramsay's, Stannis just killed him during the Battle of Ice (I wish!!). Seriously it could either be Deepwood Motte or Battle of Ice (less likely)

Evil genius is what you are, tut tut naughty naughty all that linking power will go to your head. It seems so weird these days to read your posts now with quotes and links its like you've become a whole different person. So many posts in one style now it's like you've been replaced a doppelganger.

Although I am in all seriousness quite excited to see some of the wall stuff this season. I'm not that into the wall usually as most of the main characters there don't interest me that much but this season with Baratheon 3 plus Davos and Mel it might be one of the parts I dip into the most.

Maybe you have created a monster after all. ;)

http://fseventh.tumblr.com/post/111081773856/game-of-thrones-s04e10-dvd-commentary-lena-headey

here are some tidbits from the lannister commentary if you guys are interested

They're great.

yeah I dislike the idea of Cersei being marginalized and abused for half the season, they need to let her be proactive and destructive and mad for her humbling act after the WOS to truly be effective.

Tommen is probably visiting the High Sparrow in regards to Loras or something else that D&D might just put in to show that Tommen cares a lot more than Joffrey

Ep. 507 or even 508 is a much better guess for her arrest anyways. I think people are guessing Marge's arrest too early as well but that's another matter.

Looks away for five minutes and the thread has moved on two "versions"...ok.

Watched the commentaries of the Stannis scenes in S4 last night. That only took a few minutes. so I also watched the "attack on the Dreadfort" scene as Bryan Cogman was doing the commentary on that episode. No new information, but he repeated the fact that Yara fleeing with have big repercussions for her "later". Gemma had also mentioned this on Thronecast last year too.

Though I doubt she will be in very much of S5, I really hope we see the contrast between the "low" she feels at abandoning Theon to the high of meeting him again, though even that will be bittersweet. Was there something on one of the other threads about Gemma being listed for episodes later in the season, though possibly IMDB spoofing? Totally not obsessing over Yashara. Nope.

As an aside, I made a post for a "cute" (well I thought it was cute) anecdote by Alex Graves about Stannis and Dav..I mean Stephen and Liam on the 4.10 commentary.

Graves is talking about they're scene in ep. 403, right? If so that's pretty good directing because after all, they're supposed to have just heard good news (Joff's death).

I just hope they don't somehow substitute Margaerys arrest by Loras' arrest. We have proof that Cersei will be arrested (walk of punishment), we have proof that Loras will be seized by Sparrows, but we haven't heard anything about Margaery in jail so far.

Good point there.

All the spy posts, rumors and pics have revealed no indication of Margaery's arrest, perhaps D&D believe two queens in jail, is overkill. Show Cersei and book Cersei had slight differences in their attitude toward Marg, and show Marg toward Cersei even more so. Show Cersei isn't as jealous of Marg and seems to be more focused on Loras than anyone else.

Furthermore show Tommen is now like 14, but still a boy in the books, so naturally show Cersei see's Tommen as more a young man than a boy, which effects her viewpoints.

Here is the biggest reason for the change in my opinion (theory) based on the evidence....

The show has Tywin informing Cersei the family mines are tapped out, therefore with High Garden being the second richest realm, show Cersei realizes it's important to keep the marriage alliance in tact, in fact by removing Loras, she makes Margaery the heir to High Gardens wealth, Thereby the Lannister's inherit that wealth through the children of Tommen and Margaery.

Good point there.

All the spy posts, rumors and pics have revealed no indication of Margaery's arrest, perhaps D&D believe two queens in jail, is overkill. Show Cersei and book Cersei had slight differences in their attitude toward Marg, and show Marg toward Cersei even more so. Show Cersei isn't as jealous of Marg and seems to be more focused on Loras than anyone else.

Furthermore show Tommen is now like 14, but still a boy in the books, so naturally show Cersei see's Tommen as more a young man than a boy, which effects her viewpoints.

Here is the biggest reason for the change in my opinion (theory) based on the evidence....

The show has Tywin informing Cersei the family mines are tapped out, therefore with High Garden being the second richest realm, show Cersei realizes it's important to keep the marriage alliance in tact, in fact by removing Loras, she makes Margaery the heir to High Gardens wealth, Thereby the Lannister's inherit that wealth through the children of Tommen and Margaery.

No, there was a Natalie Dormer interview a while back that hinted at confinement and general unpleasantness for Margery.

Whatever. The death predictions are more interesting. I hope that's just someone like Loras or Bronn...

e: or Barristan, Grey Worm, Meryn Trant... basically, the people a lot of people are already predicting will die.

Without having any facts I assume we will get a surprise death: Theon, Jaime, Varys, Littlefinger?

If all of them and the expected big deaths happen in the last two seasons it will be one death per episode. So I expect surprise deaths in season 5.

Without having any facts I assume we will get a surprise death: Theon, Jaime, Varys, Littlefinger?

If all of them and the expected big deaths happen in the last two seasons it will be one death per episode. So I expect surprise deaths in season 5.

Any of these seem unlikely, but of your list, LF is possible if Sansa's story advances that far (doubt it) and Theon is possible if we get much farther in the battle of ice than I expect we will.

Varys - not ready.

Jamie - not ready.

My guesses would be Grey Worm and Daario, possibly Missandei, Doldrous Ed and Aemon, one of Tormund or Mance, possible Selyse of Shireen or both, Pycelle, Kevan, possibly Tommen.

Then of course, there is the possibility people will think Dany is dead for an episode, and Jon will be presumed dead in the finale.

Ep. 507 or even 508 is a much better guess for her arrest anyways. I think people are guessing Marge's arrest too early as well but that's another matter.

I hope you're right. I want as much Cersei vs. Margaery as possible before the Faith starts locking people behind bars. The only reason I think Margaery will be arrested in E04 is the Tommen scene, but I don't know.

Maybe Loras is arrested, and Margaery goes to Tommen for help (this could possibly be the scene from the trailer where sad Margaery hugs him). Tommen then goes to free Loras but is stopped by the sparrows. In this scenario, Tommen choses to side with the Tyrells, which sure would make Cersei panic, realizing she has to get rid of Marge asap.

Archived