What will be Dany’s justification for invading Westeros?

Mithras

You are free to support anyone you want.

That we are. We are also free to see the delusions of the characters and question their motivations. Both Dany and Stannis must admit their true motivations. Its not duty and its not charity. Its selfishness and false entitlement. Neither want the throne for altruistic reasons.

I'm trying to figure out what our support is, exactly.

Who are you supporting for the throne James? I'm currently on Team Melting

That we are. We are also free to see the delusions of the characters and question their motivations. Both Dany and Stannis must admit their true motivations. Its not duty and its not charity. Its selfishness and false entitlement. Neither want the throne for altruistic reasons.

One can both want the IT out of a sense of entitlement and plan to rule justly.

Ya know, painting your face in the colors of your beloved team, yelling encouraging shit at the TV, that sort of thing. Don't know if the people inside the TV are actually really affected, but is that an excuse to deny them your support?

That's all well and good and sincere, but the problem is, even there the fans seek to claim the moral highground, you know like we played better but the other team had paid the referee and all that jazz.

It is about entitlement. That is how feudalism works. Do you not think that the Starks feel like they are entitled to rule the North? Or the Tully's in Riverrun? Dany is no different on her views of entitlement than any other high born heirs in this world.

Ya know, painting your face in the colors of your beloved team, yelling encouraging shit at the TV, that sort of thing. Don't know if the people inside the TV are actually really affected, but is that an excuse to deny them your support?

If they could hear me Richard Sherman would run and hide.

:(

One can both want the IT out of a sense of entitlement and plan to rule justly.

As we've seen in Meereen, Plans and skills don't necessarily match. Is there are moment where you say 'I can't do this, I need to go and find a red door?' or carry on your present course regardless because you think it should be yours, no the GODS want it to be yours?

It is about entitlement. That is how feudalism works. Do you not think that the Starks feel like they are entitled to rule the North? Or the Tully's in Riverrun? Dany is no different on her views of entitlement than any other high born heirs in this world.

I think you are using the wrong examples there. The Starks are currently wiped out and want their house back but its their bannermen who are working to make it happen. Not exactly a democratic revolution but you can tell that they have worked well for the North enough for those beneath to rally for them. The Tullys have only been ruling around 300 years and the Blackwoods seem to have a better claim than them for the Riverlands. But again, we have seen no sense from them that the Riverlands is their right the same way we have from Dany or Stannis.

As we've seen in Meereen, Plans and skills don't necessarily match. Is there are moment where you say 'I can't do this, I need to go and find a red door?' or carry on your present course regardless because you think it should be yours, no the GODS want it to be yours?

Sure, if you feel that 15 year old are incapable of learning and evolving as they grow older. I certainly don't feel that way.

I think we should argue this out until we arrive at a position we all agree with.

True. I wonder who is the most dogmatic though...

Lets talk about Dany's Messiah Complex:

It's overexaggerated. In the same sentence you quote, she clearly explains that the red waste is the only way to go where they wouldn't be hunted immediately, and she acknowledges later that her time in Qarth was not a proud thing ("In Qarth I was a beggar...")

1. exactly why it needs saving

2. I'm sorry, roads and schools. Did the internal combustion engine get invented since I last checked? Has anyone ever mentioned the word 'school' in all 5 novels? I know they do the maester training in Old Town...is there any other form of education in Westeros? I think you are several centuries ahead of the current civilization in Westeros.

Civil Service? Pretty sure there are also no national parks or truck rest stops either.

Standing army?

You have lost me on these, clearly 'call the bannermen' is how they wage war in Westeros. Are you really blaming the Targaryens for not having the ability to leap centuries ahead of the world they live in?

3. Well if you read WOIAF it is very very clear what they did for Westeros. I really don't feel like explaining the entire book and pointing out all the benefits of central government as opposed to the jungle warfare that was going on before Aegon.

Re 2: I grew up in Turkey, where Roman roads, Roman aqueducts, Roman bridges, libraries are still standing. Surely you've heard about the Alexandrian school and the Alexandrian library. Universities started in the Middle Ages. China developed a civil service very early, which made possible some social mobility. You don't need the internal combustion engine for any of these.

Edit re 3: I haven't read the WOIAF. From reading Ice and Fire, I know that roads suck. That, alone, in a huge land with long winters and vast differences in geography would be absolutely necessary for feeding people. There is no written law code, which is bizarre by anyone's standards. The only educational institution, the Citadel, was set up before the Targs ever arrived.

I don't get people who say that Dany is going to protect Westeros from The Others , if she is invading Westeros with fire and blood doesn't that make her the same threat as The Others .

She resolved to invade Westeros long before anyone knew anything about the Others. Theory debunked. Her daddy was king, so she deserves to be queen. It's not any more complicated than that.

Archived