The Holy Land

Bael's Bastard

Is there a "Holy Land" for the followers of the seven? Is there any indication in the books of pilgrimmage from Westeros to the lands where the seven supposedly originated or were revealed? Militant followers of the seven have rebelled against Targaryen kings for things apparently forbidden by the Faith, but I can't recall anything about protecting or liberating the lands where the seven originate.

Well the faith of the seven came to Westeros with the Andals so if they have a holy land of origin it would be in Essos but honestly I think the faith of the seven is pretty much confined to Westeros now (some exceptions like Braavos). There are holy places in Westeros (the Quiet Isle) but I don't know if you'd call that their holy land.

edit: Andals not First Men

According to the ckii mod, there are still worshippers of The Seven living in Essos. This means that Andolas would be considered a holy place. However, I don't think The Seven have things like pilgrimages.

According to the ckii mod, there are still worshippers of The Seven living in Essos. This means that Andalos would be considered a holy place. However, I don't think The Seven have things like pilgrimages.

Yeah, you can't just take something from an unofficial mod and use it as proof of anything. I recall one of the devs who works on the mod even saying that there's nothing about Andals still living in Essos, and he wants them removed from the game.

According to King Hugo of the Hill, the Seven promised him that the descendants of the Andals would have a great kingdom in a foreign land, so faith worshippers might actually see Westeros as the Holy Land.

So, that means Westros is their Promised Land.

According to King Hugo of the Hill, the Seven promised him that the descendants of the Andals would have a great kingdom in a foreign land, so faith worshippers might actually see Westeros as the Holy Land.

:agree:

I always thought Westeros is the Faith's holy land, as the Andals conquered it with a "religious fervor" that would be quite inexplicable otherwise

Yeah, you can't just take something from an unofficial mod and use it as proof of anything. I recall one of the devs who works on the mod even saying that there's nothing about Andals still living in Essos, and he wants them removed from the game.

Pentos is in Essos. Doesn't Illyrio talk about the light of the Seven? Or am I mixed up and he's a R'hllorist?

There's also a sept in Braavos. So I'm pretty sure that there are some following the Seven in Essos.

Pentos is in Essos. Doesn't Illyrio talk about the light of the Seven? Or am I mixed up and he's a R'hllorist?

There's also a sept in Braavos. So I'm pretty sure that there are some following the Seven in Essos.

I don't recall Illyrio ever mentioning worshiping the Seven. And as for the Sept in Braavos, that's probably because of how the Braavos have temples to pretty much every god of all the people who would conceivably visit the city and not because of any influence of Andals who remained in Essos.

Archived