Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

No.

It was Tywin Lannister who settled the crown's dispute with the Braavosi (though without "making the Titan kneel", to the king's displeasure), by repaying the monies lent to Jaehaerys II with gold from Casterly Rock, thereby taking the debts upon himself.

This is what made me think that Robert absorbed Aerys's debt and that it was not just Robert's excesses that 'beggared the kingdom.'

Is the Northern island Skane completely deserted?

Yeah.

the Feast of Skane, wherein a Skagosi war fleet descended upon the smaller nearby isle of Skane, raping and carrying off the Skanish women whilst slaying the Skanish men and consuming their flesh in a feast that lasted a fortnight. Whether this be true or not, Skane remains uninhabited to this day, though tumbled stones and overgrown foundations testify that men did once dwell amongst its windswept hills and stony shores.

In Jaehaerys I, TWOIAF when discussing the Great Council of 101, we have this...

Thousands of tents sprang up over the moons, until the castle town of Harrenton was accounted the fourth largest city of the Realm.

Is that a typo? Should moons have been changed to moors?

In Jaehaerys I, TWOIAF when discussing the Great Council of 101, we have this...

Probably. It was brought up in the inconsistencies thread but I don't think Ran ever commented. It's in the first post, along with the fact that Harrenton should probably be Harrentown.

Doesn't moons means months here? After several months there were so many tents Harroton had become the fourth city?

If someone here could clear something that I had in mind that'd be great.

Did the 7 kingdoms just fell asleep durning their watch? Didn't the Targs lived on Dragonstone for over a hundred years before Aegon's landing? So it was a surprise that they have 3 dragons or am I'm missing something here?

If I were a king and I knew that not so far from my home lives a Valyrian dragon riders family I'd spent half my budget on learning everything I can on dragons/how to kill them/weak spots and basicly everything I could, the Valyrian Freehold was once the biggest empire in the world so it's only natural that one day the Targaryen would fly on their dragons and do exactly what they did in the War of Conquest.

I always get the feeling that they took all the kings by surprise there or maybe I'm wrong here?

According to the World Book, Lord Aenar Targaryen and his family came to Dragonstone 12 years before the doom of Valyria. They initially showed no particular interest in Westeros and had more dealings with the cities of the East. They did bring their dragons with them, of which Balerion the Black dread was the last survivor at the time of Aegon I conquest. The dragons Vhagar and Meraxas are said to have hatched on Dragonstone. Good question - I suppose the Westerosi were complacent because they had never been attacked by the Targaryens prior to Aegon I. There was a lot of strife amongst the kings and lords at the time. Perhaps they were too caught up in their wars to pay attention to the dragonlords on Dragonstone.

Does Roose and crew know that Stannis has the Mountain clansmen on his side or is he underestimating his enemy's force by at least a thousand men?

I know the Karstark maester sent him a map of the region but is there any there any evidence of the Lord of the North knowing about Stannis's force size?

I think the first and last are true.

Gravedigger is.

Cersei simply must be getting away with her crimes, otherwise there'd be no more Baratheon king Tommen and fAegon would simply run to ascend the vacant iron throne much too fast.
We still badly need Cersei to continue her politics to destroy what she means to govern.

But I am not quite expecting the middle part to be happening that way.

Archived