Bakker XXXIV: Waiting for Grimdark (update: it’s here!)

Happy Ent

Just yesterday I finished a re-read of Judging Eye and I’m fine with the logistics of the Cil-Aujas scene. At most critical points, Cleric hangs back and kills hundreds, if not thousands, of Sranc. This gives our group a chance to run away. The Captain always goes down and left, making it difficult for the Sranc to surround them using other passages.

I'm actually starting to wonder about that. GRRM has hinted he'll be done by the end of the year. And unlike Bakker, GRRM has enough clout to push out all sorts of other titles if they want a quick turnaround. My suspicion is that they'd launch it near the time the next season goes on.

I'm actually starting to wonder about that. GRRM has hinted he'll be done by the end of the year. And unlike Bakker, GRRM has enough clout to push out all sorts of other titles if they want a quick turnaround. My suspicion is that they'd launch it near the time the next season goes on.

Yeah, the stuff on GRRM's blog was pretty damn encouraging if you ask me. One never knows, of course. It's kind of like trying to parse the words that come out of a Federal Reserve meeting and figuring out what it means for interest rates or something, but it feels like he knows that he's getting close.

With Unholy Consult, I just don't know what to make of where we're at both because it seemed a few months ago like we were at the finish line and now the radio silence along with talk of it being split into two volumes.

I wish I was confident about TWoW. I seem to recall GRRM canceling a trip to WorldCon or something to work on Dance and it still wasn't finished for two more years.

I know that he desperately wants to get ahead of the show. And I think he sees it pretty close. Beyond that who knows.

It's a bit sad that it's even a discussion at this point, especially if tuc was handed in for review.

Winds of winter will come out with deathly hallows rapidity, if not faster.

I wonder if they'll have simultaneous global release on all platforms, rather than midnight per timezone.

With Unholy Consult, I just don't know what to make of where we're at both because it seemed a few months ago like we were at the finish line and now the radio silence along with talk of it being split into two volumes.

My guess is that within a few weeks at most he’s going to say he finished it. I know he went silent before and then came back with something unrelated, but he said ‘any day now’ back in January [at the end of January]. He said something very similar last year before he announced that he delivered the book to the beta readers, and that took him about three months IIRC.

We should have some kind of gambling pool based on the publication date of TUC. It would be like, Benjukka for Dummies or something. But instead of wagering money, we could wager our souls.

We wagered our souls as soon as we opened the first page of The Second Apocalypse. And those of us who are still reading have no doubt lost theirs...

We should have some kind of gambling pool based on the publication date of TUC. It would be like, Benjukka for Dummies or something. But instead of wagering money, we could wager our souls.

"Though you will lose your soul, you will gain the begrudging respect of three other nerds on the interwebs." - Mandate Catechism

as it happens, i'm actually paying, or rather my LLC is paying, proper currency for the actual animus. up to $1000, contigent upon result of purity examination. first LLC confects the commercial paper, then cuts it into tranches and securitizies it for resale to very stupid rich people. win/win motherfuckers!

as it happens, i'm actually paying, or rather my LLC is paying, proper currency for the actual animus. up to $1000, contigent upon result of purity examination. first LLC confects the commercial paper, then cuts it into tranches and securitizies it for resale to very stupid rich people. win/win motherfuckers!

Only if iskrael is supervising the tranching.

You are such a fake commie.

Archived